[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anyone noticed that in mgs thread this game gets shat on but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: mgs4.jpg (905KB, 886x1024px) Image search: [Google]
mgs4.jpg
905KB, 886x1024px
anyone noticed that in mgs thread this game gets shat on but in ps3 threads it gets praised to high heaven? why is this?
>>
ps3's only exclusive
>>
I'm still waiting for it to come out on something else
>>
File: 1442448269472.jpg (63KB, 588x559px) Image search: [Google]
1442448269472.jpg
63KB, 588x559px
isn't this game like 40 hours of cutscenes and 2 hours of gameplay?
>>
>>385948772
Because almost everyone who owns a PS3 actually played it?
>>
>>385948772
i don't notice this.
>>
>>385948772
Because MGS fans know the series and thus they know what type of ruin MGS4 caused to the series.
>>
>>385949285

Because MGS fans know what a travesty this game was for the series while ps3 threads are about thirsty brand loyalists padding out their games list to attempt to impress non sonybros.
>>
>>385949478

meant for OP.
>>
>>385948772
Because while it's possibly the weakest mainline Metal Gear game, it marked the turning point for the PS3. Before MGS4, PS3 didn't have jack shit. After, the PS3 started getting more and more good and memorable exclusives.
>>
>>385950320
>After, the PS3 started getting more and more good and memorable exclusives.
yeah like demon souls and uhhhhhhhhhhhhh
>>
I get that for most of its time It's basically a moviegame but the parts with gameplay have really good gameplay with a lot of stealth oriented options, if only the level design in the later parts of the game was better
>>
Why did kojimbo ruined solid snake? every fucking game after this is about big boss
>>
>>385950664
Big Boss is more interesting
>>
>>385950425
Heaven rain
>>
>>385950664
isn't Solid Snake fucking old and dead now
>>
>>385948772
I know a lot of people for whom MGS4 was their first MGS and they all loved it somehow.

People already familiar with the series know what a total disaster it was. Newcomers had no basis for comparison.
>>
>>385950861
>I know a lot of people for whom MGS4 was their first MGS and they all loved it somehow.
i find this hard to believe, how would you know whats going on? i dont even think there was a recap either
>>
>>385950761
The first ever youtuber bait game
>>
>>385950998
I know, I was confused too. I think maybe not knowing the context for most of the stuff going on added an element of intrigue that made it seem more interesting.
>>
>>385948772
It was a system seller, and one of sony's first modern NEVER EVER games. Of course we'd look back on it fondly
>>
>>385950664
he has a boner for big boss, probably disliked solid's simple charatcer, which boiled down to completing the mission, and probably has a dislike of hayter for being the voice and character of solid snake, which makes it almost instantly identifiable as the mgs seeries, rather than kojima. I believe Kojima to be a egotist maniac
>>
>>385950861
>>385950998
I was an MGS vet and I kinda liked it. I enjoyed the first two acts, but the game quickly ran down into the ground. The story on the other hand was a clusterfuck, yeah.
>>
>>385948948
Average playtime for me is about 4-5 hours. My buggest gripe is that almost every part of the game is a one and done section, feels super on rails compared to the other games where exploring and backtracking were encouraged to open up new rooms/paths. It works for the shadow moses section as it is pretty light on combat till the end and narritive heavy but the rest of the game feels so hollow and under used.
>>
>>385952359
>My buggest gripe is that almost every part of the game is a one and done section
That's probably mine too. I know they probably wanted to do a lot of different locales but it makes each area feel less dynamic. If they focused on them a little more it definitely would have been better.
>>
>>385952359
>>385952694
I find it kind of funny that Phantom Pain had the complete opposite problem. Kojima needs to learn middle ground.
>>
>>385952935
I think Camp Omega was a pretty good middle ground. It was open enough, and it had plenty of opportunity to backtrack and had secrets like the prisoner that was being executed.

I honestly expected MGS5 to be like that. More tightly focused but open areas.
>>
>>385952935
The Kaz rescue infiltration and OKB Zero were pretty good IMO shame the rest of the game couldn't compete.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.