[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Game of the Year Edition for five different games that came

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: costanza.jpg (17KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
costanza.jpg
17KB, 250x250px
>Game of the Year Edition for five different games that came out in the same year
>>
Well, what would you call a game re-released with all the DLC bundled together? Ultimate Edition?
>>
>>385873105
Bundle
>>
File: 1336879552973.jpg (18KB, 379x374px) Image search: [Google]
1336879552973.jpg
18KB, 379x374px
>remastered version
>butchers the art of the original and looks objectively worse
>>
>>385873105
Yes, and that's exactly what most companies do. Why would a re-release bundle necessarily have anything to do with being "game of the year"?
>>
This irks me a lot because a lot of people praise games for receiving "game of the year" awards when it's essentially meaningless. Do you really think the game IGN (for example) thinks is the best is really a decent game, given their journalistic "integrity"? What about the other hundred review outlets, how much do they matter?
>>
What, you think that there's some kind of objective game of the year association that announces the one true game of the year? If any website calls your game "game of the year" it seems perfectly reasonable to include that in your marketing.

When it gets ridiculous is when literally nobody called your game the "game of the year" and yet you still release a GotY edition, like with AFL Live GotY edition.
>>
>>385873105
Complete edition
>>
>>385873105
The Actually A Finished Product Edition
>>
>>385873105
Works for Fallout New Vegas

It could also be Gold Version, worked for plenty of games.

GOTY should be an award given by an unique official entity to only one game, or at worst, one game per genre.
>>
>>385873979
It's only considered the actual game of the year is the one that received the most awards
>>
File: 1498032313181.gif (2MB, 159x146px) Image search: [Google]
1498032313181.gif
2MB, 159x146px
>GOTY Edition
>comes with DLC not released the year it was released
>>
File: 1494015360957.gif (704KB, 382x450px) Image search: [Google]
1494015360957.gif
704KB, 382x450px
>Greatest Hits
>the only difference is the boxart
>>
>>385873105
Complete

Why would a lie make sense at all?
>>
>>385874971
that's specific branding for reissues released at a lower price
>>
>>385874971
well duh, its not called "greater" hits
>>
>>385874652
Who decides which website is worthy of being included in that tally? If I make a freewebs website and claim that Crash N Sane trilogy is the game of the year should my vote be included in the tally? Should the opinions of /v/ users be polled?

The idea of an objective game of the year is retarded.
>>
>>385875646
What do you think is a better idea? Having one person decide on it?
>>
>>385875929
No you fucking retard. The current system is fine. There's no true objective game of the year. Game devs are free to do what film studios do with DVD releases and put as many quotes from reviews on the cover as they like. If someone calls your game the game of the year, feel free to release a GotY edition.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.