[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rocksmith thread Post guitars or basses, songs you requested,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 12

Rocksmith thread

Post guitars or basses, songs you requested, and level of skill
>>
Great game to practice scales with. Rubbish for everything else and a terrible cash grab in the end. I bought the original game and laughed when 2014 came out.
>>
>>385901278
So you don't think the songs are accurate? I think they are with the exception of Go with the Flow because it is in C Standard.

Also the original Rocksmith has worse note detection.
>>
>>385901278
>he doesn't just get all DLC from mediafire and uses CF
You have failed as a human
>>
>>385901643
official dlc download where?
>>
File: IMG_20170715_231943.jpg (2MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170715_231943.jpg
2MB, 3120x4160px
Never played rocksmith. Probably would be harder for me since I learn everything by ear exclusively.

These are my main axes. Yes I love sucking A7X's dick, no I'm not 14 years old.
>>
>Rocksmith 2014 comes out
>Decent
>Rather than just make Rocksmith 2017 or something they make Rocksmith 2014 Remastered

It's a really weird decision
>>
>>385900992
ive still have the original on 360. i heard there were significant updates, and even a sort of re release. am i screwed? was any of it free? i greatly doubt the original got any support, but i like to keep dreaming.
>>
>>385901685
I'm on my shittop right now so I don't have the link but I'll post a thread later tomorrow with it so look out for it.
>>385902016
Pic related is mine except in blue. I heard the Schecter Synysters are pretty wicked. Are they?
>>
File: HB_Splash.jpg (143KB, 990x349px) Image search: [Google]
HB_Splash.jpg
143KB, 990x349px
>>385902254
Forgot pic
>>
>playing music
are you all women?
>>
>>385902254
>>385902308
Wow that looks fucked up. I would play it but only ironically.
>I heard the Schecter Synysters are pretty wicked. Are they?
Fuck. Yes. The Sustainiac is the best purchase I've EVER made. Not even kidding. It's fun to use and even when it's not on, it's my favorite neck pickup.
>>
>>385900992
>>385901278
So is this game not good for actually learning guitar?
>>
>>385902454
It's excellent for practicing scales like I said. If you don't have it, it's prob worth it for fun and if you're serious about improving, using its aforementioned scale games to practice with.

But it isn't teaching you how to play guitar it's just teaching you how to win their game.
>>
>>385902342
Men are good at making music because they save their expressions of emotion for their instrument and lyrics.

Women on the other hand express emotion on an everyday basis. What little they have left for music turns out to be crap a lot of the time. That is why you rarely hear of a good female rock/metal group.
>>
rhythm stuff is kind of annoying in the game. stuck on like 99.7 percent on knockin' on heaven's door, 'cause it doesn't always recognize the strumming
>>
>>385902016
Most 14 yo nowadays probably don't even know who A7X are. And nice collection BTW. Isn't that a bit too much tho?
>>385902454
Not the best way to learn stuff for me, but definitely a fun way to practice. Haven't launched it quite in a while tho. Tired of retuning bass (band plays in drop B). Should probably just buy a second one..
Here's my warwick frankenbass BTW.
>>
File: w_frankenbass.jpg (760KB, 1328x2048px) Image search: [Google]
w_frankenbass.jpg
760KB, 1328x2048px
>>385902892
>>
File: Girls.jpg (77KB, 600x536px) Image search: [Google]
Girls.jpg
77KB, 600x536px
>>385902016
>These are my main axes

>no I'm not 14 years old
>>
>>385902454
Don't listen to any of these retards it's great to include in your routine I have learned so much from playing other peoples songs I have a 20 minute jimmy page solo song I'm working on right now and it's improved my speed and how I hold and handle the guitar. Sex Pistol songs taught me some shit too. Basically load up as many songs as you can and play them to pick up on technique and speed.
>>
>>385903330
You convinced me to dig out my guitar
>>
File: 1402370005642.jpg (13KB, 208x251px) Image search: [Google]
1402370005642.jpg
13KB, 208x251px
>active pickups
>needing batteries for your guitar to get a good sound

I will never understand this. I guess I need to listen to more Metalcore
>>
>>385903826
If you do make sure to use the customforge cdlc it's so beneficial for playing there are thousands of songs that will give you an idea of what playing feels like so you can improv a lot easier.
>>
>>385903176

