[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want you to be real with me. What is the best version of this game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 4

I want you to be real with me. What is the best version of this game?
>>
>>385868787
GBA,moded with original ost if you can
>>
depends on who you ask. no matter what version you get you'll play a great video game.
>>
SNES with patches to fix the battle system bugs.
>>
SNES + Brave New World mod. Fixes everything and gives it more kick than the original. But be warned, it still feels unfinished in a few endgame missions, but it's worth it.
>>
>>385868787
SNES with the uncensored sprites.
Woolsey adds to the charm.

Captcha: GENOVA Road
>>
>>385868787
What kind of question is that? Play the orginal snes version.
>>
>>385869665
Brave New World mod is better for second runs and on. The text changes are kind of dumb and he needs to enjoy the actual story first.
>>
Gba with the sound restoration patch.
>>
Why is Kefka so overrated
>MUH EDGY NIHLISTIC JOKER RIPOFF
>>
I have a better question. Does somebody even like II and V ? I have seen people liking almost every one. Yes even, dare i even mention it, VIII. But II or V ? Never.
>>
>>385868787
Snes.

Later versions usually only add retarded shit like an extra super boss at the very end which doesn't matter and even detracts from the game.
>>
>>385868787
SNES version

GBA version is too flawed - reduced screen space, fucked-up color palette, instances of slowdown, and even when patched the music still sounds shit.
>>
Is the sound on the original GBA version that bad?

I'm thinking about playing this on my PSP using a GBA emulator, but the restored ROM runs like shit on gPSP.
>>
>>385870109
V is my second favorite mainline game. So yes, I love V.
>>
>>385870109
People talk about how great V is all the fucking time.
>>
>>385870246
Yes.
>>
>>385870109
Don't you browse FF threads on /v/ or is this some kind of bait?
V seems to be a top choice for a lot of people on this board.

I don't think anyone likes II though.
>>
It is really hard to reply to this because each time they remade the game they would add more stuff in that was good, but it would also bring in new bullshit along the way.

I want to preface this next statement with this: Woolsey's translation is the best one. That being said the snes version has the least amount of content and the most amount of bugs in it.
None of the versions fix evasion to my knowledge.
The GBA one has the worst sound design because of the limited sound card.

If you are someone that just wants to revisit the game for nostalgia's sake go with SNES.
If you want the most content go GBA with SOUND patch
>>
>>385868890
This. You can even get a physical cartridge of it with both sound and visuals restored for like 30 bucks
>>
>>385870345
>the least amount of content
What a retarded thing to say.
>>
>>385868787

SNES vanilla is fine. A few of the glitches are pretty hard to do (sketch glitch), do nothing (blind status) or just weird (magic evade governing both evasions)
>>
>>385870109

5 is the one people say they like to fit in on /v/

you know, because its FF v
>>
>>385870109
Well if you are a job system enthusiast V is really good because lots and lots of replayability plus it's jus t a really fun game in general. 2,though, is generally considerd crap because it's leveling system is just way to random and archaic.
>>
>>385870109
>Does somebody even like II and V ?
i dont even remember what the real 2 or 5 is anymore. i played ff1 nes, ff2 and 3 on snes and they were all great so whatever those are they were fun games.
>>
>>385870345
GBA version fixed evasion and some other shit actually.
>>
>>385870758
>whatever those are
1, 4 and 6
>>
File: FFVI_Gba_vs_Snes.png (76KB, 960x320px) Image search: [Google]
FFVI_Gba_vs_Snes.png
76KB, 960x320px
>>
>>385870686
2's level system is only a problem if you like to grind. If you play the game normally, it works just fine.
>>
>>385870109
5 is second best game in franchise
>>
>>385870246
use gpsp kai
works flawles for me along with a handful of other stuff like KH CoM that doesnt work normally
>>
>>385869665
Great gameplay mod. It's too bad the underaged creators see no problem with unnecessarily changing the text of almost every item and dialogue on a whim. Sorry but I don't want to play a Final Fantasy game where potions are called "Red Bulls" or some stupid shit you think is clever. Also don't appreciate the My Little Pony references either. If someone were to isolate all the game changes from this mod but have vanilla text, or the retranslation of the original text then I would say SNES + BNW would be perfect. Otherwise, I would stay away until after you played Vanilla on SNES.
>>
>>385871191
Oh yeah, I forgot about those parts. If I knew a thing about coding, I'd fix those parts myself.
>>
Not OP
I was going to play this game for the first time with a SNES emulator. Is this a good experience of the game?
>>
>>385871191
Yeah that's my problem with BNW, its a great mod gameplay wise, but it has way too many dated references that just don't work and you end up just speeding through them.
>>
File: 1107199-ffvi_au_ps_front.jpg (34KB, 640x555px) Image search: [Google]
1107199-ffvi_au_ps_front.jpg
34KB, 640x555px
What about this version?
>>
>>385871287
Sure
>>
SNES.

