[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Silent Hill

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: silent-hill-2.jpg (47KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
silent-hill-2.jpg
47KB, 1000x562px
You are given full control reviving the Silent Hill series.

What would you do to revive the series?
>what combat would it have?
>what weapons will your character find?
>what dungeons would the character go to?
>what monsters would be in it?
>what decade would it be set in?
>would it take place in other towns?
>what would the story be like?
>>
there would b a boy who gos there becase he was doing poos behind the couch
>>
I would like to see something new instead of the same thing again, especially on the designs. Year of the Ladybug comes to mind, even if Silent Hill doesn't necessarily need to be so surrealistic.
>>
>>385866336
And the whole time he finds trails of blood. Eventually it leads to his mom, who is menstruating and is also John stamos
>>
>>385865145
>What would you do to revive the series?
Renew Silent Hills
>>
>>385867148
I thought PT was pretty cool but as long as it is only first-person while inside buildings, like how in Silent Hill 4 it is 1st person in the room. I don't care too much for 1st person Outlast shit.
>>
>>385865145
The only proper way to really answer that would be to create a character set in silent hill first cause most things involving story and monsters come from the character or characters around them. I personally thought character that's a heavy drug addict would be a really neat angle and can add a lot of variety for monster and area designs.
>>
>>385865145
HC combat.
Origins weapon system/variety.
The room dungeons.
Downpour's enemies.
Early 90's.
No.
SH2 like. The MC is not a reliable narrator and he will remember shit all the time.
He feels guilty for losing his daughter, and he really really wants to pork his hot neighbor.
>>
>>385867623
Sounds fucking horrible
>>
but what about the poos
>>
>>385867623
This is what would happen if Hewlett regained control of the franchise
>>
File: IMG_0320.jpg (417KB, 900x513px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0320.jpg
417KB, 900x513px
Mix PT and SH2
>>
>>385865145
I'd get the IP off Konami's hands, and present it to Kojima with the one condition of him getting the old TS guys back and do a proper HD remake, or minimum of remaster of SH1.
>>
>>385865145
I would love a SH2 spinoff about Angela. Lots of fire and blinding daylight motifs.
>>
>>385867623
>HC Combat
shit
>The room dungeons
also shit
>Downpour enemies
even shittier
>>
Third person, re4/dead space style combat, but slower. Emphasis on big enemies. You don't kill many. It's more efficient to incapicitate them by blowing off a leg/arm/head and running away. Stealth elements are important, but enemies will act erratically and sometimes straight up cheat to find you. Acting like they have no clue where you're hiding only to beeline to your position.

Shotgun, more than one pistol, a bolt action rifle that is not a sniper rifle. And a weapon that you scavenge off the second boss. It's like a goreish needler. Shoots needle like bones. Acts like an smg. Possibly more enemy weapons.

A few of the classics. School, hospital. This would lead into the last third which takrs place underground. Cult has built an underground city. When you enter otherworld while underground, shit gets insane. Really, really insane.

Monsters would be big. I don't know about designs. You would be fighting the same specific monsters for a lot of the game. When you blow off a limb and the monster reappears, the limb comes back either reattached with VERY crude stitching or it just grows back even more disgusting and monstrous. This would happen with heads, arms, legs, torso. Blow a hole in the torso? Next time you see him he still has the hole but now there's barbed wire inside the hole and if he catches you he shoves you through it. Arm blown off? He's shoved a sharp metal pole in the gore and now is trying to stab you.

Would take place in an open Silent Hill. Decent amounts of side quests.

