[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happened to video game journalism? Remember when it was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

What happened to video game journalism? Remember when it was about graphics, gameplay, and whether you should get a game or not?
>>
>>385858816
no
>>
>>385858816
>video game journalism
Actually, why is something so fucking retarded allowed to exist?
>>
>>385858816
The video games aren't art argument happened and college dropouts took it way too seriously.
>>
>>385859226
You're probably underage if you never bought gaming mags as a kid.
>>
>>385859226
What else are liberal arts majors going to do?
>>
Video game """journalism""" was always just shills repeating what the publishers told them to say so they could get preview copies. The "journalists" are just nerds who wanted to play games early. The only thing that's different now is what the publishers are telling them to say. There has never been a single article in a video game publication which would even qualify as "journalism" to begin with.
>>
>>385859390
I did with N64, and it sucked ass even back then
>>
>>385859716
Yeah you're underage if you started with 64 sorry.
>>
>>385859226
well, there are news sites for a lot of hobbies
why do football players need a 24 hour news channel?
>>
>>385858816
what is journalism?
nowadays to qualify all you need to be able to do is write a journal.
Fuck the blogosphere for allowing retard normies to speak their shit minds
>>
>>385858816
liberals from college were encouraged to go into game journalism because it's the easiest way to control the companies that make games.
>>
>>385858816
>Remember when it was about graphics, gameplay, and whether you should get a game or not?
No. Journalism has always been shit.
Now. Yesterday. Last Week. Five years ago. Ten years ago. Forty years ago. Five centuries ago. Your mom ago.
Journalists with the same opinion all group up and make a platform for them to spew their narrow views. And as time goes on, their opinions always fester and become an extreme agenda.

The only place to get an even remotely real opinions on something are unfortunately in shitholes like /v/ as long as you swim through the shitposting, fanboying and those parroting things despite having not played it themselves to find reasoned posts. No opinion can be well formed without some real multiple perspectives, arguments, shitposting the likes of which you get here.
>>
>>385858816
California.
>>
File: Battler_mike.png (4KB, 163x163px) Image search: [Google]
Battler_mike.png
4KB, 163x163px
>>385858816
>What happened to video game journalism? Remember when it was about graphics, gameplay, and whether you should get a game or not?

Nothing and no. Since you are either a dumb reactionary faggot wanting to get upset over blatant meme bullshit about how the bygone days of it were better and shit when it has always been just as shit ya emotionally gay little faggot.

Nothing has changes except you. And even more you are not the target audience anyway so why whine like a little bitch of modern gaymen journalism? Like shit how fucking lame are you and people who think like you can you fucking get to whine about media reviewing toys not being aimed at you?
>>
>>385862764
Anti-reactionary partisans have a huge problem with video game journalism going for a more lucrative and possibly sensationalized agenda.
>>
i have yet to really bother with stupid shitty articles for my game purchases, i just look at youtube footage of gameplay and ask around about the controls etc
you konw you have these options and most of you don't even do this simple shit
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.