[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Horizon Zero Dawn is a very fun videogame.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 10

Horizon Zero Dawn is a very fun videogame.
>>
I started it last night.

It's good, better than I was thinking.
>>
>>385925861
I watched a friend play a little bit of the intro and it looked like it was gonna be Saboteur all over again with a two hour long introduction shitpile.

How long is kid Aloy?
>>
>>385927569
>I watched
Opinion immediately and irrevocably discarded.

But yeah, I went in expecting a 6/10 and ended up fucking loving it. 9.5/10 easily, and on the short list for GOTY.
>>
>>385925861

Yeh its solid.
>>
>>385926138
I burned out when I reached the desert.
>quests are scan something and follow the trail
>story is stronk womyn Aloy and zero white males
>combat is tedious as fuck with melee being next to useless and "stealth"
>>
>>385929956
>combat is tedious as fuck with melee being next to useless and "stealth"
So incredibly wrong.
Call me when you've killed a single thunderjaw, stormbird, or rockbreaker
>>
Nah its shite
>>
>>385930109
Are you saying melee is viable vs those enemies? What.
>>
>>385929687
why is it a 9.5/10? only the boss battles and graphics are good. all human quests, combat, and stealth are 0/10 garbage and the level design is randomly generated bullshit
>>
>fight more than 2 enemies
>get gangbanged during kill animations
woooooooow
>>
Sony knows how to make great games.
>>
>>385930247
no, I'm saying the combat isn't even remotely "tedious" and that stealth is one of the most useful aspects to it. Getting the first strike and setting up traps and shit without being detected is critical to success

Melee is only really useful on smaller foes. It kinda makes sense considering you are a girl and you are fighting gigantic killing machine monsters
>>
Been playing the fuck out of this for the past week. The melee can be frustratingly weak, but using it to get criticals or override is useful if you time things right.

Some of the quests are a little repetitive, but the context around each is at least interesting enough - the characters introduced are usually entertaining.

The story is fun, and I just finished getting every collectible last night. The lore in the collectibles adds a nice extra bit of meat to the world and lore.

I'd say at least a 9/10, though I do fucking hate Glinthawks and Stormbirds
>>
>>385930571
That sounds tedious as fuck, my man.
>>
>>385930389
Stop trying to kill with critical hits. They don't even do that much damage. Use arrows against enemy weak points to hurt them / disable their attacks and sling bombs or set up quick wire traps at the enemy's feet. You can do it in slow motion if you aim while sliding or jumping

>>385930734
>sounds tedious
It's not, my dude. By all means, go in guns-blazing, but be prepared to either lose a lot of health or use up a lot of ammo then
>>
>it's a watered down Far Cry/Assassin's Creed
>gets 9s and 10s because exclusive and cultural marxism
>>
>>385929956
I tend to use melee mostly because using bow sucks in this game. I kill things with few melee blows, playing with the 'ultimate' difficulty or whatever it was called.

It's entertaining game, just like Assassin's Creed games. i.e. it's made for normies.
>>
>>385931716
>>it's a watered down Far Cry/Assassin's Creed
It's like a Far Cry 4 with better
>art style
>weapons and weapon variety
>enemies and enemy variety
>environments and environment variety
>combat mechanics
>story
>side quests
>vehicles/mounts and mounted combat
>music and sound effects

The only thing it doesn't have is grass that lights on fire and a wingsuit.
>>
Played it for a while and it's trash. Character movement is atrocious and trying to kill anything without stealth is incredibly retarded, but the game forces you to do it anyway. Can say shit about the story because I haven't progressed too much, seems generic so far.
>>
I wish it had rape. I'm kind of bored of video games having the same shit every time, especially a game like this.
>open world with no replay value
>nothing to do but follow a shitty story

Add some fucking rape. The gameplay potential for rape mechanics can lead to some good variety in a post apocalyptic game.
>>
>>385930109
I take it you don't enjoy the opinions of others? Grow up, bucko.
>>
>>385934154
Just look at them with your focus for a second. The weak parts that you're supposed to shoot glow bright orange for like 10 seconds after you stop scanning them. It's not that hard. Your arrows only do nothing if you hit an armor plate.

