[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Final Fantasy XII

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: 457465768768768.jpg (191KB, 1680x778px) Image search: [Google]
457465768768768.jpg
191KB, 1680x778px
>Zodiac age is too easy
Are any of you doing a Weak mode playthrough, though?
>>
It's hard if you try to tackle content that's above your level too early (which is pretty easy to do since the game unlocks a lot of late-game content before you're ready).
>>
TZA is as easy as you want it to be.

It's like going on the internet and bragging about how easy the high road was on the crash remaster when all you did was run the ropes
>>
>>385918645
This

>he googled most OP class combinations instead of using classes based on the character
>he grinded seitengrats
>he autoleveled with jellies in the henne mines
>he looked up all the maps and grinded chests to get OP gear
>WooooOooOooow this game is so easy!
>>
>>385918290
Is 122333 still possible to do?
>>
>>385918817
Again this, it's easy when you know the game or have overpowered setups, weapons and shit but without that the game can be fairly challenging, not exceptionnaly hard but a challenge nonetheless
>>
>>385918817
You missed a couple

>he grinded dustia
>he used gear he aquire from trial mode

>>385918847
I think weak mode makes everyone level 1
>>
>>385918847
Yup it's called weak mode you can't level up at all, you unlock it by beating the triial mode
>>
I've seen multiple "Zodiac Age is too easy" posts - have they really made the game easier compared to the original?
I'm playing it right now and I'm not noticing any differences in difficulty between the original and this one
>>
>>385919048
Nah the game is a bit easier than original but most of the "too easy" posts are like explained here >>385918817
>>
>>385919108
So pretty much what was already possible in the original?
I remember grinding a little bit early on when first playing it on the PS2 but even then it didn't feel overly easy or anything.

What did they change though in relation to the difficulty? You say "a bit easier", got any examples?
>>
>>385919274
The most important part is that compared to the original, characters can now be specialized in specific roles through the job system and actually be better at it which makes the game even easier if you add a second job to that
>>
>>385919274
>What did they change though in relation to the difficulty?
A lot of equipment got their stats cranked up for the Zodiac versions and some gained additional protective effects. The lack of effect capacity also makes spellcasting a lot stronger since you're not getting stabbed to death waiting for shit like Ardor or Renew to go off. Also a major difference in that the original licence board of vanilla XII had 5 magic and battle lores, while in Zodiac age the maximum is 16. People downplay the effect of stats over attack/spell power but it makes a big difference.
>>
>>385919274

The license board was far bigger in the original, which means each stat boost was smaller, but they still cost the same.

Because of this, you get stronger much faster in IZJS/ZA, and ZA added the second job on top of that which makes you twice as strong as intended without scaling the enemies to compensate.

They also removed the damage cap, making stuff like quickenings obscenely strong at endgame.
>>
File: 1496957248471.gif (206KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1496957248471.gif
206KB, 500x281px
>Complaining about the difficulty in a Job-based FF

The fun of these games is finding ways to break them.
Satisfaction comes from messing around with the systems, not challenge.
>>
>>385921812
Was IZJS all that breakable, job-wise though?
>>
>>385921812
Dumb weeb
>>
>>385921812

Autism.

There is no fun if you aren't challenged to the limits of your abilities.
>>
>>385921623

Not twice as strong, nodes are shared so you become more versatile, it doesn't mean if you double up on magic classes or str classes that you get double the magic and str nodes.
>>
File: 1389288369379.jpg (114KB, 814x981px) Image search: [Google]
1389288369379.jpg
114KB, 814x981px
Weak mode should be an option from the start and have an achievement for completing it. After doing everything in the game I don't feel like starting over on a weak mode save.. I'll probably come back to it later, I'm burned out right now.
>>
>>385918894
Some of the last optional fights are genuinely hard if you're playing blind. Fucking Zodiark for example.
>>
>>385919048
It's not easier but due to having access to dual jobs you can create "combos" that make you stronger.
>>
Beat gilgamesh last night, thses late game hunts are getting pretty gud.
Also why is exodus so fucking op? Espers were never hitting this hard before right?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.