[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: things nobody used

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4

File: 6L3urc2.png (271KB, 546x338px) Image search: [Google]
6L3urc2.png
271KB, 546x338px
ITT: things nobody used
>>
OP's penis
>>
>>385910552
Did anyone use anything other than Combat Shotgun, Super Shotgun, and Gauss Cannon? I mean apart from rune challenges and stuff.
>>
My love
>>
I used it. The alt fire was fun. If anything I switched weapons constantly mid fight.
>>
Itt Games nobody played
>>
>>385910661
>Combat shotgun
Completely invalidated by the SSG

Chaingun/Super Shotgun/Gauss Cannon
>>
>>385910751
When you max out the combat shotgun in Single Player, it's really fucking good.
>>
>>385910661
>Super Shotgun, and Gauss Cannon
Pretty much.
The turret mode needle gun was fun too with the infinite ammo rune.
>>
>>385910552
Fully upgraded micro missiles plus rich get richer is the most fun combination in the entire game.
>>
>>385910661
I used a bit of everything
>>
itt garbage games designed for millenials and the underage
>>
Plasma gun is pretty mandatory for the higher difficulties and the rocket launcher with the detonating missiles was also great. Didn't use the automatic weapons too much unless I got a quad damage powerup.
>>
>>385911245
The Lock on was the way to go for the missile launcher, once fully upgraded you could shoot four rockets per lock on.
>>
>>385911245
>Plasma gun is pretty mandatory for the higher difficulties
Huh? I finished the game on the second hardest difficulty (before the permadeath one), and I managed just fine without plasma.
Of course, not that I didn't use it at all, I used everything a bit, when I was getting low on ammo. But at no point plasma felt mandatory.
>>
OFFICIAL GUN MOD RANKING
>God tier
Gauss Cannon siege mode
Maxed out super shotgun
Combat shotgun explosive shot
>top tier
HAR micro missiles
Chaingun mobile turret
>meh tier
Everything else
>shit tier
the plasma rifle in general
>>
>>385911387
You use it on the Hell Guards boss fight?
>>
>>385911463
>not using the Gauss cannon
>>
Shotgun for general damage output, crowd control of imps and grenades.
Plasma gun to stun enemies and open them up for combos or simply take the heat out of battle for a moment.
Super shotgun for painful close-distance shots to the face.
Gauss canon for high damage headshots.
Rocket launcher to put damage on enemies while focusing on other threats, thanks to target lock on.
Mini Gun to shred big guys apart.
Chainsaw to refill ammo if needed.
BFG only when I got myself in trouble OR to finish off an awesome fight with a bang.

