[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Games so good that make other titles feel meh

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

File: 1501037740067.jpg (84KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1501037740067.jpg
84KB, 700x700px
BotW ruined me Horizon Zero Dawn
>>
>>385921872
Horizon Zero Dawn made me unable to enjoy Breath of the Wi--
Fuck, I can't say it even in jest.
>>
Replaying the Megaman games prior to 9's release took the air out of its sails, I wound up wanting another one like 7 or 8 instead.
>>
Bloodborne made Breath of the wild feel like SHIT
>>
After I played Tetris, I just couldn't pick up dark souls anymore
>>
OP reeks of underage
>>
Splatoon and Puyo Puyo Tetris ruined me. I only voot my PC if I'll use discord. Haven't played a single PC game in the past 3 weeks or so...
>>
File: 1426288024579.jpg (39KB, 640x464px) Image search: [Google]
1426288024579.jpg
39KB, 640x464px
>>385921948
>>
File: 1480267011172.gif (282KB, 384x528px) Image search: [Google]
1480267011172.gif
282KB, 384x528px
>>385921872
Demons and Dark souls ruined almost every game for me

Including its sequels

BOTW is one of the worst zeldas
>>
>>385921872
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 on the PS1 absolutely ruined BotW for me
>>
Silent hill 1-3 made almost all other horror games made ever since obsolete and laughable
>>
>>385923547
rip onion bro ;_;
>>
I enjoyed both Horizon and BotW because theyre not similar at all
>>
>>385921872
BotW ruined itself for me. I didn't even start HZD until yesterday but I've had BotW since launch.
>>
>>385922141
Bloodborne made it impossible for me to enjoy Dark Souls, especially after the Lord Vessel.
>>
>>385921872
I love Botw, but for everything I can praise in it, I find two more things to complain about.

Maybe I'm just not an open world person. Why the fuck did they make EVERY DAMN LYNEL SILVER
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
>>385921872
L4D1 made me hate L4D2 because 1 shits on 2. Sometimes less is more.
>>
File: IMG_9071.png (215KB, 960x724px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9071.png
215KB, 960x724px
Does anyone else feel like BotW misses depth in all departments? The combat mechanics are barren and all encounters defined by dodging to flurry rush. Enemy variety is non-existent, the same creatures residing across the map with slight changes to the formula depending on surroundings. Cooking barely gives you any advantage over enemies except for recepes which replinish health and give you extra hearts.
>>
File: 1501233979675.jpg (61KB, 394x534px) Image search: [Google]
1501233979675.jpg
61KB, 394x534px
>>385922141
>>
>>385926106
No there's plenty of people that have problems with it. Only the biggest casuals think its the greatest thing ever, but they're also the majority.
>>
>>385925750
Level scaling
>>
>>385921872
Any 1080p game ruined Nintendo for me.
>>
I'm not sure what games exactly ruined it for me but I've developed this urge to just play games completely out of order for a long time. Super Metroid maybe. I don't know. Whenever I step out into a game with some degree of freedom I always try to do things in the absolute opposite order you're supposed to do them in. When I got Demon's Souls after Dragon God I made sure I finished off Boletaria and Allant then I went for the Valley of Defilement. In Dragon's Dogma as soon as I got to Gran Soren I just trekked out into the wilds and fought all the high level enemies including the drake, got my dragon forged gear ect all while I should have been running around doing main quest shit. In Dark Souls I actually never went to undead burg on my first playthough until after I got the lord vessel. I just wondered around, grabbing items and dying, getting a feel for the land, finding secrets looking around and it was genuinely the most fun I've ever had with the series. In BotW I just went straight to Ganon because fuck Kakariko and the plot, fuck all those dungeons and areas, I went straight to the castle and beat my head against that wall for an hour until I won, seriously I beat the game like two hours after picking it up. Witcher 3, as soon as I got out of Vizima I went straight for Novigard, fuck velen, but oh you need a pass, wait you can just swim across the river, then I went to skellige and fought enemies 10 levels higher than I was and nearly everything killed me in one hit, but because I could do it, and that's not how they intended me to do that's exactly how I played it.

Now anytime I put up a linear game and I have a voice telling me where to go I immediately hate the game. I can't stand it when a game wants me to walk from scripted set piece to scripted set piece I immediately and viscerally reject the entire game. If I can't played the game "wrong" I don't want to play it. That desire for player freedom really has ruined games for me.
>>
>>385926106
Honestly other than the impressive size of the world and the climbing mechanic integration I thought BoTW was pretty meh overall. Nothing about the game particularly stood out and there was so much "down time" that it started becoming a slog near the end. I beat the game and didn't even step foot in 3-4 of the zones.
>>
>>385921872
>>385921948
This is some poor ass bait, even reddit can make better troll threads than this
>>
>>385928409
Then again there are games like Skyrim where there is no "wrong" way to go and all options are equally valid, that shit is even worse. I hate that even more than I hate the linear scripted ones. If everything just scales to your current level it all feels totally artificial. The progression curve is fucked and nothing you find feels significant because as soon as you level up everything new you encounter will also be better. It is the absolute worst of both worlds.

I guess what I really hate is baby proofing. I hate a game that tries to be fair and safe and never lets you get in over your head. What I want is to get in over my head because when I'm in over my head that's when shit gets interesting. Sneaking around in areas I'm not supposed to be, picking up items I'm not supposed to get yet, finding clever ways to break the game and kill things I'm not supposed to be able to kill that shit is exciting. Doing what I'm supposed to and what the developer intended me to do that is just unbearably dull.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.