I can't believe people actually think the second-translated version is better. What the fuck is wrong with you people.

Is it just muh nippon purism retards?
>>
>>385871362
Nah, bad loading times.
>>
>>385868890
This.
>>
>>385871419
The translation is the worst aspect of the SNES version though. It's everything else that makes it worth playing.
>>
>>385868787
I'm working on it. Give me a couple more months
>>
>>385871287
Ive played all of the different versions except IOS/PC and they are all decent
I would avoid ps1 though because it has some minor load times that make it objectively worse
>>
>>385868787
get the emulator and the american rom
don't listen to the young anime fags fans
>>
>>385870382
where?
>>
>>385871470
This is literal autism. The SNES translation is a huge part of why the game is so highly regarded.
>>
>>385871419
I bet you love games w/ memes in their script too
>>
>>385870109
II is passable on gba but the original nes version is a terrible experience due to limited inventory space and tons of key items
V is absolutely adored, it's weird that you don't see people talking about it
>>
>>385871053

Which version are you using?
>>
>>385868890
>if you can
What? It's shit easy.
Also color correction mod if you play on a 3DS/GBA SP or micro
>>
>>385870882
Somewhere in the middle would be ideal. Some areas can be dark, but not all of them should.
>>
>>385871362
every single random encounter takes like 3 times longer to load than the SNES version.
>>
is there a version of the PlayStation version with faster load times?
>>
>>385871760
V has the best gameplay mechanic, but the most forgettable story.

It would easily be considered a masterpiece if the gameplay mechanics were better balanced between all the skills and jobs.
>>
>>385872081
>>385871425
What about an emulated PS1 version?
>>
>>385872226
Don't know too much about PS1 emulators... But I do know the PS1 version is already running the game through in emulator. So the picture/sound are a bit skewed from what a remember. As in not totally accurate.

It does, however, have a cool CG intro and a bestiary... so thats something I guess
>>
>>385871830
unofficial gpsp kai 3.4 test 3 build 92
>>
>>385872641

Huh, it's the one I have too I think.

The intro starts fine, but as soon as the FINAL FANTASY VI logo comes up, it shits itself tremendously.
>>
>>385868787
>>385868890

Is the PC version based on the original or the GBA version?
>>
>>385868787
GBA. Most content.
>>
>>385872971
GBA version, but with ugly sprite filters and those weird clown-face Amano portraits that don't even reflect what the characters' sprites look like. Also, last time I played, the portraits spilled off of the text box. I hope they fixed that in the meantime.
>>
>>385872874
maybe try finding a different source rom to patch
had to do that for some pokemon romhack recently
if that fails you could probably start the game on an emulator like visual boy advanced and then copy the save file onto the psp unless you mean it freezes during the title screen before you can hit new game/load
>>
>>385873218

Oh, it never freezes, it just starts lagging and the sound stutters like crazy. I'll try going through the intro and see if the game plays like normal during gameplay.
>>
>>385872971
Isn't it a port of the ios version?
>>
>>385872971
ios version
>>
>>385873503
have you fooled with the emulator settings maybe your cpu speed isnt set to max
I've never encountered stuttering on mine and Ive completed about 12 titles and played around 30
>>
File: IMG_9638.jpg (62KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9638.jpg
62KB, 480x360px
>>385872971
>>
>>385873068
Kill yourself
>>
>>385870109
V is talked about a lot.
>>
>>385874593
But it's true, faggot.
>>
>>385875337
Genuinely the least relevant factor when choosing which version to play.
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.