[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Old magazine thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 9

File: 1468528291100.jpg (1MB, 3347x1525px) Image search: [Google]
1468528291100.jpg
1MB, 3347x1525px
Old magazine thread
>>
>>385936107
Do they even make this magazine anymore and anything like EGM?
>>
File: ODM-001.jpg (786KB, 850x1148px) Image search: [Google]
ODM-001.jpg
786KB, 850x1148px
I think I probably spent more time playing and replaying the demo discs from Official Dreamcast Magazine than I spent playing full Dreamcast games.
>>
I remember Seanbaby's EGM articles. Man, it was just a more fun, rad time to be into video games.
>>
>>385936107
>tomb raider
>return to greatness
>they are talking about Angel of Darkness
Oh man. that's just heartbreaking in hindsight
>>
>>385936107
I miss these. I never had enough pocket money as a kid to buy these and my parents were tight as hell with cash so there were a rare treat when I got one. I'd read literally every page because I knew it would be ages till I got another one.
>>
>>385936284

In America the only ones left are Official Xbox and PC Gamer.

They're still doing quitecwell in the UK it seems.
>>
>tfw E3 booth babes are kill
>>
File: i am ready.gif (30KB, 281x276px) Image search: [Google]
i am ready.gif
30KB, 281x276px
>>385937652
I was in WHSmith today (UK's biggest newsagent/stationery chain) and there's still quite a lot of videogaming magazines.

They no longer get their own specific section on the shelves, though, they're kind of interspersed amongst the PC/Mac/Tech/Gadget publications.
>>
>>385937253
TRAoD had great level design, puzzles,interesting setting/story and music BUT it needed an extra year or two in the oven but Eidos fucked Core Design and rushed the game into completion, i played and finished the game for the first time in 2013 after the reboot left a bad taste in my mouth and enjoyed it immensely, the controls are shit and the stamina idea was annoying, the shooting felt like it was underdeveloped and because of that there were no dual hand guns, but IMO everything else was fantastic.
>>
>>385937883
Everything about E3 nowadays is less fun, it feels sterile
>>
>>385938381
Hasn't E3 become more of a business thing? Like it's less about gamers and more about demonstrating to shareholders what sequel you're going to release soon.
>>
>>385939150

Technically it was always that. They just keep scaling it back year after year, to the point where Nintendo doesn't even bother anymore.
>>
>>385939150
>Hasn't E3 become more of a business thing?
It was always a business thing from the beginning, then it got more and more showfloor-ish as the years went by.
>>
>>385936107
oh boy, i remember that issue on the right. good times...
>>
File: 9I4iqn1.jpg (2MB, 2400x3130px) Image search: [Google]
9I4iqn1.jpg
2MB, 2400x3130px
>>385939427
>>
File: Keira as a santa girl.jpg (308KB, 925x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Keira as a santa girl.jpg
308KB, 925x1200px
Never got this one, but if I had, it'd probably be crusty as fuck because I know I'd have fapped to it repeatedly.
>>
File: 1490118644263.jpg (195KB, 850x1133px) Image search: [Google]
1490118644263.jpg
195KB, 850x1133px
>>385936284
>tfw you knew the new issue of EGM was waiting for you in the mail box when you got home after school

Literally the height of games journalism. Never took themselves seriously and yet put in more effort into their work than any click bait opinion piece you see nowadays. They still had some golden moments even when print mags were fading away and they had to move to 1up. Even made lets play videos before they were even a thing. You literally can't get away with this kind of humor anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mae89m9QZtY
>>
>>385936107
GamePro scans here

http://retrocdn.net/Category:GamePro_(US)_scans
>>
This Swedish computer magazine literally had centerfolds
>>
>>385939610
>Forget lara croft, Chun-li is who you love anyway
Fuck that, I fap to whoever I want and is neither of them.
>>
File: valkyrie-wilde.jpg (101KB, 593x294px) Image search: [Google]
valkyrie-wilde.jpg
101KB, 593x294px
>The april fool's edition of PSM where they advertised a game where you play as a fully nude valkyrie

I still treasure my copy of it. What a great magazine.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.