>retarded anon thinking a 14 yo could even afford 10 K plus of guitar and equipment.
>>
>>385904075
>spending more than 10k on equipment
All my shit together after upgrade was 1200. Anything else is memery.
>>
>>385903914
I like them because they give me a clear sound especially for cleans. Also EMG has the solderless installation so they're ez pz japanez to swap if you want a different set.
>>
>>385903826
Also some anon was saying their game is focused on showing you how to win it's not true there are some songs that are generally hard to play and to understand them and be able to play them correctly you will have to play through them a couple of dozen times so you can pick up on why they're doing what they're doing and for your hands to pick up on the fluidity of transitioning note from note. There are some seriously hard solos out there and once you know how to play the song you should be expected to play it with your eyes closed or through their score attack which makes the notes invincible so you cannot see them. Use drums in songs to keep on time if you're having problems with timing feel the rhythm of the drums and count a long in 4:4 or whatever time signature the song is in.
>>
Hey bros gh made me want to learn guitar and I have a classical should I buy one of those cheap strato knock off style electric guitar combos for like 100 burgers with the amplifier and shit
>>
>>385904128
most muso types i know have spent at least 10-20 k on gear over the years, shits expensive.
>>
>>385900992
Customsforge for all the best songs. May not be studio quality but some are really made pretty amazing.
>>
>>385904215
My JB makes cleaner sounds then your wet fart pick ups.
Pic related my hot bitch she's jap but likes the American lifestyle as you can see from her color scheme
>>385904447
muh guitar it's a vintage 1989 MIJ fender with a duo sonic in the neck, Dimarzio in the middle, and a JB in the Bridge,
>>
>>385902765
>expression of emotion
>metal music
>>
File: IMG_20170802_010224_652.jpg (2MB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170802_010224_652.jpg
2MB, 1836x3264px
>>385904617
forgot image
>>
File: gitah.jpg (2MB, 1800x1350px) Image search: [Google]
gitah.jpg
2MB, 1800x1350px
Been playing for years, but Rocksmith is still pretty good fun for a quick fuck around.

Main gitah is a 2001 Custom 24.
>>
>>385902016
>active pups
shit taste, anon
>>
File: 78754563.jpg (175KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
78754563.jpg
175KB, 768x1024px
>>385902308
Play the blues and some classic rock. Is this now Guitar thread?
>>
>>385904617
i know one bloke here in town was in an accident and brain dead for a year or two.

>so his 'family' flogged off all his 60 and 70 something les pauls and shit for peanuts because they're retards

>hurr durr this 5,000 guitar will sell well, that guy paid a whole 50 dollars for it! aren't we lucky!

shits painful. guy woke up not remebering shit all. except sometimes his friends'll be like , whatever happened to you ___ and he'll come back later about how someone sold it off on him.

guy's great to listen and watch play though. he can't remember HOW to play anymore.... but he'll just pick up one of his new guitars and play shit anyway.
>>
>>385904648
Alice in Chains? Tool?
>>
>>385904748
Actives are fine for playing metal on a budget. Don't be such a snob.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (12KB, 620x182px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
12KB, 620x182px
Havnt got around to messing around too much. Played only 3 hours or so.
Got this cheapie for 350Aud just for rocksmith. Emded up applying myself to drumming instead. Bad idea anons?
>>
>>385904648

> HA HA I'LL GO into an /mu/ thread for guitarist and shittalk guitar music !!

>fuck why aren't people circlejerking off about how good MUH rap is and how super fun cute tay tay is???

>i purposefully went into a thread about something i don't like in order to get offended and triggered and now i'm all butthurt offended and triggered! why does this keep happening to me!!!!

>ree stop liking what i don't like.
>>
>>385904362
it'll sound and play like trash probably but go for it if you want to start learning. you can spend a few hundred more for a half decent ibanez or something along with a starter amp
>>
>>385904862
Why were they selling off his shit for medical bills?! I'd fucking kill them if they sold my shit like that I'd kill just about anyone who'd take my guitar.
>>
or you could just get a clip on pickup so the pc can 'hear' and understand your classical guitar.
>>
>>385905031
>Bad idea anons?

Not if you get good.
If you ever want to play in a band, drummers are honestly a hot commodity.
Guitarists are a dime a dozen but legit good drummers are, from my own experience in my misspent youth, rare as hen's teeth.
>>
>>385905031
Drums are great if you're learning rhythm and timing. Same with bass i'd stick with bass if you want to transition to stringed instruments in the future though.
>>
The thing that irks me is that the way to learn a song isnt to play a third of the notes at speed and then keep adding more. It's to play everything at a lower speed and then accelerate as you master it.

