[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Hotline Miami a good game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: Hotline_miami.jpg (70KB, 670x377px) Image search: [Google]
Hotline_miami.jpg
70KB, 670x377px
Is Hotline Miami a good game?
>>
>>385863206
Maybe
>>
I don't know
>>
i dunno i don't even play video games
>>
Can you repeat the question?
>>
dont remember
>>
>>385863206
Very much so. The sequel is a step down though
>>
>>385863875
Get a load of this fag
>>
>>385863206
I like it, though if you have a shit mouse it's pretty frustrating.
>>
Midnight animal
>>
>>385863206
its a good game, its just not a good hotline miami game
>>
>>385864073
2 has much too large a focus on gun use. People say that it's "harder" and therefore better but in most levels the best strategy is just to either repeatedly peek around corners shooting or abuse the shitty AI to lure gunmen to corners so you can kill them. 1 had a level design so that you could just pick up a bat and go ham on people and it'd work out if you had enough skill, 2's difficulty bump just makes it slow paced.
>>
>>385863206
do you like hurting people?
>>
>>385864179
Don't you mean A story of love and forgetting?
>>
>>385863206
I loved it at the time, but upon replaying it. Nah, it was a fad. Catchy music tho.
>>
>>385864459
It's not a fad you're just a fag
>>
>>385864378
>1 had a level design so that you could just pick up a bat and go ham on people and it'd work out if you had enough skill, 2's difficulty bump just makes it slow paced.

Get a load of dis gai. This faggot thinks you need skill to go melee in Hotline Miami. That's one of the things that HM2 did right, they fixed how fucking broken the time mask and melee were.
>>
I like turtles
>>
>>385864549
Does anyone even give a shit about HM anymore? It's definitely a fag, people only loved it due to the hype and it was fun for its time until you realize how shallow the gameplay is.
We have a mothafucker here who thinks going melee in HM1 was a challenge or feat worth mentioning when anyone could do it because it's just that easy.
>>
>>385864616
The fact remains that melee in 2 is completely nonviable unless you're willing to blatantly abuse the AI.
>>
It was a good waste of 10 bucks and 5 hours, 1 > 2 and it had some really great tracks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spx9QjcsEDE
>>
>>385864073
I honestly preffered the first's smaller level. They could at least fit on your screen. I got killed too many times by ennemies off the screen in the second one, even by using the long view option.
>>
hotline miami is a good game
hotline miami 2 is a good game but not as good as hotline miami 1

ignore anyone that tries to unironically talk about the story because they are fucking idiots that missed the entire point of the games
>>
>>385865000
Are you a pro gamer? You sound really skilled and accomplished. I hope your freakish videogame skills serve you well in life.
>>
>>385863853
youre not the boss of me, now
>>
File: 1499817573448.jpg (21KB, 276x395px) Image search: [Google]
1499817573448.jpg
21KB, 276x395px
>>385863206
>>
>>385865223
Get off your high horse. You may like the way the devs took with the story for Hotline Miami, but in Hotline Miami 2 they focused a lot on the story, tying up everything that was vague about the story in the first game.
>>
File: played.png (223KB, 1048x160px) Image search: [Google]
played.png
223KB, 1048x160px
Still one of my favorite games. Someday I'll get good at it and make it sub 30min (ng+ all levels).
>>
>>385865223
I'm not sure whether to be mad or impressed that they made a shit sequel with a shittier story purely from an artistic standpoint which is rendered null by the fact they made the sequel regardless
>>
>>385863206
Pretty good games, both of them.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.