[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sony Removes Dragon Quest XI Trailer Revealing PS4 Version for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: DragonQuestXIPS4.jpg (20KB, 1363x645px) Image search: [Google]
DragonQuestXIPS4.jpg
20KB, 1363x645px
When Square Enix made the announcement of the western localization of Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age, they did not announce any platforms for the game in North America and Europe.

A few days later, Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe jumped ahead of the competition by revealing that the PS4 version would come west via a trailer.
That trailer is now gone

No explanation was provided, and this can either mean that Square Enix still hasn’t decided the platforms for the west, or simply wants to announce them all at the same time.
>>
>>385898778
the west will get PS4 and Switch versions

no 3DS version cause piracy n shiet
>>
>>385898778
Why do people like these "games"? Isn't it just generic toriyama shit with generic turn based combat?
>>
File: 1501634043373.webm (3MB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
1501634043373.webm
3MB, 900x506px
>>385899292
You tell me sensei
>>
>>385899292
The main thing is that the Dragon Quest games are insanely polished, like, polished to a degree that most people who've never played one can't fathom. It has no notable gimmicks and doesn't do anything unique, but it's the greatest generic JRPG experience you can get.

The story is usually simple as fuck, but the pacing is good and the writing is charming for most people. There aren't any stand-out mechanics in the games but every one of the systems just work so well in regards to being viable without breaking the game apart, and intuitively enough that a new player can learn it and discover the depths without help. All the technical stuff is the same as it's been for decades except more impressive as time goes on.

Disliking Dragon Quest isn't always, but is usually indicative that a person just dislikes JRPGs. I like to think that over here it's everybody's second favourite JRPG franchise if they care enough to keep a list at all.
>>
>>385900049
Seems about right, but I'm one of those people who fucking hate most Jap rpgs but I like Dragon Quest, Romancing Saga & Souls. Dragon Quest feels like an old school Western rpg like the original Wasteland. It's part of its charm. Kinda like how Persona 1 felt like a Wizardry game but then the rest of the series is some boring visual novl bullshit. DQ doesn't bother with modern trends at all. It still acts as if we're living in the 80s but updates the visuals & music to modern standards.
>>
File: 1486413734391.png (3MB, 1280x2697px) Image search: [Google]
1486413734391.png
3MB, 1280x2697px
>>385899625
>Can't fuck
Why are the Japs such fuckbois?
Took them remaking 8 just to marry best girl
>>
>>385899292
it's "generic" because everyone else copied it

The appeal of DQ is that it's formula remains virtually unchanged she all these years. Modern JRPGs mix things up with their combat systems with gimmicks and innovations. DQ gives players a familiar taste to come home to.
>>
I swear to god if we only get the 3DS version I really am going to learn japanese
>>
If we don't get a 3DS version I'm gonna freak.
>>
>>385900367
>Childhood friend girl who's always loved you is about to be married off to the biggest wanker in all the lands
>when the wedding gets called off, rather than turning around and marrying you she gives her dress and wedding to the fiery titty monsters you've been travelling with on the whole journey
Dear God that was the awkwardest thing I'd ever seen
>>
>>385902238
Dragon Quest loves NTR
>>
>>385899625
>all of Jessica's attacks
So she's a Jessica clone?
>>
File: 1485756163318.jpg (30KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
1485756163318.jpg
30KB, 400x240px
>>385902238
One of my main problems I had with DQ8 was of much hard they pushed Medea on you
>Childhood friend
>Oh and she always loved you
>Oh and Mid game she starts talking to you in your dreams
>Oh and she's marrying the one asshole in the game (Like seriously, everyone else is so nice and shit and the first asshole you meet is the guy she's going to marry)
Her dialogue in Jessica ending is top tier too, and that's what makes it so great.

My perfect ending would have been Hero and the gang continuing adventuring, but marrying Jessica is second best.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.