[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: header.jpg (46KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
46KB, 460x215px
What went wrong?
>>
laziness mostly
>>
>>385940201

Pretty much this. The game just needed some polishing and better online performance/netplay.

They took forever working on fucking graphics as if anyone cared.
>>
>>385938581

Nothing, the game is great and better than all the other "survival" shit out there.
It has real depth and a simulation at it's core.
>>
Keeping the Arma engine. They now have to make a new engine, one that will power future Arma games aswell, so the gameplay isn't dogshit and has the same bugs as Arma 2.
>>
>>385941459
there was so many problems with the mod and overall clunkyness and youd think the standalone would fix it, nope same fucking engine with same problems
>>
>>385941223
shill.

DayZ is one of the worst survival games out there, even minecraft isn't as bad.
>>
>>385938581
DayZ is the best game in the genre, and by far provides the best experience. It may be a bit buggy but its making progress and it will be amazing by the time its done
>>
>>385942331
I still like the direction DayZ had for survival games. Why the FUCK did everyone decide base building was the shit and the way to go? Base building sucks ass.
>>
>>385941459
i've been waiting 4 years and I'd wait 4 years again just to play an Arma game on a modern engine
>>
>>385942756
base building is great for expressing creativity, killing time and finding use for otherwise useless items (all survival games eventually become easy so you need a timesink to keep playing since you no longer have to struggle to survive)

they also add a good PVP element, design your raid defenses and conquer enemy fortresses

the only problem is that they take a lot of time and effort to build and turn resource gathering into a grindfest

>>385942703
>it will be amazing by the time its done

been in development for like 5 years lol, it'll never be done.
>>
DayZ is my favorite game ever
>>
>>385938581

>boohoo the casuals can't handle permadeath so the game has mixed reviews
>meanwhile, in reality, the game has 100.000 positive reviews from people that enjoy a realistic survival experience with features that other games can't even dream of.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.