[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on this game's story

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

File: images.jpg (10KB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10KB, 299x168px
Redpill me on this game's story
>>
>>385936826
You Died
>>
>You're a hunter, m'kay?
>You need to hunt the werewolves
>The werewolves are the big threat
>You got that yet? Kill the beasts
>HAHA JUST KIDDING, HAVE BROCCOLI LOVECRAFT SHIT
>Oh, and read the items or something, because we can never figure out how to make good narrative flow into the actual gameplay
Pure kino.
>>
>>385936826
A long ass time ago, an ancient civilization started huffing the blood of beings existing on another plain of existence and got so high that they started transforming. The worlds began to merge and the remnants of this civilization were dragged into the Nightmare. One of these celestial beings, referred to as Great Ones, knocked up a queen but the baby died and now its soul persists in the Nightmare.

Way fucking later some guys venture into a labyrinth built by this civilization and discover Ebrietas, who is in all likelihood the fully matured version of Rom. Ebrietas' blood has crazy healing properties but also causes bad juju. The scholars who discover her have a disagreement over how to handle this shit. One wants to use eyes and the other wants to bring the blood to the people. The latter founds a church and gets very popular. Then the blood starts fucking people up, so the church founder gets his buddy Gherman to take care of this shit in secret. Gherman and his protege also slaughter a whole village which comes back to bite them when a NEET living inside his dead mummy's womb dooms all of civilization.
>>
>>385936826
I don't understand the dlc events and how they factor into the main plot.

Main plot goes something like berganwerth college discovers ancient tomb of a dead civilization, find some magic blood, do experiments on it because it has healing properties, there is a schism in the school and part of it founded the healing church which administered blood to citizens and conducted shady as fuck experiments behind the scenes. Something triggers the scourge so people who took the blood become monsters. Meanwhile berganwerth and the church are both in a race to contact the gods that left behind the blood. Your character is contracted by a god to hunt down a baby because reasons. I don't really fucking know what I'm talking about tbqhwyf.
>>
>>385936826
WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL! WHEEL!
>>
>>385937897
Wojack is basically what tips them off to the use of umbilical cords. It's likely what got us Rom, as well as dragging Mensis into the Nightmare.
>>
>>385936826
AYYYY LMAOOOOO

redpilled my dude
>>
>It was all a dream
>I used to read Word Up magazine
>Salt n' Pepa and Heavy D up in the limousine
>>
>>385936826
the basic stuff
>Byrgenwyrth wanted to ascend humanity
>Willem wants to use eyes, Laurance wants to use blood
>Byrgenwyrth and Church split
>Wilhem sends out Gehrman and Maria to look for eyes inside brains in the fishing hamlet because Kos' body is there
>Maria now sad and guilty and commits suicide
>Gehrman now sad and makes Doll(s)
>Laurence fucks around with blood and there are a few beasts, Gehrman kills them
>Church power grows because their blood cures anything
>Gehrman and Laurence beckon the Moon Presence
>MP takes Gehrman and makes him guide "chosen" hunters (Eileen, Djura, you) and gives him a living Doll because Gehrman is sad because Maira killed herself
>because MP was beckoned all the people in Old Yharnam with blood from the church turn into beasts
>Old Yharnam gets burned down by Powderkegs
>Church calls Powderkegs heretics and uses noble knightlike hunters like Ludwig
>you are chosen and have a contract with the Moon Presence and you should kill a baby great one

>>385937897
Fishing Hamlet massacre by Maria and Gehrman cursed all hunters for eternity by mother Kos. Thus blood addled hunters end up in the hunters nightmare (like Ludwig for example). Moon Presence causes the outbreak (a note with something like "when the red moon is near the line between man and beast is blurred" in byrgenwyrth iirc). Great ones often lose their children and yarn for surrogates. Maybe there being less great ones makes MP stronger, or maybe the motivations of great ones are not comprehendable for human beings.
>>
>>385936826
Shoddy "lovecraftian" story. Mysterious beings of greater power than anyone could imagine... Except they're all these tentaclemonsters that you can chop down.

It can be summarized like this:
>STORY: AYY BLOOD LMAO
>BOSSES: AYY REEEE LMAO
>WORLD DESIGN: AYY DARK LMAO also blood
>COMBAT: SMASH
>GRAPHICS: Literal fucking slide show
>>
>>385937715
>>385937897
>>385938634
Wrong
>>385938610
>>385938585
>>385937974
Right
>>
Funny how easily you can spot the PeeCucks :^)
>>
>>385938923
reddit
>>
>>385936826
It's a """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""Lovecraft""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" game where you can KILL the ANCIENT ELDRITCH HIGHER DIMENSIONAL BEINGS. AKA it's not a Lovecraft game at all but Soulsfags will worship it to the ends of the Earth. If BB was a real Lovecraft game your head would explode the second you see the first ayy lmao and the game would be over.
>>
>>385936826
spin2win
>>
>>385939152
>He doesn't know hunters ARE Lovecraftian entities
Try again, insightlet
>>
>>385938917
>>385939152
Obvious samefagotry
>>
>>385938634
Thanks dude. This breaks it down cleanly.

Question though. Why does the MP want Mergo dead? Also, what is the source of the scourge you're supposed to kill? There are some bath messengers that say "hunt the source of the scourge lest we all become beasts." Is this task ever accomplished? Or is MP considered the source of the scourge since its precense triggers it?