Aside from that, I might try it for scales, though my guitar is acoustic-electric. Have a bass, though.
>>
>>385905126
nope. public health here, there were no med bills.

they just cleaned him out because lol fuck him he's dead now. well mostly.
>>
>>385904648
I guess you had never been to mathcore gig..
You know, the one where bass player is running is his underwear between the crowd and screaming "REPEEENT!!!" and then falling on the floor and having an epileptic seizure (and playing bass nicely at the same time).
Wew.. that was SOME expression of emotion..
>>385904362
Haven't touched an amp at home for a few years. IMO audio interface and some decent speakers is better investments. Line6 got some free amplification apps shipped with them (and zero delay). More than enough for home practicing (and you can record your stuff too)
>>
>>385905242
Fucking cunts of course their uncultured asses would just pawn that shit off.
>>
>>385904648
>all metal is over-distorted power chords
Listen to some prog metal and you'll get random bits of practically every genre with shit tons of creativity and expression.
>>
>>385905248
>Haven't touched an amp at home for a few years. IMO audio interface and some decent speakers is better investments.

Indeed. Or even a good set of headphones so you can play as loudly as you want without bothering anybody.
>>
>>385904362
Yeah but replace the pickups inside and get a decent amp screw the stock shit practice amp invest 600 dollardoos on something workable I plan on buying myself a new amp soon.
>>
File: 1501361026942.jpg (64KB, 500x451px) Image search: [Google]
1501361026942.jpg
64KB, 500x451px
>>385905427
>not getting good enough to play as loud as you want when you want
>giving a fuck about the neighbors
The neighbors can't touch me for shit when I'm shredding bra
>>
>>385905083
>>385905248
>>385905446
Alright thanks bros I'll save up some more and buy something decent then
>>
>>385905191
>>385905213
Okay. Cheers. Ill focus on drumming for now and maybe mingle with bass depending on how i go.
Ive been struggling to learn basic stuff but im slowly getting better.
23 isnt too late to start i hope.
>>
>>385905558
I generally only get a chance to play after 11pm these days, laddie.

And I'm not an anti-social autistic fuck.
>>
>>385905682
>23 isnt too late to start i hope.

It's never too late as long as you're willing to put in the work.
>>
>>385905694
>And I'm not an anti-social autistic fuck.
That's not why you suck at guitar though. There are plenty of youtube guitar chads trying getting gud and then talking about your shitty schedule I work,go to school, and manage shit on my own time just fine.
>>
>>385905382
neo classicalism aww yiss.

symphonic and power awww yiss.

prog hell yes.
>>
>>385905364
you can kinda understand why this guy doesn't see his family like ever anymore.

>guys brain doesn't fucking work properly anymore and yet when some poor dumb student is practicing a progression to learn a technique, he 'remembers' something ( not really because he still has to relearn how to play all over again) and suddenly he belting out flawless dire straits, and adding his own little flourishes and embellishments like knopfler would do during his concerts

>because the dude used to go to those gigs and work them too.
>>
>>385905242
Jesus that's tragic.
>>
>>385906232
yep, it really is. and he not even an asshole or anything, he's just a guy.
>>
>>385906228
That has to be so frustrating it's all there and he has no access to it besides letting it come out like a natural response his ear must be really good.
>>
is this possible to pirate?
i really dont wanna give ubisoft bucks
>>
>>385906378
yeah, the guy works security, teaches kung fu as a si fu, and all his music is just locked behind a fuzz wall of nothing.

i mean, one time i was sitting there at the diner place (students learn out back in soundproofed rooms with 1 on 1 and that place closed down now) having a snack after trying to learn barr chords more, and some kid came in, mucked about with the guitars and hit a couple of different notes, and suddenly the dude picks up his guitar he'd set down and starts ripping out some sabbath.

or there was a jam session i watched where a lot of younger players were all MUH DRAGONFORCE HUE HUE SO HARD you can't play this you guys are all old... so this guy picks up his guitar and just by ear, picks it all up, outplays them, and adds extra stuff atop the lines he's playing out of the song.
>>
>>385906618
You should try reaching out to him and playing with him get it to be a thing to do throughout the week pick up some stuff from him that's how all of the best did it they played with the best.
>>
I lost my cable

>love minus the bear
>cold company
>that fucking two handed tapping

why am I so good at this but so bad at climbing scales?
>>
>>385906732
haven't seen the guy in years, he was just a guy i met whilst trying to learn guitar, i was a beginner beginner, like, really really shit, and he was not even taking lessons, just came to the jam sessions to hang and play.

