[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why does everyone want to be a stealthy archer edgelord? did

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

why does everyone want to be a stealthy archer edgelord?

did LOTR films ruin RPGs?
>>
>>385901293

I like the idea of being a sniper, of being precise. I also prefer guns over medieval weaponry though. So inevitably in RPGs I end up going with things that are as close to a precise sniper as I can get. And that's pretty much that faggot on your post.
>>
Why do tryhards always want to be wizard bad@sses of minmax cast Armageddon by level 10?

Did LOTR movies ruin RPGs?
>>
>>385901293
Because in a lot of RPGs the combat system is so barebones that this is the only kind of challenge there is.
Take Skyrim for example.
As an archer you at least have to move your reticle over the enemy before clicking, which isn't much but more than what you have to do as a mage or fighter.
>>
File: 1379018729426.jpg (13KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
1379018729426.jpg
13KB, 160x160px
>>385901293
but i want to be the megumin with that stupid skill that deals 9999dmg and uses all your MP
>>
>>385901293
It's technically MMOs having the archer the auto-attack DPS class. It gives players the satisfaction on giving the most DPS with minimal skills to learn
>>
I like bows.
>>
File: 1500713389610.jpg (129KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1500713389610.jpg
129KB, 700x700px
Battle mage for life.
>>
>>385901293
Are you talking about skyrim?
Because it was OP as fuck there
>>
>>385901293
Usually it's because Archer classes are badly balanced.
They do as much, if not more damage then melee dps with literally none of the risk.
>>
>>385901293
Cause melee sucks Skyrim wise
>>
>>385901293
>edgelord

Why edgelord? How?
>>
File: stealth archer.png (1MB, 800x3176px) Image search: [Google]
stealth archer.png
1MB, 800x3176px
>stealth archer
>>
>>385904506
I did just fine dual wielding daggers.
Righty was enchanted with paralysis, and Lefty was enchanted with the soul steal bullshit, so neither ever ran out of juice.
>>
File: expl.jpg (5KB, 215x60px) Image search: [Google]
expl.jpg
5KB, 215x60px
>>385901619
>>
>>385901293
it's the most efficient playstyle

you're out of hitting range for a lot of enemies so you take less damage
you're out of aggro range for a lot of enemies, so you only engage the enemies you choose to (stealth helps this too)
you don't need to navigate terrain to engage your enemy, so there's less time spent walking between each enemy
enemy comes to you rather than you needing to come to the enemy

it's not the most fun, it's not a role that people admire, it's just the most efficient way to do things
why would you not be a stealth archer
>>
>>385901293
>implying I want to be some faggy archer instead of the screaming berserker who literally punches dragons to death
>>
>>385904910
>paralysis
Anti-fun. In oblivion I made a spell with paralysis and weakness to magicka. Cast repeatedly with impunity until a bass damage spell can one shot the enemy.
>>
i really prefer swords and shields
>>
Some stupid giant stole my magic mead last week and now I can't write for shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (33KB, 236x276px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33KB, 236x276px
>>385901293

>not picking two handed great sword whenever possible
>>
>>385901293
>implying ANYTHING about 500 guys lining up in rank and file and bending metal and wood with oiled and corded sinew then releasing is even the slightest bit quiet or stealthy.

media makers are flat out retarded.

sure, a 15 lb target bow for kids might be relatively quiet ( but not really) anything larger though and it gets loud.

devs are just shit at putting in stuff they don't know shit about, and refuse to consult anyone who would.

>there are archery cvlubs worldwide these fuckers could go to and say ' hey, could you tell us what a 200 + lb draw yew longbow sounds like?
>>
>>385901293
How is Legolas edgy?
>>
>>385906302
>play rpg
>dual wield greatsword
>character keeps missing for alot of turns
>fuck waste hours of creation and playing the game for that build.
>>385901293
the only time i really enjoyed archer combat was in dragons dogma
>>385905174
>>385901619
if only early game of wizards are a bit more easier.
>>
>>385906785
One could even just hop on youtube and learn what they needed without leaving their chair or even their bed.
>>
>>385906869
DnD is the way all Magic Users should be.
>>
>>385907132
but muh focus groups ! muh marketing! we have no budget for 5 minutes on google! we don't even HAVE a research or QA dept!
>>
I just like bows, I like their aesthetic and the skill needed to use them. There's a satisfaction with them I get that other weapons just don't give in games.
I'm sneaky sneaky in vidya because I hate the thought of something coming up behind me- Oblivion's loud fuckin hit noises traumatized me so I make sure not to let anything creep up on me.
Also if you think Legolas is edgy, I think you're heavily misusing the word.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.