>>385933052
Melee is most fun until you get your first clutch sliding-slo-mo tripcaster kill, or perfectly range a sling bomb so it hits a fast-moving enemy and makes them stumble. Shoot a tearblast arrow into a group of bandits who're standing back as you stealth kill the guy they sent to investigate your hiding spot, then kill them all while they're knocked out from the arrow. Or perfectly shoot an enemy ostrich thing in the power cell with a shock arrow and watch the explosion stun it and every machine around it for 15 seconds. Hell, you can just shock & blow up a power cell that's on the ground waiting for you to pick it up. Just throw a rock to attract enemies around it and they'll all get stunned
>>
>>385935023
Holy shit, did not know you could detonate the ones on the ground. Don't know why I never tried it
>>
>>385925861
It is, It goes a bit too far with the pandering but well, It's current year.
>>
>>385925861
Enjoyed it

But I don't feel it has any replayability
>>
>>385936375
>I don't feel it has any replayability
Aside from replaying to kill dinobots with other strategies, no, It hasn't.
>>
File: 1475790493757.gif (133KB, 275x225px) Image search: [Google]
1475790493757.gif
133KB, 275x225px
The game takes place on a post-apocalypse society that thrive on tribal trivia and one of the powerhouses happens to be controlled by women who apparently does everything wrong and Aloy fucking hates her own tribe for being cunts with their dumb laws.

Name 1 (ONE) moment/scene that portrays her as a strong woman stereotype.
>>
>>385936375
Its highly replayable when you are hunting for machine parts and shards to buy adept equipment in ultra hard mode, and then hunting more machines to get top tier purple mods to use in that equipment. You feel compelled to make a version of each weapon modded for best use of each of its ammo types / elemental attacks
>>
>>385936741
Alloy*
>>
It's really good braphically but it's just your typical ubisoft-tier openworld, except you kill mecha dinosaurs but it becomes repetitive pretty fast like stop every 2 feet to pick up shit on the ground, craft whenever you're lacking ammunation, shoot ennemies weak points, rinse and repeat and the story is not exceptionally good.
>>
File: stormbringer.jpg (211KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
stormbringer.jpg
211KB, 1920x1080px
>>385925861
beat it and platinumed. Game is gorgeous, and there's always something interesting going on. The dino fights feel really good, plus this game utilizes the controller features really well(speaker,light, and rumble).

I only wish there was more enemy variety, but the dlc seems to be adding corrupted robotic
bears so that's whats getting me hyped.
>>
>>385937435
>ubisoft-tier openworld
When will this meme die? It's nothing like Ubisoft games.
>>
>>385937570
>I only wish there was more enemy variety
I think there are enough robot variants, human enemies not so much, but well, you're gonna be fighting bots most of the time so.
>>
>>385937743
It is hough, you even have the towers and shit except this time they are moving dinosaurs
>>
>>385925861
Yeah. I like it. It's not exceptional but it's a good game.
>>
Is there a Horizon-kun I've never heard of because it looks like he's in this thread
>>
>>385936741
Anon pls, Alloha is like a dirty version of Jesus Christ, she alone btfo everything and everyone in that world. That's not the worse part, after all she is the MC so Mary Sue was expected, the worst part is that most men in that world are either idiots or evil morons, while women and traps are the good an capable ones.
And don't forget about muslim woman scientist and shit, I know the game is sci-fi but come on.
>>
>>385937960
There are 5-6 Dino/Towers in the entire game, don't pretend this is AC or Far Cry.
>>
>>385938420
Dude it's the same fucking formula, giant towers, shitty sidequests, crappy collectibles everywhere that makes everything feels like a fucking chore. Thing's a giant fucking checklist more than anything.
>>
>>385930478
*Fund great games, you mean.

