[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any /v/idyas play Factorio?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: Factorio1.jpg (20KB, 353x153px) Image search: [Google]
Factorio1.jpg
20KB, 353x153px
Any /v/idyas play Factorio?
>>
>>385959386
Modded minecraft, although it's much more about micromanagement and setting up the automatization than logistical chains of Factorio. Plus it's still minecraft and you will have to mine and explore and craft and fight before you start to optimize things, so if you hate Minecraft with passion then mods won't fix it for you.
>>
>>385959386
i've made nifty stuff, launched the rockets a few times, etc.
tried a couple neat mods and such but overall the game is a bit lacking in terms of content. there's no point to the enemies anymore aside from forcing you to throw a meager amount of resources at turrets for defense and ocassionally flamethrower fuel to expand outward into their territory

i follow the devlog and I'm not pleased with the direction they're going. Seems like they're sick of the game and want to shove out a 1.0 release and move on to something else, which sucks.
>>
>>385960306
I can't disagree more.
>>
Buddy gifted me it once. Made it to third tutorial level and stopped. Far too technical and micro-manage oritented for me.

I imagine this game is one step below Dorf fort in the autism scale.
>>
>>385960306
>i follow the devlog and I'm not pleased with the direction they're going.
I stopped caring when they added multiplayer and started focusing on that.
Since then, the only truly relevant change was science, everything else is just filler.
>>
>>385961103
What a pointless, empty statement to make.
>>
>>385961324
the increased amount of science pack types and the accompanying changes to recipes is pretty much the only thing they've changed in quite a while worth even mentioning
>>
>>385961657
Your complaining is aking to fags complaining about Warframe being too grindy. I agree on the part of enemies being somewhat a lackluster, but content wise the game is more or less done. Whatever substantial and different they can add to the game will not add to the experience in the slightest. If you want longer logistics chains then there are mods for that. If you want something to explore then you're in the wrong game.
>>
>>385961836
I don't want something to explore. I kind of want the idea they threw around originally where you send a certain amount of supplies to a space station and then build another factory up there in limited space to construct your ship. That would have been neat.
God, what a shitty post you just made
>yeah well OTHER UNRELATED GAME (which i've never played)
>if you want THIS thing there are mods for it and if you want THIS thing, FUCK YOU (i don't want either of these things)
>>
>>385961836
>i think there should be a bit more content
>the same as "i don't want to grind as much"

were you born this way or did you have to attend retard college, or what the fuck is going on here
>>
>>385962508
>That would have been neat.
No, this game is about optimizing logistics chains, that's it. Everything from mining to science is about that. Whatever content they can add has to be around adding something to the optimization experience, but there are already plenty of mods that do that. It's not that they can't add space stage or caves or sea mining or whatever, but it won't significantly change anything. The content of the game is done, you may dislike it or feel it's rather empty, but that's your expierience, it's done. Everything above that will either deter from the experience or make the game into shit, like what happened to Minecraft when he started focusing too much on superfluous features of exploration. Get off your high horse, you have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>385960020
>hate minecraft
>love factorio

huh
>>
>>385962783
That's not what I've said, try actually reading next time instead of asking your handler to do that for you. Next.
>>
>>385962807
>you may dislike it or feel it's rather empty, but that's your expierience
>Get off your high horse, you have no idea what you're talking about.
the absolute fucking irony here. have a good day, buddy
>>
>>385962807
jesus fuck you're a nigger. other anon is right. it took me about 400 hours of playtime to realize it. the game isn't solely about your autistic need to optimize your factory. i gaurantee you 99% of players don't work out ratios and build perfect little factories.
>>
>>385962982
Should I fucking add "IMHO" after every sentence so your autistic mind will be at peace processing that I have opinions too?
>>
>>385963323
>the game isn't solely about your autistic need to optimize your factory
Really? What about it? What makes people continue playing after launching a rocket once? Exploration of a simple noise generated terrain? Enemies that stop being a bother past mid-game? Because everything else, from megafactories to angel's mods fall under optimization.
>>
>>385963487
>Really? What about it? What makes people continue playing after launching a rocket once? Exploration of a simple noise generated terrain? Enemies that stop being a bother past mid-game?

i believe that's exactly the point m8. optimizing shit once you have already finished the tech tree is pretty fucking pointless. starting a new game would be mostly pointless as well.
>>
>>385963615
That's why I compared him to fags that complain about Warframe being too grindy. He was not complaining about lack of content, he was complaining about core gameplay that you can understand just by playing 2 hours. Everything about the game after 2 hours is about QoL stuff, from robots to faster belts and machines, but the core is still there. If you dislike the optimization the you dislike the game, not the lack of content.
>>
>>385964120
>He was not complaining about lack of content

>>385960306
>tried a couple neat mods and such but overall the game is a bit lacking in terms of content.
well he certainly fooled me
>>
>>385959386
Interested in it, but not enough to buy it.
I love modded minecraft, but this lacks the ability to have a cozy home and to go off murdering things if I want to change it up.
>>
>>385964580
>a cozy home and to go off murdering things if I want to change it up.
that's what i do but really the enemy variety and viable strategies for dealing with them aren't varied enough to make it very fun. now after v.15 probably even less so since i have unlimited u235 so basically unlimited nukes.
>>
>>385960020
Well while you could make some crazy machines in minecraft, it cleary was not the focus of the game. Funnily enough Notch seems to love this game more than he ever did minecraft. He has over 300 hours in or something. I'm surprised he hasn't offered to fund them. So the devs can employ more people and speed things up, seeing how he has funded lots of indie games. Maybe he tried though and they just were not interested.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.