[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What am I in for? Which version should I play?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: FF4_Logo.png (31KB, 475x454px) Image search: [Google]
FF4_Logo.png
31KB, 475x454px
What am I in for?

Which version should I play?
>>
File: Rydia TAY.png (62KB, 405x447px) Image search: [Google]
Rydia TAY.png
62KB, 405x447px
>>385902523
DS is the hardest, PSP has the most content. You're in for one of the best FFs ever made, I'd say play the PSP version to get your feet wet and experience all the game has to offer than play the DS for an actual challenge.
>>
I think I was recommended the GBA version in one of these threads.
>>
What's the deal with The After Years? Is it worth playing if I already beat the original game?
>>
>>385904698
It's fun, not as good but fun. If IV is a 9/10 in my book TAY is a 7.5
>>
>>385904698
No.
>>
>>385902523
Play the PSP version, then if you're up for a challenge try the DS version next.

>>385904698
Shitty phone cashgrab sequel where you go through the exact same events as the original game.
>>
>>385902594
What is the difference between DS and Phone version? are they same? and what about afteryears on phone? is it worth it or better to emulate psp version?
>>
What ever you do, please play what ever version has the original graphics, not the horrible remake in 3D.

THEN you can try the nu-versions.
>>
I am playing it now, just before the final dungeon, doing sidequests, and honestly it bores me to tears. I've started with Tactics and VIII on PSOne
back in school days and IX is my favourite but I can't play old classic FFs. They lack something that was in the PS1 era games. Locations and characters feel so unmemorable. VI and V might be exceptions, I haven't played them in ages.
>>
>>385904698
Story wise after years is fucking awful, with only a few good parts. However, it's a decent time killer if you're looking to just have a game where you level up 10 billion characters, most of whom are worthless. I like the idea of chapters that come together and pool resources, if only that was used on a good game.
>>
>>385907535

They're pretty much the same thing but the DS has an extra summon that you can customize and power up through minigames.
>>
>>385909786
Got it, thank you very much
>>
>>385902523
>OMG X character fucking died!
>LOL just kidding he's fine!
Repeat 6 times.
>>
>>385902523
I'm partial to the Advance version.I'm not sure if PSP has the bonus epic moon dungeons.Which would be terrible because they're very fun and give you sweet gear.
>>
>>385902523
You are in for one of the worse FF games ever made. Play V or VI instead, they are infinitely better.
But if you really must, play PSP version.
>>
If it wasn't for Lightning coming in XIII, Cecil and Maria would probably be the worst FF protags.
>>
File: FjRm6GM.png (560KB, 840x346px) Image search: [Google]
FjRm6GM.png
560KB, 840x346px
>>385902523
PSP sprites look so much better than low poly DS shit.

Play PSP version
>>
>>385902523
PSP
>>
>>385914976
But that voice acting though...
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.