They know how to treat their development studios. Just compare Dark Souls 2 and 3 (as managed by Bamco) to Bloodborne and Demon's Souls (as managed by Sony). It's like night and day.
>>
>>385938283
Nah it's just shills like with almost every AAA game
>>
>>385938619
Side quests are more like The Witcher ones
Very few collectibles, again, this is not Ubisoft tier
Checklist, nah, doing only side and main quests you're making more than 90% of the game content.
>>
>>385938619
You dont have to do any of the collectables ever unless you need your gay trophies, and you dont have to even do any sidequests either. Only a few of the hunters lodge trials must be done to unlock superior weapon versions, and the hunters lodge sidequest series to unlock the tearblaster weapon. Everything else is just for XP, random drops and fun.
>>
File: hannah-hoekstra.jpg (337KB, 578x750px) Image search: [Google]
hannah-hoekstra.jpg
337KB, 578x750px
>>385938773
Stay mad or buy a PS4 boy.
>>
>>385939215
LOL LOOKS LIKE A MAN DUDE
>>
>>385938873
Well, there aren't too many collectibles that contribute to trophies/in game rewards (and you can get maps that show where all of them are)

But there are around 100 very easily missible datapoints that just add minor lore.
>>
>>385937570
shill posting HRZD daily these threads are just shills and false flags no one legit play this trash
>>
>>385937123
>>385936565
Finished the game long before the NG/UltraHard patch

Still don't feel that compelled to replay.

The loot progression just doesn't offer enough visual stimulus to make me wanna play it again and grind for crazy rare mods. I think the best mod I had was a tri stat mod with 50% damage, 15% handling and maybe some elemental?

Horizon 2 needs more armor/weapon customizations and visuals. You could essentially buy everything when you hit Meridian, with only the shield weaver and shadow Carja left for anything to look forward to.

Looking forward to the DLC but I know it will just be another one playthrough for me
>>
>>385925861
MacDonalds is a very delicious meal.
>>
I also enjoy eating glass.
>>
>>385939338
>datapoints
Well, I never search for them, If I stumble upon some I read it and that is, like in a Resident Evil game and the such. Those are not collectibles to me, just lore bits.
>>
File: 1499380075075.jpg (316KB, 673x680px) Image search: [Google]
1499380075075.jpg
316KB, 673x680px
>>385939320
>Being a faggot
>>
>>385939452
Well, foe a first entry is pretty good, also it's the first sandbox from Guerrilla, we will see how they improve thing for Horizon 2.
>>
>>385939452
NG+ adds "adept" weapons and armors, which have an additional mod slot. This means you can finally wear the sexy fire armor all the time and have it be effective all-around, if you get good enough mods for its 3 slots. And ultra hard makes weapons weaker, meaning you need to get better and rarer mods to have them compare to the same weapons on lower difficulties, even with 4 slots. Enemy AI is much more aggressive too.

Maybe this replayability is best felt from going straight from your first playthrough to ultra hard NG+ as I did, but I found it to be immensely replayable
>>
>>385938873
>doing only side and main quests you're making more than 90% of the game content.
No fucking joke, "if you put all the main quest and the side quest you have 90% of the game", what's your next discovery ? earth revolves around the sun ? the sky is blue ?
It doesn't change the fact that those sidequest are crappy "go there follow scent/steps kill ennemy" type of quest.
Quests like the witcher you say ? as much as this board loves to shit on TW3 some side quests are actually legit good because they have their own scenario and they're not just some kill x or shitty fetch quest.
Few collectibles, who cares, they are in the game that's just it i don't care how much.
Look this game is a copy paste in terms of open world mechanics of what we've seen in the past god knows how many years, and with some heavy ubisoft inspiration.
>>
Far Cry 3 was a great game.
>>
>>385939495
Double Quarter Pounder with cheese and fries is no joke anon.
>>
>>385925861
I agree, it's Ubisoft's best PS4 game.
>>
>>385938283

