[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>People give Dynasty Warriors shit for making the same game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: img3-2.jpg (186KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
img3-2.jpg
186KB, 1000x563px
>People give Dynasty Warriors shit for making the same game every release
>Sports games do the exact same thing and no one cares

Why is this allowed?
>>
The rules of sports don't change dramatically year to year, and most of the people who actually buy sports games only really want the new games for roster updates. OTOH, people who tend to like DW-type games expect something at least slightly new with each game rather than a slight paintjob over the same button mashing they've been playing since Bush Jr. took office.

Granted, sports games could use some shakeup (FIFA Mortal Kombat-style post-game riot mode when), but it really comes down to the consumers.
>>
>>385866183
Anyone who buys sports games are normie and don't care about the quality of the games they purchase, they just want something familiar and simple.
>>
CoD does it too and everyone just laps that shit up.
>>
Those are normie games, we don't have normies here.

They buy Fifa/Madden rehashes for the updated rosters solely anyway. They'll probably get mad if they have to relearn new mechanics.
>>
>Sports games do the exact same thing and no one cares

Do you ever visit /v/?
>>
Sports games actually have story modes now.
>>
>>385866947

FPS in general is extremely repetitive but no one complains because it can't innovate too much without becoming another genre.

Same with Dynasty Warriors, they change stuff and improve the graphics but in the end the base of the game has to be the same or else it isn't a Dynasty Warriors game.
>>
As much as sport games get shit on, they actually do differ year to year as far as features and AI. The engines get updated every few years as well.

I think it was Madden 07 when QBs like Vick broke the game cause the AI couldn't handle a running QB. Then in 08, they added QB spy plays and other features to make running QBs less broken.
>>
>>385866183
Because they're competitive games where you play against other players.
Even sports games have challenge while musous are just boring actiongames where you defeat thousands of enemies who barely attack you.

Also you don't have to be scared that one of your favourite non-vidya series gets a videogame adaption will be a sports game.
>>
File: 7dbffb772e1729f5049b8a1e7d83b7db.jpg (101KB, 2048x1024px) Image search: [Google]
7dbffb772e1729f5049b8a1e7d83b7db.jpg
101KB, 2048x1024px
>people like what they like
waste of a thread
>>
>>385867650
Playing something like NBA 2k13 is the same damn thing as playing 2k17 online with other people.

I know because I've been playing 2k since 2007. So your point goes out the window.
>>
>>385867903
Except for the playerbase.
>>
>>385867570
And Dynasty Warriors doesn't? Every fucking game has a new mechanic, or is completely overhauled. Hell even the Xtreme legends version have new stuff in them each time.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.