>mfw the person who owned the diner / studio's wife was a dead ringer for ann wilson.

whereas i fail at basic techniques, let alone anything actually difficult.

i have huge palms and stubby little fingers.great for punching things, not so good for fine soft motor control manual dexterity needed to play my steel string acoustic.
>>
>>385906827
just play the mini games for ever and ever and ever.
>>
>>385905972
Don't worry your wee face, son, I'm plenty good. I used to not give a fuck about bothering people when playing when I was younger, but then I moved onto the adult world.
>>
>>385907525
>I'm plenty good
>Too scared to play when he wants how he wants
>Muh adult world YOU'D NEVER UNDERSTAND MUH STRUGGLES GOYIM
lol okay you still suck at guitar and I'd probably shit on you irl
>>
>>385907603
at least i admit i suck at guitar.

i'll happily quote dresden.

'' i move the strings with my fingers. it makes noise... i wouldn't call it 'playing' ''
>>
>Was on the top of the leaderboard for a particular song once

I doubt that I still am, but it was great at the time.
>>
>>385907603
I've been playing 20 years, I don't need to validate myself to some random person on the internet.
Believe what you like about how I play, but it's most definitely anti-social to play loud music late at night when you live in a flat and if you can't understand that you truly are an autistic little fuck with no comprehension of social boundaries.
>>
>>385900992

The input lag is so goddamn horrible i'd rather play a music sheet with a real amp
>>
>>385907603
>I'd probably shit on you irl

Jesus Christ, it's not a fucking competition.
>>
>>385907678

You don't suck you're just lazy and unco, try practicing for 1 month straight.

You probably gave up not even 5 minutes in because you got fustrated. The number rule is to keep playing when you fuck up.
>>
>Some of my band's music makes it into the game as DLC
>Play it on Master Mode
>Somehow 15th place worldwide despite playing these songs live multiple times
>>
>>385907996
i played until my fingers bled.

still didn't get better. just slightly less shit.
>>
>>385908071
That's the real feels bad man.
>>
>>385907858
>implying I said playing music at night
that would just be rude you dumb shitposter
>>385907678
Keep playing don't ever stop play every minute that you get I make sure to play hours at time when I do get the time
>>385907947
It most certainly is or people wouldn't have a motivation to improve you're telling me you don't have the motivation to absolutely shit on someone with your skills and then help said person learn to shit on the next unsuspecting victim it's part of the fun.
>>
>>385908136
>still didn't get better. just slightly less shit.

Slightly less shit *is* getting better. Also your fingers will stop hurting the more you play because calluses.
>>
>>385908071
Can you say which band? There's no proof that you're that person and it's not like a bunch of guitar autists at 2am are going to go through the trouble to check.
>>
>>385908164
>It most certainly is or people wouldn't have a motivation to improve you're telling me you don't have the motivation to absolutely shit on someone with your skills and then help said person learn to shit on the next unsuspecting victim it's part of the fun.

What about just wanting to improve cos you love playing music? No offence, but you sound like you have some underlying confidence problems if "shitting on people" is more important to you than just the enjoyment of music.
>>
>>385908156
Yeah. I'm probably used to playing the songs on lower timings live.

>>385908242
Contract says I can't.
>>
>>385908345
Well of course it's about getting better or you wouldn't put hours into the fucking thing have you played with other musicians before the whole point of playing with others is to bring something new to the table if you're going to do that you need to be so good that you wow them and part of that is shitting on them hard enough to get their attention and hoping it motivates them to get better than you or pick up on what you're doing that they don't already know. Shitting on the other is just part of the fun in the competition.
>>
>>385908401
Can you at least tell us what genre of music you play?
>>
>>385908473
>Shitting on the other is just part of the fun in the competition.

