[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So all memeing aside i was looking at playing this game. How

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 9

So all memeing aside i was looking at playing this game. How did you guys like it?

Are there any mods around for it?
>>
i'm playing it now and liking it so far
it's taken a long time just looking for secret areas and looting prague
>>
Other than turning off object markers, other stuff you would recommend changing in the ui?
>>
>>385906931
>it's taken a long time just looking for secret areas and looting prague
This, holy shit. I just explored Prague before starting the first mission and it took me like twenty hours. Downside is, once you've explored everything and just going through main quests, the game feels boring and empty.
>>
>>385906803
Got bored of it after like the first 3 missions. Don't really know why I played the shit out of HR
>>
What DLC is worth getting?

Also anyone played ng+? Any fun, or better of just starting a new game?
>>
>>385906803
Mods, heh you funny kid. No modern AAA game has mods.
>>
Augment your preorder
>>
>>385908663
Yeah yeah SE are retards, we know. Good thing they where forced to abandon that then.
>>
>>385908424
same
HR is my shit but Mankind Divided never clicked with me
>>
File: dexfags btfo.webm (2MB, 580x234px) Image search: [Google]
dexfags btfo.webm
2MB, 580x234px
>>385906803
It's fantastic. Take some time to really look at the environments. There is some brilliant design at work here. I think that the mobility options hinder gameplay and problem solving somewhat.

Get remote hacking and ignore stealth if you want the game to play well. I cannot stress this enough. Get remote hacking. Do not use stealth, it cheapens the game.
>>
>>385907272
The design of Prague is REALLY not gameplay oriented. The game is mostly visual and as such you literally cannot play most of the side missions with no objective markers. Trust me, I tried, the environments are much more convoluted than the first game. You can balance this out by handicapping other powers.
>>
>>385906803
Nothing wrong with the gameplay itself, but the story is terribly uninteresting.
>>
>>385908609
Both DLCs are worth playing unless you are a poorfag. I loved Breach but I'm likely in the minority judging by my leaderboard times. Breach has a lot of gameplay scenarios that re straight out of Metroid Prime, even some mountain range sniping. You don't need to spend a cent, the trick is to "send challenges" to people to get special upgrade points for free.
>>
>>385909549
By ignore stealth i am assuming you mean invisibility? Not sure why you would play this as a shooter and not a stealth game.
>>
>>385909765
It's not a stealth game if you are using the invisibility cloak. It seriously removes all the tension, skill, planning, and destroys the level design. It's as bad as REFLEX mode in MGSV. You should literally only have Stealth if you are going for certain trophies or something. If you cannot enjoy or play the game the way I am describing then we won't find any common ground and )in my opinion) you might as well not play it at all. If you play it with no stealth the level design shines.
>>
Just downloaded Deus Ex GOTY, should I install any patches/mods? Running it on windows 10.
>>
>>385910141
Ehm, i'm guessing english is not your first language, but you might want to read through what you write before posting. You are a bit confusing here.
>>
File: 1498078624287.jpg (162KB, 960x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1498078624287.jpg
162KB, 960x1024px
>>385910324
You dumb fucking nigger.
Uninstall the fucking game. You are better off watching a video of someone who understand how the fucking game functions.
>>
It wasn't fun
>>
It has modern annoyances like cutscene takedowns or "glue back to cover" button, but it's way better than anyone expected it to be.
>>
>>385910549
Getting angry because you can't formulate an understandable sentence. How nice.
>>
>on release people shit on the game for "being rushed" and "feeling lik3 it ended halfway through"
>check average time to beat
>14 hours main mission, 30 for main and subs
you people are way too spoiled
>>
Story missions are an absolute letdown aside from Golem City which is actually the highlight of the game but clearly originally intended as a hub. The game was being too ambitious with a much larger setting.

The side missions and general exploration of Prague is great The core gameplay is stronger than Human Revolution but everything else is flat.
>>
>>385906803
takes everything I didn't like about human revolution and either removed it or improved upon it vastly, but the social enhancer kind of makes
dialogue easy to abuse.
I miss the globe trotting from the other games, but Prague is such an incredibly well designed hub world it works out.
the whole I still think the whole trans-humanism theme is kind of silly, but I think cybernetic prosthetics are too cool to not have a game focused around them
it's also a game worthy of have the 0451 code in it too
>>
File: deus ex.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
deus ex.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
good screenshot material
>>
File: 337000_20170704151532_1.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
337000_20170704151532_1.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>385911940
>>
>>385906803
If you enjoyed Human Revolution, you will enjoy Mankind Divided.
However, there are a few things to keep in mind. Only one hub, it has fairly big sections though.
Fairly short, or at least it seems that way, you'll understand when you play it.
A lot of the charm that you see in the first Deus Ex game is pretty much absent like in Human Revolution, but it's still much better than Invisible War.

It's not as good as Human Revolution, but it's still good and worth buying.
>>
File: 337000_20170709194818_1.png (927KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
337000_20170709194818_1.png
927KB, 1920x1080px
>>385912170
>>
File: DXMD Talos Rucker.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
DXMD Talos Rucker.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>385911940
and webms
>>
>>385906803
It was better than HR and if you explore thoroughly the two games, they're about the same size, don't listen to people calling it "half a game" just because the story isn't self-contained.

But it's just more HR without the "wow I expected it to be complete shit but it's actually decent" effect so you can get bored of Jensen's adventures more quickly.
>>
>>385906803
The gameplay is the same as HR but the story was butchered. Decent/10
>>
File: defibrillator.webm (1MB, 1280x540px) Image search: [Google]
defibrillator.webm
1MB, 1280x540px
>>385912291
>>
>>385906803
I never asked for this.
>>
>>385911297
It honestly feels like half or even 1/3rd of a game.
>>
So in a "moral" playthrough or whatever you might want to call it. Who would you say is fine to kill, and who should you just knock out?
>>
>>385914621
How so? I know it doesn't finish up Adams story, but it felt complete enough outside of that.
>>
The game has a horrible tendency to end just as it starts getting good. The first 2/3rds are very slow, and gameplay is very thinly spread. There are very few opportunities to really use your augments, or get into fights or sneak into compounds.

>>385914621
It takes about as long to finish as HR but there's a lot less content and a lot more padding. There's so much more >walk to place >talk to dude >walk to other place >talk to dude and so much less >unravel global conspiracy > infiltrate military blacksite > discover what it means to be human

>>385914645
It's not dishonoured; the game doesn't care.
However, I always killed mobsters and the terrorists at the end, and incapacitated guards and the dudes at golem city.
>>
>>385910141
> It's not a stealth game if you are using the invisibility cloak
>you should only use stealth when going for trophies
You do mean to say "invisibility cloak" every time you say "stealth", right.

>>385910549
Lol, you really are a fucking idiot.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.