[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do people even defend the hitboxes of Dark Souls 2?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: ds2.gif (3MB, 550x301px) Image search: [Google]
ds2.gif
3MB, 550x301px
Do people even defend the hitboxes of Dark Souls 2?
>>
>when ur the bean guy and other people try to crash ur plean guy
>>
>>385946819
DS2 is generally praised for it's mediocre pvp. PVE in DS2 is the worst in the series by far.
>>
>>385946887
im a bean guy for you!
>>
>>385947040
what's the next step in ur master bean???

to crash this plean!!!
>>
>>385946819
DUDE SHOCKWAVES LMAO
>>
>>385947145
for you bean guy!!!
>>
>>385947258
tell me about the bean guy why does he always try to crash this plean guy!?!?
>>
Someone post the guy dodging a lightning spear by using a special attack that makes your character bend down
>>
I remember when someone found examples of Bloodborne having shoddy hitboxes, and everyone just wrote it off as "NICE TRY PCFAT BUT WE KNOW YOU'RE PLAYING ONLINE WITH A BAD CONNECTION/EDITED THE VIDEO TO MAKE IT LOOK THAT WAY!"
>>
>>385947575
https://youtu.be/JlE-KjiVtYw
>>
>>385946819
I can't tell because this is a gif and as such is missing any and all relevant frames but isn't he hitting him? It seems like he might be in the path to get hit.
DaS2 having bad hitboxes is a meme. The roll hitbox doesn't update properly on low ADP and the way that the game does grabs makes it seem like the hitboxes are bad because you get teleported if you get grazed but other than that there are about as many exceptions as your typical souls game.
>>
>>385946819
convert your video to webm you fag. and yes people do.
>>
>>385948459
I dunno. I started wondering about this so I actually booted up DaS2 (which I still have installed after 2 years for some reason) and I can't seem to replicate the OP. Is it because I'm playing SotFS?
>>
*unzips pants*

wow bean u are a big guy for me!!!
>>
>>385947030
All of the Souls games have awful PvP if you care about balance and depth, PvP should be cut off entirely in future Souls-like titles because it is just a cancerous tumour at this point, sucking features and game dev time away from the parts of the game that actually matter.
The concept of invasions was novel and amazing but at this point it's far too muddled by people trying to have "honour duels" who misdirect the dev's priorities. Invasions would need a serious overhaul to make them work as originally intended (ie: fun and unsupportive of a PvP metagame), so the simplest and possibly best course of action is to remove them entirely.
>>
>>385946819
people defend the unlimited healing in DS2 as well anon, if they started with 2 they will defend literally everything about it.
>>
>>385948459
He's standing behind the enemy, who is hitting the ground in front of him. Player still gets hit, that's not "in the path" of the hit.
>DaS2 having bad hitboxes is a meme.
>the rolling hitboxes don't function properly
>all grabs teleport the player into them from several feet away
>DaS2 having bad hitboxes is a meme.
There's still the fact that OP's video involves neither rolls nor grabs.
>>
>>385946819
It really is fucking dumb. This shit alone makes it the worst souls game ever, but autists will fly to its defense because it's the cool thing to do. Can you imagine if hit detection worked like this in a shooter? It would be the worst shooter of all time.
>>
>>385951405
>He's standing behind the enemy, who is hitting the ground in front of him
And to do that he has to lift the weapon over his head, hitting the area behind him, where the player is standing. Working as intended.
>>
>>385951450
well, good thing its not a shooter.
>>
>>385946819
Dark souls 2 apologists say a lot of stupid shit to be contrarian.
>>
>>385946819
Oh boy another of these shitty threads, not like atleast 2 more shitposting threads are currently up, can you go there.
>>
>>385951405
I kinda wonder if it's either something that happens a small percentage of the time then, since as said I tried to do that and even getting closer to where his hammer comes down doesn't get me hit. It's also possible that he was playing online.
>>
>>385951405
For starters note "There are about as many exceptions as your typical souls game" as is the case with mimics and the giants in giant memories and the spiders and this could be one such exception.
Secondly the enemy in the gif is winding up a swing behind himself so the player in the gif could be hit by the arc of the weapon going forward (or to the side I suppose). The problem with judging this is that the gif doesn't really have a good frame for the actual swing, going from windup to end result in about 2-3 frames.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.