And if it does, isn't that counter productive to the task it sets the hunter to?
>>
File: no way fag.jpg (15KB, 353x104px) Image search: [Google]
no way fag.jpg
15KB, 353x104px
>>385939360
>There are TWO people shitting on my beloved faux Lovecraft game? It must be a samefag!
>>
>>385939354
You can play the whole game from start to finish without insight or consuming the umbilical cords and still kill countless ayy lmaos as a completely normal human.
>>
>>385939152
just because you dont understand the lore doesnt mean its bad sure u can kill these eldich monsters and that makes u badass dont u wanna b badass? ;)

>>385938917
the graphics are that way because of artistic reasons
>>
>>385939152
Eldritch horrors die in a ton of Lovecraft books, it's just that dying means something different for them than it does for us.

The same is true in Bloodborne, and you only kill them in the context of inside their own dreams.
>>
>>385936826
L O V E C R A F T
>>
>>385940079
this ppl dont understand its deep theres dreams n shit
>>
>>385939615
Laurance and MP both are the sources whatever you consider as the source. Laurence gave everyone dungeon blood, so without him MP probably had less effect, but without MP the blood probably would only be good. So either Laurence (or the source from wherever he has the blood from) or MP, as she causes the outbreak count at sources.
As I said I'm not entirely sure about the motivation of MP, maybe it makes her stronger, maybe some other thing.
If you chose the third ending the MP is dead so there most likely won't be any beast outbreaks anymore, but since you killed Rom, MP could turn all of Yharnam either into beasts or madmen (after killing Rom the few guys in the chapel, who didn't take any blood, that you saved start to go mad. Except for chapel dweller somehow).
I'm not sure but i thought the hunters task is only to kill baby mergo, I'm not sure about which message you talk about, regarding killing the source, but I think the message was left by some other human who desperatly wants the horror to end. There is also a message in Old Yharnam which says somerthing like "it had to be done" next to a charred hunter set, so probably the guy, who was part of the Old Yharnam burning, wrote it.
I think messages can also just be messages by other people and not another god given task.
>>
>healing church are cunts
>people don't realise they're being lied to
>people forget to shave
>tentacles
>ur a kid now ur a squid now
>>
The story takes second place to the subtext and the themes the game explores. To read a lore-breakdown or speculate heavily on the canon of the game, you miss the point a bit. The game is very much open to interpretation and the means in which Miyazaki writes the 'story' means there might not even be a set in stone timeline.
>>
I CANT KILL THE TWO FAT FUCKS INSIDE THE WELL IN HAMLET
I DIED TO THEM MORE THAN EVERY BOSS COMBINED
REEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>385941841
Shaman bone blade
>>
how many years is the recent backstory taking place over? Like the time between the blood being discovered to present day Yharnam. Has it only been like a hundred years?
>>
>>385938634
>>Gehrman and Laurence beckon the Moon Presence
>>because MP was beckoned all the people in Old Yharnam with blood from the church turn into beasts
Wait isn't it the Cult of Mensis that causes the beast outbreak by beckoning a god? I'm pretty certain that's confirmed by notes in the game and an interview I read with Miyazaki. Or were they two different out breaks caused by two different things?
>>
>>385939759
You gain insight whenever meeting and killing a boss
>>
>>385939759

Which happens in Lovecraft stories. Also you don't really kill them just like characters don't really kill entities in Lovecrats stories. When you consider stories that take place in teh Dreamlands too, (which this game's setting is so similar to) then "normal" humans do some pretty crazy things.

Also you're just wrong because killing the first bosses (two normal humans turned beasts not unlike fishmen who get killed with guns or migo who get killed with guns and by dogs) you get insight. When you enter new areas you get insight. You're just wrong on so many levels.
>>
>>385940947
Ah ok thanks for the info. Also, the message I am referring to is in the hunters dream, upper right corner behind the rune table (where you equip carryl runes).
>>
>>385941841

Hop in a chalice dungeon and nab yourself a shaman bone blade. Use it on one of the sharks as soon as you have an opening. Once you do, they'll just fight each other and one of them will die, allowing you to pick off the second one who will most likely be weakened from the fight with his buddy.
>>
>>385942508
I think a note in the lecture hall says that Laurence beckoned MP, Gehrman probably participated because he is now working under MP. Also Gehrman was really sad after Maria killed herself and great ones are said to be empathetic beings (some item description, I think of an umbilical cord) and its most likeky that she gave life to Doll (in exchange for Gehtman's work).
I think Mensis (tried to) beckon Mergo and all of them except Micolash burnt (not literally) their brains. By the ritual they created their own abominations in Yahargul (corspe filled chests, many eyed pigs, one reborn). There was the first beast outbreak (Old Yharnam) and the 2nd adter you've killed Rom.

>>385943114
Then I'd say the message is written by Gehrman, he knows the source and he wants it to end.
>>
>>385941841
Cheese it with a long weapon, the shark giants cross the line into bullshit territory. Head up to the ledge where the winter lantern is, then agro one and poke him when he lunges towards the wall. If he does hit you, he can't follow up with another attack so you always have a chance to heal.
>>
>>385943487
>There was the first beast outbreak (Old Yharnam) and the 2nd adter you've killed Rom.
That would make sense except I think the outbreak and the ritual actually started right at the beginning of the game when you first see everyone transforming. One of the first notes mentions this and mentions how Rom is hiding them for some reason, I can't say why. Maybe to protect people though since after Rom dies is when all the survivors start to go mad.
>>
>>385944152
>That would make sense except I think the outbreak and the ritual actually started right at the beginning of the game

The events in the game are some kind of cycle though, so there's no telling how much time has passed between the hunt actually starting for the first time and the player experiencing the start of the hunt. By the time the player reaches Yharnam, at least 3 other people have lived through the night of the hunt.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.