[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Undertale?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (21KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
21KB, 1280x720px
You know what, /v/? This game is pretty good.

I'm not saying it's like the BEST GAME EVAR like how people clamor it to be, but unlike other games out there people have rabid fanbases over, I can actually see why people enjoy this one.

It does something different for RPGs and it puts fun above being a long game. There are a bunch of permutations that exist just to see what the characters would do in different situations, and the battle system is unique.

So, /v/, is it just the hype this game has garnered that makes you hate it, or what is it?
>>
>>385919785
The game itself is pretty good, it's original.

But the fanbase is DISGUTING, mlp shit tier.
>>
>>385919785
>like a normal person i kill everything
>WOAH YOU ARE SO HORRIBLE

What the fuck was that? It's a video game, of course I'm going to kill everything. The game was stupid as fuck.
>>
File: hide thread.png (2KB, 133x91px) Image search: [Google]
hide thread.png
2KB, 133x91px
>>
>>385919949
Genocide route is a legit route,though.

You just have to commit to killing EVERYTHING to get it
>>
>It does something different for RPGs

What does it do differently?

>Sparing monsters

Shin Megami Tensei

>Multiple Endings

Plenty of games

>Wacky Humor

Paper Mario, Earthbound

(You)
>>
>>385919949
>like a normal person I kill everything
You need to get that checked out anon
>>
>>385920890
But undertale it's the only game that reunite all this features
>>
Undertale is a good game, fanbase is cancer.

/v/ had a few good threads upon initial release.
>>
>>385921796
The only time the fanbase was good was the Stepmania pack. Other than that, it's pure cancer.
>>
>>385921721
There are plenty of games that does this like SMT.
>>
>>385919949
>the game constantly tells you not to
>killing things is purposefully boring compared to sparing
>hurr how was I supposed to know?
>>
>>385922194
Undertale is funny though.
>>
>>385922194
But don't have a quirk humour or bullet hell fight mechanics
>>
>>385919785
YOU GUYS WANNA TALK ABOUT QUICK TIME EVENT!?
>>
>>385919785
l like Undertale just fine but honestly it feels more like VN with a minigame rather than an RPG. Its good like a Phoenix Wright game is goo.
>>
File: thishitsme.jpg (153KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
thishitsme.jpg
153KB, 400x240px
>>385922368
>>385922370
I find SMT funny...
>>
>>385920890
The way you imply recruiting in SMT is like sparing in Undertale is kinda just as bullshit as when SMT fans say recruiting is like capturing a pokemon.
It abstracts the system beyond the actual procedures for engaging with the system, the results of those procedures, and your ultimate goal for doing it in the first place. At which point, the system is unrecognizable in exchange for being trivially similar a bunch of other ones.
Also DQ did it first.
>>
>>385919785
Eat shit, I fell for the meme and tried this game and it was boring as fuck. I stopped playing at Metatron.
>>
>>385919785
>gravity manipulation
>alternate timeline awareness
>bone magic

broken as fuck
>>
File: maxresdefault (3).jpg (163KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (3).jpg
163KB, 1920x1080px
>>385922975
You called?
>>
>>385920890
Game actually reacts to you killing everything
If you do know any other examples please tell me
>>
>>385922975
Thats a Shin Megami Tensei demon.
>>
You're blue now
>>
This thread sucks
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.