Music isn't competition, it's collaboration. The fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>385908525
Hard-rock/alternative metal. We are DLC, not in the base game.
>>
>>385908546
Collaboration is fun when you learn something knew part of that is getting shit on and part of it is doing the shitting it doesn't have to be in a mean way you dumb nigger. I don't just go up to the other guy pull my pants down slap his guitar on the ground shit on it and play some 30 minute solo I just play with people and let the guitar do the talking.
>>
>>385908634
I have a hefty feeling you're from Avenged Sevenfold.
>>
>>385900992
Can I play a pirated version of this if I have an external audio device that I can plug my guitar into? It's connected to my computer via usb. Do I still have to have their little converted thing anyways?
>>
>>385908985
You can but I don't think you can get CDLC which is what everyone buys it for.
>>
>>385908910
Not that type of metal. We were very popular back when A7X were too (not that either of our bands are unpopular right now though).
>>
>>385908786
Don't hurt yourself on that edge, kiddo.
>>
>>385909035
In that case, is their cable (which is like $30), the only thing I can use for the full experience?
>>
>>385909084
Yeah it's a specially designed cable I highly recommend you buy a used one online and buy a used steam key for the base game it goes for dirt cheap. It's worth it from how much play time you get from the CDLC. To get the base game to work with CDLC you have to buy the Smashing Pumpkins Cherub CDLC and then use it as a reference for the program that imports CDLC into your Rocksmith folder.
>>
>>385909058
t.cant handle banter
Is it because you suck at guitar?
>>
The fucking Monkees.

But seriously, that Valeri solo is impressive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHma5mNTuNY
>>
>>385909039
Evanescence or Three Days Grace I can't think of any other metal bands included in the DLCs. Feel free not to say yes or no I'm just guessing.
>>
Is this the instrument game thread? Who else is pissed off with how shit Rock Band 4 is and how deceptive Harmonix have been about it? It gets more and more broken with each update
>500 FUCKING DOLLARS the bundle at launch for half a game
>Lol no practice mode at launch
>No online because no one requested it :)
>No Keys anymore
>Alright guys we're doing online now but you have to pay $45 extra
>Oh fuck guys sorry we're delaying it here are some free songs
>It's seriously coming guise
>Ok guys here it is oh wait there's no matchmaking :)
>There's also unplayable lag now and we will remove notes if you pause the game

They are pure scum at this point.
>>
I know it names chords, but for melodies, are you learning to read tabs and not the actual notes?
>>
>>385909440
Very close but not them two.
>>
>>385909658
there's nothing to learn about reading tabs and reading notes isn't that useful these days. Learn to play by ear instead.
>>
>>385909640
>buying that shit
You only have yourself to blame. You could be playing RB on PC through clones with a million shitty custom tracks instead, or you could be played one of the newer guitarfreaks and drumania rips.

You've got to be pretty stupid to keep buying plastic instrument games.
>>
>>385906501
Nothing to stop it being easy to pirate. Most of the pirated versions come with a shit load of DLC and the custom songs as well.
>>385908071
>no matter how good you get at anything there's an Asian kid who's at least twice as good
>>
>>385909720
Learning as in processing quickly enough to sight read. There's still some investment and its largely a waste if you intend to actually be good at the instrument. Playing by ear is a valuable skill but youre going to have problems not being able to read music unless you do nothing other than jam or learn your part of a song before meeting up.
>>
>>385908071
How do they go about getting it as accurate as possible? Is it all emails/phone calls about sections or do they ask you to send a recording to them?

Anyone got any tips on playing slap bass? I'm slowly, slowly getting there but I can't tell how hard I should be slapping the strings to get the right balance of sound produced and energy used.
>>
>>385910248
Our label sends the stems (separate audio tracks for each part of the song) and they transcribe it.

And try playing it with an amp.
>>
>>385902016
>A74
>Im not 14
So... You're autistic instead, nice to know
>>
Id rather just play my guitar or record than play along to other peoples songs in a game each to his own.
>>
>>385902016
>all these haters on this post
pham, just wanted to let you know not everyone is a koont, dassa dope ass collection
>>
>>385912254
>pham
>koont
suicide
>>
>>385908071
Go back to your grave, Buckley.
>>
>>385900992
it's a good way to get going but if you actually want to get good you need to learn by ear, because that trains your inner ear and that's the key to actually expressing yourself. your hands must be in tune with what you imagine, and you need to be able to quickly identify what you imagine, and you learn that by training your ear.
>>
File: 1499907400869.png (242KB, 510x346px) Image search: [Google]
1499907400869.png
242KB, 510x346px
How do I escape the hell of 5th and 8th when I try to "colour up" my bass guitar playing? What's the knowledge I lack of?
Thread posts: 117
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.