[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did you think of the Sega Saturn?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

File: box.jpg (80KB, 900x566px) Image search: [Google]
box.jpg
80KB, 900x566px
What did you think of the Sega Saturn?
>>
I think that SEGA SATURN, SHIRO!
>>
>>385861895
[deep choir]
S E G A T A, S A N S H I R O
>>
>>385861721
>Sega System without any major new Sonic titles

Is this a joke? I've been waiting on the funny part for over a decade.
>>
>>385861721
underrated console. If it were bigger in the US Panzer Dragoon RPG would have blown people's minds. Came out the same year as FFVII but did so much more.
>>
>>385861721
I have several and it's my favorite console of that generation
>>
>>385861721
I think you tried this thread yesterday and it's going to fail again. 99% of /v/ wasn't even alive during the saturns short lifespan. Hell I was 5 or 6 when it came out and only played it at my babysitters house. Sonic was ok, Virtuafighter, Panzer, and Nights were cool enough. There wasn't much else to the system besides PSX ports than were mostly inferior. I guess i liked the port of Resident Evil since it had that battle mode with Zombie Wesker and Golden Frieza.

Honestly the most memorable thing about the console was how bad it got BTFO by the PSX, both before release (299 USDOLLARS) and during the lifespan.
>>
File: Segasaturn-na.png (205KB, 1075x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Segasaturn-na.png
205KB, 1075x1024px
>>385861721
I absolutely love the Saturn to death and have for years but the vast majority of /v/ doesn't know anything about it.

Some of us still love you Saturn <3
>>
it's old enough for /vr/ right? would probably get a better thread there
>>
Great system for those into Japanese arcade games at the time. It also had a few strong RPGs and SRPGs with games like Sakura Wars and Black/Matrix.

PS1 > SS >>> N64. PS1 wins overall with sheer quantity. N64 only wins if it was your first childhood system and you never played anything that wasn't localized.
>>
>>385863039
The punchline's coming in 14 days anon

LIGHTS, CAMERA, ACTION
>>
File: 2338298-hs.jpg (48KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2338298-hs.jpg
48KB, 1280x720px
>>385863039
the funny thing is that NiGHTS is made by Sonic Team and is infinitely better than Xtreme ever could have been. Then you have the deluded sonic fans screaming about how Yuji Naka refused to allow Sega to continue to use his engine (without any permission whatsoever) as if this piece of shit would somehow have been better: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzvS_beXtXk
>>
>>385864359
they have this thread every day anon
>>
>>385864509
>Sonic fans care about game quality
Sonic fans just want to see Sonic in Sonic games, no matter how shitty they are.
>>
>>385861721
The WiiU of it's generation.
>>
All I know is that Bernie Stolar dropped the ball with the RAM cartridge.
>>
>>385864915
No, the Wii U is the dreamcast of its generation. The Saturn had a few good games but it didn't deserve to win and be loved the way the dreamcast did - it had everything going for it except Sega. Thanks to the Saturn for fucking everything up.
>>
>>385864915
Not even fucking close, the Saturn has games
>>
>>385861721
Too fuggin expensive
>>
>>385865151
>The Saturn had a few good games but it didn't deserve to win and be loved
That's the WiiU alright.

>>385865243
lmao
>>
Top three console of all time but the sheep are still sleeping I see.
>>
Underrated gem. And it had NiGHTS, my fave game of all time.

If only finding games for it wasn't harder than squeezing blood from a stone...
>>
>>385861721
"We make best 2D console ever."
"But everyone else is going 3D."
"Okay put 3D stuff on then."
"But now the console is a maldesigned piece of garbage, it's expensive as fuck, and it's going to be hard as shit to develop for."
"Too bad, also keep old consoles going and make new addition."
"But that will just take up shelf space."
"REEE DO AS I SAY BAKA GAIJIN."
"Can we at least get some more imports?"
"lol no"

"REEE BAKA GAIJIN HOW WE FAIL THIS ALL YOUR FAULT REEE"
>>
>>385865478
>lmao
But it does lmao
>>
>>385866259
get a phantom universal pal, it's $30 and super easy to install
>>
>>385866408
Close. The additions were made because Sega of America safely thought the Saturn was still at least a year away.

Then along comes Sega of Japan, forcing them to release it sooner.

And no imports is because of Bernie "Five Star" Solar.
>>
File: IMG_3478.jpg (586KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3478.jpg
586KB, 1200x900px
Japanese White Saturn and the Red Sharp Twin Famicom are my favorite console designs.
>>
>>385866606
Maybe if you're a weeb or live in Japan.
>>
>>385866408
honestly the bigger problem at least from a developer's stand point was the piss poor dev kits and software. Sega actually DID release a VASTLY improved one by 1998 but as you can imagine by then it was way too late. Don't believe me?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foZUcPQAMvg

virtua fighter 3 (unreleased) is also super impressive
>>
>>385866784
I was importing even back then anon. Many imports didn't even require moon knowledge. Sorry you missed out on so much.
>>
>>385866704
>And no imports is because of Bernie "Five Star" Solar.
Wrong. Stolar was pushing for more imports, Sega said no.

Fuck, Sakura Wars by itself would've been a juggernaut if they localized it for the west, including the anime.
>>
>>385866752
anonfriend, mind telling me what CRT that is?
>>
>>385867397
It's a PVMeme
>>
File: C0g3p6kUAAAUjrk.jpg (29KB, 704x400px) Image search: [Google]
C0g3p6kUAAAUjrk.jpg
29KB, 704x400px
>>385861721

It is my friend. It fights for our freedoms. Never forget its sacrifices so that we may live.
>>
>>385866613
>phantom universal
If anything anon should just get a pseudo saturn while we wait for the USB plugin to be finished, the beta boards are already being produced. The era of soldered modchips for the Saturn is well in the past
>>
File: Kamen Rider 1.gif (953KB, 320x239px) Image search: [Google]
Kamen Rider 1.gif
953KB, 320x239px
>>385861895
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.