As for main character and story? Male schoolteacher takes bus full of middle school students on a field trip. Accidentally get lost and pass into Silent Hill. Littered around the open world town are your students. You can save or kill them. In the end it turns out teacher was diddling multiple students with consent. The big huge enemies constantly stalking him and never going away fully represent the authorities and school system looming over him.
>>
>>385870141
I'd play it
>>
Minimal combat. Every battle is hard and must be taken seriously. This is hard to balance in a horror game, but I would like something where you really are not someone who's used to fight, but neither that your fighting skills are completely useless. Some kind of system where you have to balance stealth with desperate combat and stamina management with perfect opportunity to attack.
The usual. Guns, sticks, crowbars, shotguns. Things you could actually find anywhere. Not uzis and katanas like in SH3, please.
It would be nice to dodge the usual horror places. I don't know, it's hard to be original while still being cohesive with the atmosphere, but maybe "no places" like bus stations, gas stations, motels, places where there should be people but aren't. Maybe make the whole thing "melancholy" themed.
More dark, surreal, unsettling stuff. Beksinski inspired maybe. Aleksandra Waliszewska has some nice stuff too. More inspiration from painting, like the originals, less generic Downpour stuff.
The 90's. Vhs, radio noise, flashlights, no cellphones. All those are essentials.
Nah.
What I like about the originals up to the seriously underrated The Room is how tightly focused they are thematically and how serious the themes are. Some dark, unused theme that would vertebrate the whole thing would be necessary, something like addiction, or obsession or some dark subject like pedophilia or family abuse. I'd avoid to follow the SH2 formula too. It was cool that time, but not every SH game needs to be SH2. Maybe just someone following some other one into SH and then just having to face that other people horror there. No "it was me all along" twist.
>>
>>385870141
I don't really care for the Cult stories too much. I prefer Silent Hill 2, Downpour and Shattered Memories sort of story. Not that the ones other than 2 were all that good, I like the more character driven stories.
>>
File: disdain.gif (1MB, 320x286px) Image search: [Google]
disdain.gif
1MB, 320x286px
>>385867623
Ugh. Now I'm disgusted and dumping this thread out of desperation.
>>
>>385871252
I preferred the out door sections in the Silent hill games more than being stuck in a hospital or a sewer for a few hours. Smaller dungeons like motels and gas stations would be cool
>>
>>385871512
One thing I love from SH2 is how you are constantly descending. Maybe something similar would be done again, starting in huge open areas and advancing more and more into claustrophobic spaces, shutting yourself in while advancing.
>>
I have someone re-HDify the original quadrilogy with the original stuff polished

Then I bury the IP forever
>>
>>385865145
>combat
a more refined version of the original Silent Hill combat. better control mappings maybe, it wouldn't really be a whole lot different.
>weapons
civilian type of weaponry, like pistols or hunting shotguns. only ONE police weapon, which the ammo would be rare to find as it is the best weapon.
>dungeons
the usual dark-world alternatives to real places in Silent Hill, such as the hospital. throw a few new places in.
>monsters
i'd hire Junji Ito and tell him to go buck wild with the story and setting in mind.
>decade
probably the late 90s?
>other towns
dunno actually, maybe?
>story
yada yada evil cult, angry and damaged white man haunted by his past, deranged locals
>>
File: 1330068130148.gif (1MB, 401x409px) Image search: [Google]
1330068130148.gif
1MB, 401x409px
>>385867623
I don't even care if this is bait, fuck this shit.
>>
You bring the fight to the aliens' homeplanet
>>
>>385870141
I like the kiddie diddler and enemy idea. Maybe all the humanoid enemies are like the nurses but instead are dressed like schoolgirls.
>>
>>385872182
Shibu is final boss.
>>
>>385865145
Vietnam veteran goes to Silent Hill. Hilarity ensues.
>>
>>385873389
Jacob's Ladder?
>>
>>385865145
Renew silent hills, convince kojima to take inspiration from re7 in terms of gameplay and level design. No breakable weapons, unlimited inventory as per usual, fill the town with lota of optional buildings to explore that contain hidden goodies but also side characters and boss fights/mini dungeons that can be missed. Model portions of the town directly after small town squares in the midwest. Return to old silent hill at one point fully recreated in the fox engine. First person or third person the entire time(if third person the camera would control the way it does in 1-3). Plot is that norman reedus' son and wife were killed by a serial killer who is never caught. Years later he receives a message taunting him claiming that the killer is in silent hill. He goes there for revenge and the rest should be obvious, spooky shit ensues. Game features new game plus, ufo ending, special/joke weapons on multiple playthroughs and a hard mode that alters enemy placements, movesets and item locations
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.