[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: destiny_1.jpg (318KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
destiny_1.jpg
318KB, 1920x1080px
What went wrong?
>>
>>385913587
Corporate greed
>>
>>385913587
Management.
>>
>>385913587
They developed for last gen they would probably still cut out large portions of the game and them dlc but at least it would have been bigger and maybe looked better
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (58KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
58KB, 1280x720px
>>385913587
Bungie separated from Microsoft because they feared MS would destroy their next project, forcing them to copy/paste the same boring garbage year after year. They teamed up with Activision only for their project to be warped almost beyond recognition, to the point where multiple employees took a stand against the changes. All of these employees either left the company or were fired. Destiny is now a pathetic shell of it's former self and Bungie has no one to blame but themselves. When you strike a deal with the devil, you get burned.
>>
>>385913587
If the game had launched how it was originally intended to launch, with the game ending with the TTK at launch, which means we would have also had Crota's Raid as well, it'd have been alright.

Them cutting out over half the game to sell it back to us as DLC was a dick move. Also scrapping the writers work and firing and illegally stripping Marty of shares was a dick move. Good thing he won his legal suit against them completely.
>>
File: 1501557113147.jpg (77KB, 363x334px) Image search: [Google]
1501557113147.jpg
77KB, 363x334px
>>385917880
>Them cutting out over half the game to sell it back to us as DLC
>they're doing it again
THEY CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT
>>
>>385915862
>>385916830
These. I loved the mechanics in the game but you can tell they were going for Marathon and ended up with CoD by reading the Grimoire. It was the most interesting part of the game, collecting those tidbits of lore, the calcified fragments basically mapped out the history of the Hive in such a great way. D2 will be more of the same because all the real talent left when Activision destroyed their dream.
>>
>>385918441
It sucks how they're dropping the grimoire for Destiny 2
>>
Reading about it, Bungie's workflow was an absolute disaster due to the ancient engine they were working on or some shit.

In order to edit a map, they had to spend 24 hours just opening the file beforehand.

I think that had a lot to do with the lack of steady content flow and reused maps.
>>
>>385918506
They're dumbing it down even more. They're ditching it because they don;t have writers of that caliber to continue it on.
>>
big wigs scrapped original and told lead writer / co-founder to fuck off
big wigs say salvage and fractured bungie piece together game
content cut and put into dlc to pay big wigs and incompetent newfags (maybe cut lead composer for some more too)
>>
>>385916830
>Bungie separated from Microsoft because they feared MS would destroy their next project, forcing them to copy/paste the same boring garbage year after year

It never ceases to amaze me how dumb Microsoft can be. All they had to do was tell bungie they could sometimes make games that weren't halo, and bungie would have stayed and they'd have had Destiny as an xbone exclusive. Game likely would be filled with less jewery under them as well
>>
>>385913587
I still want to see the original supercut.
>>
Bungie
>>
File: 1496925211875.jpg (21KB, 476x391px) Image search: [Google]
1496925211875.jpg
21KB, 476x391px
>>385916830
>>385919795
>MS-backed Destiny
>Halo 4 & 5 is completely different or removed from existence
>no janky MCC launch and maybe PC down the line
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.