[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When does it get bad?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 9

File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (470KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
470KB, 1920x1280px
When does it get bad?
>>
When you start doing missions
>>
>>385913297
It never really does. It's pretty well paced and the ending is 90% satisfying. The final boss fight could have been harder.
>>
>>385913297
The moment you put the disc in
>>
File: CGSCwco0-1280[1].jpg (89KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
CGSCwco0-1280[1].jpg
89KB, 1280x720px
Her cheeks are very puffy.
>>
>>385913297
It doesn't.
>>
>>385913532
But this is /v/...that's unheard of.
>>
>>385913297
when you own a Nintendo Switchâ„¢
>>
>>385913607
Actually BotW didn't really click with me. I haven't played it in a good while.

Depending on how it goes I could get more into this. Right now the potential is there.
>>
>>385913439
*pinches cheeks*
>>
Sad someone with such a cute personality as Aloy gets squandered on a face with some significant issues.
>>
Ehh, i made it like half way and couldnt be bothered anymore. I just didnt care about the story. Looks real pretty tho
>>
File: Samus.png (93KB, 216x219px) Image search: [Google]
Samus.png
93KB, 216x219px
>>385913439
I bet I can think of another part of her that's pretty puffy.
>>
>>385913297
When you become an angry virgin who has flashbacks of highschool every time you see a female
>>
>>385913607
>giant empty field: the game
>good
It somehow managed to be even worse than fucking skyward sword. I wish Nintendo would just sell all their IPs
>>
>>385913372
I really thought the final boss was going to be the Hades core in control of a Titan, but it just ended up being yet another Deathbringer, and a couple waves of regular robots. Truth be told, I actually found the backstory about the Faro plague, and the race to get Zero Dawn completed way more interesting than the actual plot of the game.
>>
>>385913297
When you first load it. Seriously it was nothing that the Farcry series hasn't done and done better.
>>
Anytime gameplay isn't happening except for when you are tomb raiding with Sylens.
>>
File: 1484552264709.jpg (102KB, 391x435px) Image search: [Google]
1484552264709.jpg
102KB, 391x435px
>>385913297
As soon as you get to Meridian, honestly. That whole city is such a fucking let-down. Was bored of the game after I got there
>>
>>385915650
Her hair?
>>
>>385915906
But I liked Skyward Sword.
>>
>>385913297
Everything about this game is just cheesy and cringe.
>>
>>385913297
OK, /v/, tell me about this game. What's the gameplay like? What is there to do aside from killing huge robots soc-style? I heard it's open world. Is there a lot of shit to do in it, or is it just there because every game has to have an open world these days?
Right now I'm thinking about buying two games. I'm definitely buying Gravity Rush 2, and not sure about the second one. Was thinking about one of PS4 atelier games, but I might buy this instead if it sounds fun
>>
File: Aloy.png (429KB, 534x406px) Image search: [Google]
Aloy.png
429KB, 534x406px
>>385916296
Well not quite, anon. She might have hair there too, however!
>>
It's most analogous to FarCry Primal but with robots.

You roam a large open world and use things like bows and arrows or electric tripwires to fight large robotic animals. You gather supplies by either finding them in the wild or scavenging them off fallen enemies. You can craft your own equipment or trade for better stuff. The skill tree actually feels useful too (like the slow-motion aiming that you can do by jumping).

The story is pretty good (at least as far as I've gotten), about a girl forced to live in exile because of tribal culture. There's more to it than that but that's the gist of it.
>>
>>385913297
When you buy it
>>
>>385916794
>>385916714
How long will it take me to finish the main story?
How long will it take me to finish every side quest (if there are such)?
>>
>>385916859
About two weeks ago-ish. I just started it last night, though.
>>
>>385916910
I heard it's about 40 hours altogether. Maybe a little less if you don't do any sidequests.
>>
>>385916430
ALMOST EVERY PART OF THE GAME IS MEDIOCRE TO SHIT EXCEPT FOR THE PARTS WHEN YOU KILL ROBOTS AND UNCOVER WHAT HAPPENED TO EARTH. KILLING ROBOTS IS FUCKING FUN AND THEY GIVE YOU LOTS OF TOOLS TO DO IT. SYLENS IS THE ONLY GOOD CHARACTER. SOMETIMES ALOY IS GOOD BUT MOSTLY JUST BLAND

10/10 MONSTER KILLING 4/10 EVERYTHING ELSE.

