[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled etc etc What did you think of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: prey.jpg (30KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
prey.jpg
30KB, 460x215px
Now that the dust has settled etc etc

What did you think of Prey?

I thought it was actually pretty mediocre. The enemy design was some of the worst shit I've seen in sci-fi, the guns were all peashooters, there was no sense of danger or scale, the UI obstructed gameplay, and the difficulty was weirdly hard for a game like this, to the point where it was offputting.
>>
I didn't buy the game because I didn't like the enemies. I like the idea of constant tension, but it doesn't look like the enemies respond much to being shot.
>>
6/10, it was alright. I have the same complaints about the game. Lack of enemy variety, guns feel weak and the visuals are a bit bland.
>>
Loved it, writing was great once you get past that 2 hour lul after the intro the combat was a lot of fun as well.

One of the best games this year.
>>
a solid 6/10
>>
File: Morgan_Yu_Male.png (365KB, 530x583px) Image search: [Google]
Morgan_Yu_Male.png
365KB, 530x583px
I really liked it.

It's honestly pretty rare for me to be drawn in enough that I finish a game, these days.

Yet I finished Prey.

It was a pretty cool little adventure, and there is definitely stuff I missed.
For anyone who cares; it gets my recommendation.
>>
>>385870187
The worst part about the game was it's enemies. Just black blobs that turn into shit or humanoid blobs of various elements and machines. Shit was bland. Their great big bad of the game was just a giant version of the humanoid blobs. That is some lazy shit. I would have much prefiered that the corpses the mimics left over became the basic elemental enemy instead of just the blod humans.
Besides that the way you can get to places and get things done was great. Would of liked a rapid firing weapons that wasn't the laser or gloo gun.
>>
>>385872385
Depends what you're shooting them with.

They can be staggered, and with enough force even dropped to the ground.

They can move really weirdly, but that's what you'd expect from a weird, alien, semi-psyonic being.
>>
>>385873501
They look like something that could use some fancy liquid physics from Nvidia or something of that sort, but unfortunately nobody cares to implement that shit even if the tech is there.
>>
File: 1501096755314.jpg (147KB, 1024x942px) Image search: [Google]
1501096755314.jpg
147KB, 1024x942px
On hard mode, getting 3 shot at best by literally every enemy is retarded in a game like this.

Managed to get to the first Telepath before dropping the difficulty.
>>
The story was way too predictable and the enemies got boring fast because they were all ultimately just black blobs. It was still a good game and I hope it gets a sequel that improves on it, but i'm afraid it will end up being some kind of open world garbage.
>>
File: bioshock 2 is a bad game.png (142KB, 282x458px) Image search: [Google]
bioshock 2 is a bad game.png
142KB, 282x458px
>>385870187
Holy shit. I fundamentally disagree with almost everything in your post.

The enemy designs were fucking great imo, rorschach chaos monsters done absolutely right. They could have used more, and the nightmare should never have made it into the game in its current developmental stage, but other than that they're perfect.

I've got no idea how the ui obstructed gameplay, it's minimal as fuck and I've heard this complaint from multiple posters on here, can you elaborate?

No sense of danger but the game is too hard for you? Dont really get that. I'll agree I can only make the game hard if I play hardest difficulty and self-rule out water fountains and operators, but damn, that's how all 'Shock games have been, and fuck if this isn't one. Sure, the difficulty curve is upside-down as fuck, but it reminded me of SS2 in that way, especially towards the end with how sanic fast you end up traversing the old areas.

For my honest opinion, I think it's a better game overall than SS2, even if you account for the 20 years of time difference. And SS2 was just as polarizing in opinion when it came out as this game has been, so take that for what you will
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.