[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Secret World Legends

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: SecretJewLegends.jpg (138KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
SecretJewLegends.jpg
138KB, 1280x720px
What's /v/'s opinion about this?

It went full "free" to play yesterday, it has tons of P2W bullshit but as long as i can play the story (which seems pretty interesting) without problems i don't care at the moment.
>>
File: 2017-07-24-20-53-46.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-24-20-53-46.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>385902534
It's too cash-shop oriented imo but they made the combat better, it's still quite bad but not atrocious anymore and the enemies die quicker.
Same got-tier atmosphere and quests/characters/writing.

I played TSW and now I'm level 30 on the third map on SWL and I don't see any real problem that could prevent you from enjoying the story.
The most infuriating thing for me is the inventory. It's small, adding slots is expensive and the daily rewards fill it fast.
>>
>>385904449
>the inventory

Well, new players have only ONE character slot, so if you want to enjoy the other factions or classes, you are pretty much fucked, and the prices they ask for everything are beyond insane, but whatever, i'm going to uninstall when i finish all quests, i'm not interested in the end game grind.
>>
>>385902534
>no loot
dropped
>>
>>385902534
>make cute character
>picked the wrong class because I didn't knew they fucked up rifles
>no will to make a new character because my current one is too cute.
>>
Combat is interesting but fuck me every single player I run into has some Deviantart tier character that pisses me off to no end. OC THE EDGELORD DO NOT STEEL sort of thing, with freaky haircolors and lots of leather. I don't play many MMOs, is this common?
>>
>>385902534
I stopped playing a couple weeks ago when I hit the level cap and finished the story where it stop you before the Venetian Agenda dlc.
The main story isn't finished yet, there's barely any content outside of the dungeons and elite, so there was no reason for me to keep playing so I jumped on the FFXIV train.
>>
>>385905862
What NPC are you talking about? As long as the game is fun and i don't have to deal with that for the entire duration, i don't usually care much.
>>
>>385906115
Reading comprehension.
>>
>>385906165
Not having enough sleep and having to read a sentence full of meme words that makes no sense doesn't really help my famalam
>>
>>385902534
I have never seen people lose interest in a mmorpg so fast. /vg/ thread died in a matter of days.
>>
>>385902534

Are they going to add any new content to the original or did they just abandon it?
>>
>>385906891
>to the original
The original has been completely replaced by this one buddy.
>>
Ia the combat less horrendous?
>>
Worth playing just for the quests and writing alone. By far the most engaging and immersive MMO I've played, even if the combat and mechanics are mostly like most other MMOs. Fun leveling system too.
>>
>>385907161

Well thats a kick in the dick.
>>
>>385908389
Not him but there is a way to still have access from what i've heard.

https://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?99263-WARNING-Do-not-patch-TSW-right-now

This is all i could find, it think you need to have an account on their website and you can play the original outside of Steam.
>>
File: 1463270399178.jpg (657KB, 600x936px) Image search: [Google]
1463270399178.jpg
657KB, 600x936px
>>385902534
what's the best faction?
i want to use gun btw
>>
p2w trash that has no redeeming value beyond the story missions

someone got monkey's paw'd hard
>>
>>385902534
legitimately the second best writing in video games
some bosses are really neat
investigation missions are rad even though I'm way too dumb for them

rest is poop
>>
The original TSW became a ghost town the day they announced TSL so you're not missing much. Everyone still playing was only dragging along hoping that they'd announce some kind of new content--nobody expected them to relaunch the game, and I think a fair number said "fuck that" and didn't come for the complete character reset. I'm not much invested in it myself although I'll see whether or not funcom manages to put out Season 2 around December like their roadmap claims; i'm not hopeful.
>>
>>385909437
>writing
Only in investigation missions.
>>
games decent enough if you dont care about the gear treadmill

oh boy if you do though
>>
File: 1485541328945.jpg (20KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1485541328945.jpg
20KB, 600x600px
>>385909298
help me guys?
>>
>>385910061
Templars.
>>
why play this?
didn't you hear GW2 is getting a new expansion?
Isn't that great!
>>
>>385910125
Who?
>>
>>385910151
haha :)
>>
>>385910061
Dragons are bullshit
Illuminati are big corps
Templars are Deus Vult
>>
>removed nearly all character face customization
>can't fix female ayylmao look

very funny Fuckcom
>>
>>385904449
>It's too cash-shop oriented imo

It's literally the same as before or rather as the legacy version is. Character levels were a mistake though.
>>
>>385909470
>The original TSW became a ghost town the day they announced TSL
Funny, because there's like 8 people right now in Agathe in SWL while TSW's Agathe right now has like 80 people.
>>
>>385902534
What do I get if I bought the game back then ?
>>
>>385905125
I had a legacy character I linked which got me 2 extra slots.
>>
>>385902534
What do I get if I owned the game before?
>>
>>385912115
Yeah, I was wondering that too. My brother bought whatever the complete edition was called for both of us towards the start of the year but we haven't had time to play together yet. We didn't know that there was going to be this change at all.
>>
>>385902534
So If I care only about the story will I enjoy this or are the restrictions too detrimental to the experience?
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.