THIS IS THE ONLY OBJECTIVE TRUTH.
>>
>>385916430
>What is there to do aside from killing huge robots soc-style?
Nothing worth mentioning really. Granted, I personally thought it was worth the 40 bucks I paid for it for the dinos(and to a lesser extent the story) alone.

All the optional stuff is your standard "follow the magic trail" or "go to this out-of-the-way corner of the map to fetch some meaningless token that increases your completion percentage."
>>
>>385913297

Tasks are pretty boring, but story quests, main side quests and caldurons are hella fun

>>385915962

i'm sure we will face a titan at the very end of the saga when we will have to take down Sylens in a cinematographical and shadow of the colossusesque sequence

Also, yep, learning about how the world ended up was truly satisfying. Kudos to their environmental narrative.
>>
>>385913297
From the second you start it.
>playing games with ugly ass tranny MCs, SJW pandering and shitty ubisoft rip off gameplay
>>
>>385916430
This completely >>385917096. The only excellent thing in this game is fighting the huge dino-robots and nothing comes even comes close to good except the story after you meet Sylens.

>I heard it's open world. Is there a lot of shit to do in it
No. There's only about fucking three quests that are out on the road. There's no mini-games, just absolutely nothing. Side-quests are just awful as well. Ever play Witcher 3? Well 98% of the side-missions are Witcher 3's "see the tracks/smell in the air and follow it" bullshit. If there was an example of Empty Open World, this game would the prime definition of it. Landscape is very, very beautiful though.
>>
>>385913297
It got pretty boring to me after leaving the first open world area. Every icon on the map felt like a checklist that my autism can't leave behind.
>>
>>385915906
>worse than fucking skyward sword
Stop forcing the Zelda cycle.
>>
>>385915906
lol get the fuck out of here you delusional faggot. i bet you haven't played either game but you shit on it for the sake of consolefaggotry
>>
File: horizonzerodawn_2017038k5v.jpg (583KB, 1280x547px) Image search: [Google]
horizonzerodawn_2017038k5v.jpg
583KB, 1280x547px
It's fucking amazing. Outside the Nintendo-sponsored echochamber that is /v/, the game is unanimously praised as the best new IP of this generation, a worthy GotY contender and a masterclass in open world games.
>>
>>385920507
(You)
>>
>>385913297
The final boss was rehashed shit and it could use some colossal machines and weapon variety, but otherwise it's solid 8/10 in my opinion.
>>
>>385913297
after like 100 hours and once you get all the best weapon / armor mods it starts to get kinda boring. Until you start up the new ULTRA HARD mode that is!
>>
File: mounted combat.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
mounted combat.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>385917096
you spend like like 2/3rds of the gameplay killing robots though, especially if you're trying to get better mods for your gear. Also the graphics and sound design certainly aren't mediocre

The game deserves its 89 metascore, maybe even a full 90
>>
>>385922461
she's really good at riding a mechanical bull
>>
>>385922461
Nice webm.
>>
>>385922461
How hard is it to kill those flying things? I hate fighting flying enemies from the ground because they have all the advantage.
>>
>>385924916
it's usually pretty fucking hard because they swoop all over you from every direction while having a ton of HP and dropping / shooting tons of ice-bombs on you that leave a lingering cold AOE that drains your HP. To make things worse they will frequently appear out of nowhere to cut up and make scrap out of other machines you've killed (which means they take all the loot from the corpses and turn it into worthless metal blocks). Sometimes they will even pick up the bodies and fly off with them.

Fortunately they are very weak to fire arrows and will come crashing down to earth if you ignite them. They will take off again but will only have like 25% health left. If you fight them while riding a mount, they are much much easier because they miss all their ice bombs and swoops at you and you get free slo-mo for the first 1 second after you start to aim while riding, which is good because they are normally quite hard to hit. It also makes them fly lower to the ground so they can keep up with your mount
>>
>>385925410
Dodge rolling all the terrestrial robots is pretty easy. Even the Sawtooth isn't that problematic if you can bait it to charging at you from a different angle then dodge the other direction.

Aloy's dodge roll is probably one of the best I've seen in a game.
>>
File: sawtooth headbutt.webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
sawtooth headbutt.webm
3MB, 800x450px
>>385925892
yeah I love fighting sawtooths with just the spear and just rolling under their trampling claws. I mean it's just iframes but it looks badass

ravagers are fun to fight like that too but they are a lot harder.

Fuck shell walkers. Fucking hermit crab electro-bomb spamming cunts. If you don't cut off their hands they make everything so goddamn difficult
>>
>>385913297
immediately
it gets better after the prologue though
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.