[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You still don't use discord, right guys?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: DF3Ks1fXYAAWGAa.jpg (88KB, 963x475px) Image search: [Google]
DF3Ks1fXYAAWGAa.jpg
88KB, 963x475px
You still don't use discord, right guys?
>>
>>385882117
No reason to. I don't play video games nor have friends.
>>
I'm sorry that everybody gave up on TS/Mumble server, but Discord is by far and away the easiest VOIP option out there, and there's a reason most people migrated there.
>>
No, I host my own IRC-channel on a server I built in my basement.
>>
>>385882117
>discord
>He hasn't learned how to use smoke signals to communicate

HAHAHA
>>
>>385883105
Businesses are even starting to drop Skype for Discord because it's so easy and so much better, and a ton of corporations still run on fucking Windows XP just because change is scary.
>>
>>385882117
>discord does everything every other VoIP does with more features
>easy to use
>free
>expecting everyone to drop it for pigeon posts because marketers have their claws in it (like they do with everything else)
>>
Nah. I ever have. It seems good for the people who want it but as far as i'm concerned I have better options for the things I want to do. Idle chatter is cool but just like Skype group calls everything gets fucking noisy fucking fast. At least in a proper vent/TS/Mumble server I can mute the noisy fuckers for the whole group or shift them to a time out corner as I see fit. And if people praise it for the text chat properties then I really don't know what to say. We haven't really improved beyond IRC in that regard, unless you REALLY think emoticons and file-sharing that offers previews is necessary.
>>
>easy to use
I can't even get @everyone to be able to read messages
>>
My group of friends has their own TS and as long as they use it I have no reason to use Discord
>>
>>385882117
If you've EVER used a commercial service or product in the internet, free or otherwise, and i guarantee all of you have, then marketers have their claws on you and your shit, no use in complaining this far along
>>
>>385882117
fuck discord some fucker can get in your server and post cp. discord can get everyone in that server in trouble.
>>
>He doesn't send messages to his friends via shipping an encrypted HDD and FAXing the encryption key, then having him melt the data with magnets

it's like youre asking to have all your sensitive data leaked.
>>
literally what information? you dont even have to fill out an app to make a name and join a server
>>
>>385883221
It's not so much scary as it is a pain in the ass
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.