[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post games to which /v/ overreacted in how bad they are supposedly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: Fallout_3_cover_art.png (2MB, 1000x1240px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout_3_cover_art.png
2MB, 1000x1240px
Post games to which /v/ overreacted in how bad they are supposedly
>>
>>385912896
Why don't you start
>>
>>385912896
Why did you post something that normies over react to because they never played the prequels?
>>
>>385913221
fuck off something something new vegas
>>
>>385912896

It's an average game only when compared to the absolute dogshit that is Fallout 4.

I don't think I'll ever forgive Bethesda for fucking up the IP as bad as they have. Zero internal consistency and attention to detail. It's a real fucken shame. The setting had massive potential. The 2015 Mad Max game was more Fallout than what any bethsoft title has been.
>>
Nah, Fo3 deserves all the shit it's getting and more. It's one of the worst RPG's I've ever played.
>>
>>385913640
>t. Witchercuck
>>
>>385912896
Horizon: Zero Dawn
Watch_Dogs 2
Literally any game ever
>>
>>385913685
Not really. As much as I enjoy TW games for their atmosphere, I'd hardly even call them RPG's, much less good ones.
>>
>>385913524
The IP was literally dead before Bethesda revived it. Primarily because it was a shit IP. Fallout lore is trash so I really don't understand why autists vave such a shitfit about Bethesda making it more interesting in terms of setting.
>>
>>385915431
>the lore was shit
F1 lore was god tier. It was F2 that had retarded reddit tier pop culture lore
>>
File: nuclear_explosion.jpg (23KB, 500x399px) Image search: [Google]
nuclear_explosion.jpg
23KB, 500x399px
>>385912896
I honestly like Fallout 3 and New Vegas the same but for different reasons.

Fallout 3 has the best world and level design and makes exploration a lot more interesting, and the first half of the main story when you are exploring the wasteland looking for your father is great.

New Vegas is better at roleplaying and gives you a lot more options on how to tackle quests and the lore and characters are a LOT better. but the exploration aspect is really lackluster
>>
>>385912896
>muh atmosphere

Fuck you
>>
File: autist.jpg (10KB, 613x247px) Image search: [Google]
autist.jpg
10KB, 613x247px
FNV > Fo2 > Fo3 > Fo1 > Fo4

This ranking is objective.
>>
>>385917916
>f01 after f03

yeah nah
>>
File: Woody.png (100KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Woody.png
100KB, 640x480px
>>385917065
>it's funny therefore its reddit
The other games take themselves too seriously, while Fo2 just had fun with it. That's what made Fo2 so great
>>
>>385917956
I think Fo1 is a more consistently enjoyable experience, but it's not a game you'll ever play more than once if you own Fo2. Fo3 at least has some pretty good dlc and good exploration.
>>
>>385918074
>Operation Anchorage
>Good
>Mothership Zeta
>Good
>Broken Steel
>Good
>Bulletsponge Swamp
>Good
The Pitt was alright
>>
>>385918184
I still like Operation Anchorage and Broken Steel.

I do agree that Point Lookout is massively overrated.
>>
>>385918184
I played through Fallout 3 for the first time last week after playing Fallout 1. I had a decent time with it, exploring and blowing up heads in VATS. Finished the main quest in 16 hours, then tried the first DLC (Anchorage). It was so shit I rushed through it and dropped the game to go straight to try NV. Who thought it would be a good idea to focus on one of the worst part of FO3, the gunplay.
>>
>>385913278
Nah, /v/ overpraises NV because it is slightly less shit than 3, like how Thief 3 became "good" the instant Thiaf was even worse.
>>
>>385918615
>literally Lebbit: the opinion
>>
>>385918258
>let have a cod on snowy mountain with our worst than shit gunplay and sell it as dlc
No
>>
>>385919654
I just like dlcs that try to do something other than "themed explorable area". O.A. was at least unique in trying to offer some insight into the Great War with a very linear experience, which I liked. It wasn't much different from Lonesome Road (favorite NV dlc) from a gameplay standpoint, though the latter wins in lore.

I know everyone hates on O.A., I get that it's purely a shooter based section in what is otherwise supposed to be an rpg. I still think it's interesting for doing that.
>>
>>385917986
Fuck off you Wild Wasteland motherfucker. Fallout 1 was humorous too but it was more juxtaposed with the shitty wasteland. That dark humor is 100x better than whatever the hell Fallout 2 was going for with its wackiness.
>>
File: Deadslags.png (34KB, 302x240px) Image search: [Google]
Deadslags.png
34KB, 302x240px
>>385920103
Right, because Fallout 2 never got dark.
>>
>>385917986
This looks shut from Borderlands. Totally unfunny, quippy shiy
>>
>>385921278
>get sent to find a missing ghoul
>search The Den, where he was last known to be headed
>not one person has seen or heard from him, not even the barkeeps
>only place left to check is the mystic's house
>finally pay the $25 I couldn't spare in the beginning of the game to see the mummy
>the mummy turns out to be the ghoul I'm searching for, shrieks, and picks up his coffin and runs away.
No single quest has given me so much joy out of such a simple but brilliant design.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.