[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the hell was this game so damn easy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: 2.jpg (39KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
39KB, 800x600px
Why the hell was this game so damn easy?
>>
Because it was a radical dreamer.
>>
>>385954672
>Force levels by effectively eliminating experience points to better curate the difficulty curve of your game
>Still make it piss easy
What a blunder.
>>
>>385954760

what other games have done this?
>>
>>385955148
Suikoden had forced levels similar to CC. Honestly CC's design was almost page for page ripped from Suikoden.
>>
>>385954672

Funny because a lot of people have trouble with it. It is an easy game, but only if you actually pay attention to what elements are weak to what and use the field effect correctly. Most people just spam the same magic and get stomped. Especially by the blue dragon.

>>385955218

>Suikoden had forced levels similar to CC.
No it doesn't. You can just grind and get more levels in Chrono Cross. What it does have is you unlock rune powers by level. But the levels themselves are based on traditional experience.
>>
>>385956354
>Funny because a lot of people have trouble with it. It is an easy game, but only if you actually pay attention to what elements are weak to what and use the field effect correctly. Most people just spam the same magic and get stomped. Especially by the blue dragon.

The only boss fights I ever had difficulty with was Miguel, Garai, Dario, and the Red Dragon. Once I figured out you can just spam Dario with red elements to win, the game becomes super easy because you get the strongest swallow so early in the game.
>>
This is now a chrono series general.
Who is best girl
and why is it hSYKE, harle is trash, the only real answer is flea
>>
File: 1500169897533.gif (8KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
1500169897533.gif
8KB, 128x128px
>>
>>385957469

So what happened to him? He got trapped inside the Dead Sea by FATE?
>>
>>385954672
its a jrpg
>>
>>385954672

because you used the color thing and bombed the enemies
>>
File: Chrono.Cross.full.539587.jpg (340KB, 619x797px) Image search: [Google]
Chrono.Cross.full.539587.jpg
340KB, 619x797px
>>385956834

I found that blue magic was the strongest in the game, since there's so many red, yellow or black bosses. Given the color system allows for one color to be strong against three other colors, you can just keep spamming the blue summon and win against most of them. The only time I ran into trouble is against white element bosses since blue and white elements did less damage against those. But then I just swapped out Leena and Pip for Kid and the experiment lady for that one area.

I still feel that Leena is the strongest character in the game because of blue being so overpowered.
>>
>>385958879

I thought Blue element was only strong against Red element. Why would it also be strong against Black, the fuck?
>>
>>385959974

Each color is balanced with two others and strong against another. Blue would break down like this:

+50% damage against Red
+25% damage against Black
+25% damage against Yellow
-25% damage against White
-25% damage against Green
-50% damage against Blue
>>
>>385960606

wow. I didn't know that! This just made the game even EASIER, kek.

so if a blue character casts a black element will it be 25% less effective?
>>
>>385960749

Actually yes. A blue character casting a black element will make the black element less effective than if a black character casts it. But I was referring to the values of what the element does when it hits an enemy of a certain element affinity. So basically if you have a blue character like Leena attack a White affinity boss like Son of a Gun, the blue attack will lost 25% of its damage.

Of course, as you've already figured out, you can abuse this to really make the game easy. For example in the Dragon Fortress, go in and beat half the enemies with a white/blue team. Then leave and come back with a red/black team and beat the other half of the bosses. Repeat for the dragons.
>>
>>385961413
Man everytime I've played this game I always took a white or black, a red or blue, and a green or yellow for balance, I never knew about the damage modifiers for elements aside from the direct opposites
>>
>>385956354
If you fall behind in suikoden you start getting absurd exp until you're caught up. It's really hard to be behind.
>>
Chrono Cross needs a remake more than any Final Fantasy game. But it'll never get one thanks to Square's stupidity.
>>
>>385961998
Nah. Xenogears with a finished second disc. Or Saga Frontier actually finished edition. Cross doesn't feel blatantly unfinished like a lot of their late 90s games.
>>
>>385962259
>Xenogears with a finished second disc.

Improving gameplay is far more important than "finished second disc"
>>
>>385962949
I think the gameplay is fine though.
>>
>>385957469
hi crono
>>
Perfect
>>
File: ChronoCross_Opassa.jpg (60KB, 275x212px) Image search: [Google]
ChronoCross_Opassa.jpg
60KB, 275x212px
>>385962259

>Cross doesn't feel blatantly unfinished like a lot of their late 90s games.
Yes it does. It has the exact same problem Xenogears has. Half the story is missing and highlights of it get jammed into an hour of dialogue right before the end of the game.
>>
>>385963446
he made a really good goblin king
>>
>>385963146
It's a fucking slog.

Whole game is a slog, I can't believe anyone would actually enjoy the gameplay.
Have you spent 10 seconds in the menus? Have you seen the fucking battle transitions? It's absolutely horrible.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.