Yep. There was one pre-release who would bitch about Zelda constantly and cry about the awful cutscene videos that were being passed around, while writing multi paragraph posts about how every facet of the game was mind blowing. A lot like this guy, though I don't remember Horizon-kun's exact posting style.
>>
File: Old Yeller.webm (3MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
Old Yeller.webm
3MB, 853x480px
I enjoyed the game but it certainly had it's issues. only a couple of the quest lines were very interesting and those that were were far too short.
>>
File: Anal Hazing.jpg (133KB, 943x720px) Image search: [Google]
Anal Hazing.jpg
133KB, 943x720px
>>385940203
>Claims the game is full of filler shit like Ubishit ones
>Prove he is wrong
>I-It has a couple of collectables, It's shit
>>
>>385940685
I think that's him >>385941052
>>
>>385941052
You proved nobody wrong and you completely fucking missed the point, this game is a ubisoft tier open world that's fucking it.
>>
File: 1498131708532.jpg (59KB, 400x624px) Image search: [Google]
1498131708532.jpg
59KB, 400x624px
>>385941139
>Horizon thread
>Nuintendogs in full frenzy
Every time
>>
>>385941284
>this game is a ubisoft tier open world that's fucking it.
Well memed my friend
>>
>>385925861
It's not and you know it.
>>
>>385940025
>Enemy AI
Enemy AI is fucking atrocious on any difficulty.

>>385940753
>853x480
Hmmm...
>>
>>385941494
"Hmmm" what?
Is there something special about that resolution?
>>
The shills seem to be going full force on this thread jesus
>>
It is a fun game. I haven't finished it yet but it's very good for a game that is in a fundamentally very stale genre. Certainly the best open world game I've played in a long while.
>>
>>385941284
I dont see what the big deal is.
Some of the ubisoft open world games were pretty great. Far Cry 3 and Assassins Creed 2 and 4 for example
>>
>>385943029
My point was that the open world genre in generall has really been overused in the past few years, like i said the towers and such. The problem though is that horizon just takes those sames mechanics and elements and put them into a game, it makes the entire game feel completely uninspired. Some people say it's just far cry primal with mecha dinosaurs, they're not right but they're not entirely wrong, so to summarize, this game just feels like a mishmash of every open world game seen in the past few years, except it looks good. It doesn't try enough to be it's own thing
>>
Really enjoyed this game. Considering playing again
>>
>>385944076
>Some people say it's just far cry primal with mecha dinosaurs, they're not right but they're not entirely wrong
You're making no sense
Nobody would say that and mean it
>>
>>385944669
They really do
>>
>>385944836
Well, in that case, those people are either idiots or misinformed
>>
>>385944627
Same.

I think I'll buy the DLC along with Yakuza this month and use that as a opportunity to replay it.
>>
>>385944627
Tried to replay it but the beginning feels pretty slow the second time.

>>385945113
Yakuza 0 is amazing. Can really recommend.
>>
>>385944938
That's why i said they're not right, but not entirely wrong either because the game open world aspects have lots of similarity
>>
>>385945113
the DLC has no set release date yet. Just sometime before 2018

>>385944836
Horizon has a massive focus on shooting weak points and using different ammo types / salvaged technology to exploit weaknesses in enemies that are much like roaming bosses you would fight in other games. I don't really see that in Far Cry Primal. And does Far Cry Primal have a Witcher-esque quest system?
>>
>>385945953
Nobody thinks that
You're making people up to make some argument that you think makes sense
>>
>>385945294
>Yakuza 0 is amazing. Can really recommend.

I know because I already played it. Was talking about Kiwami dude.
>>
>>385946270
Oh right. I thought that was months away, still. Thanks for reminding me.
>>
>>385946237
>Nobody thinks that
Says who, you ?
>>
the game is so much better when you turn off as much of the HUD as possible. The only things you should keep on are enemy status effects and damage numbers. You can temporarily bring up stuff like the compass by touching the touchpad for a hot second
>>
>>385946481
You're the one who said these people exists so the burden of proof is on you
>>
>>385937435
>It's really good braphically

What did you mean by this?
>>
File: ravager cannon.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
ravager cannon.webm
3MB, 640x360px
I had fun with it
>>
shit game that only gets praise for being a sony exclusive
>>
File: 52363572347.jpg (485KB, 816x708px) Image search: [Google]
52363572347.jpg
485KB, 816x708px
>>385942136
Your shill game has to be strong when your protag looks like this.
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.