I used most of the weapons.
>>
>>385911442
The plasma rifle is useful in boss fights
>>
>>385911114
BOTW?
>>
>>385911463
What for? I just ploughed through the entire game with mostly SSG and Gauss.
>>
>>385911518
By the time you fight the first boss (Cybie), you should already have the superior Gauss cannon.
>>
>>385911510
Waste of ammo for the stun, I use all weapons according to the situation. Mostly Super Shot.
>>
AR scope is dope, great for picking off a couple imps before they close the distance and come to kiss the double barrels
>>
>>385911573
>worrying about ammo
>not having the rich get richer rune
>not having said rune maxed out my the time to reach the Hell Guards
>not dancing around attacks and never losing armor while unleashing Gauss death upon the hordes of Hell
Ishygddt
>>
>>385910661
I used everything because I kept forgetting that Q brought up the weapon wheel. So I kept using the mousewheel.
Though it was kinda fun making due with whatever popped up in a hectic situation.
>>
File: HellGuard.jpg (93KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
HellGuard.jpg
93KB, 1280x720px
>>385911567
Not the cyber demon dingus, the hell guard. It helps conserve ammo, when breaking their shield.
>>
>>385911552
>Not wanting variety
>>385911695
When You're doing a new play through....
>>
>>385911981
Which leads me to >>385911695
>>
>>385912065
Not all kinds of variety is good.
SSG and Gauss were the two most satisfying weapons to use in the entire game.
What worth is a variety forced by using other, less enjoyable weapons?
>>
>>385912079
this >>385912065
It can be tedious, when you start a new play through to max everything out, &I have other shit to do.
>>
>>385912065
Everything I mentioned can be some on the first playthrough. You just need exploration and skill.
>>
>>385912167
>Not being able to find enjoyment in other weapons.
Sucks to suck.
>>
>>385912065
>there are people on /v/ right now who didn't 100% the game on their first playthrough on Nightmare
>>
>>385912184
>skill
It takes no skill, & I have maxed out everything, multiplayer included. It's just time consuming, & most really aren't going to bother.
>>
>>385912227
>having the need to look for enjoyment in the first place
You're literally advocating MUH DIVERSITY for the sake of it right nit.
>>
>>385912272
No, I did. I just don't agree with your point of view. I've also maxed out Multiplayer, & maintain a 3.50 kdr.
>>
>>385912289
>>385912176
Literally git gud, I finished Doom 100% on my first playthrough in the middle of college midterms, and I only failed one of them.
>>385912272
This
>>
>>385912325
Weapons in a game, are different than racial diversity. There's something fun in all the weapons.
>>
>>385912371
this >>385912289 dumb ass
>>
>>385912393
And some weapons are more fun than the others. So fun you don't want to use the other weapons as long as you're not out of ammo.
>>
>>385912371
I guarantee I'm better than you.
>>
I really liked the mini missiles of the heavy assault rifle. Just love the sound they make.
>>
>>385911114
hearthstone?
>>
>>385912443
Fun is an opinion, for someone supposedly in college you're not bright.
>>
File: Caesar.png (71KB, 482x428px) Image search: [Google]
Caesar.png
71KB, 482x428px
>>385912371
>failing even one mid-term
>>
File: 11.png (388KB, 600x689px) Image search: [Google]
11.png
388KB, 600x689px
>>385910552
It was pretty great.
Combat Shotgun - HMG - Plasma Gun - Rocket Launcher had some amazingly good dynamics between them. Not surprising since it's essentially the loadout from Doom 1. It's a shame they're all completely fucking invalidated by their replacements.

The game with those four weapons, regular weapon switching speed, mod switching speed a bit faster than upgraded, and all your mods which all their upgrades purchased baring the one you unlock with challenges would be possibly the best FPS combat we'd ever fucking get but the mandatory upgrade system had to come ruin that.
>>
>>385912530
I think you're getting tired from all of your shitposting and confusing me with someone else.
>>
>>385910751

I've had the SSG for a while and the combat shotgun with fully upgraded grenade attachment is pretty good to the point I'm still maining it. I'm on Ultra-violence though. The SSG is good when you want to shoot something big at close range, it's lack of crowd clearance at range is kind of annoying though, plus even with the upgrade it still loads kind of slow for when you're in the thick of it.
I try to use all the weapons and they all have their merits in combat, except maybe the pistol.
>>
>>385910661
Super Shotgun and Rocket Launcher were all I needed on UV.
>Gauss Cannon
>weapon that slows you down when you use it
Fuck that.
>>
>>385912814
>plus even with the upgrade it still loads kind of slow for when you're in the thick of it.
Bullshit, it both has higher burst damage and sustained dps than the combat shotgun.
>lack of crowd clearance at range
If they are away from you you use the Gauss Cannon, if they are close you use Super Shotgun. Those two weapons are really just broken and there isn't much need to use any of the other weapons due to how much power those two weapons pack.
>>
>>385912852
Who cares if you get slowed down if literally everything in your line of sight gets decimated in a single shot? It's literally better than the BFG, with only the mancubus being able to survive being instakilled by it's blast.
>>
>>385912476
All the more reason you should be able to do it with nothing but Gauss and rich and richer
>>385912583
Research papers are hard.
>>
>>385913250
Barons take two siege shots, too
>>
Was it just me or was the turret mode on the chaingun horribly inefficient? I mean sure it looked cool to have 3 gatling barrels all spewing bullets but it ate through ammo like a fuck compared to the pre-spin mod
>>
>>385913503
Turret mode is good without upgrades while the spin mod is better when it's fully upgraded.
Not having to wait for the barrel to spin is why everyone picks turret mode however.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.