[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which is the inception of games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: inception.jpg (970KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
inception.jpg
970KB, 1440x900px
Which is the inception of games?
>>
Literally persona 5
>enter an enemy's consciousness and try to change their mind
>>
File: 1497133460979.jpg (71KB, 590x713px) Image search: [Google]
1497133460979.jpg
71KB, 590x713px
>>385846804

Remember Me if you want people re-organizing dreams and memories to make them do something.

Metal Gear Solid series for sheer scope and complexity.
>>
Watch Dogs
both dogshit and dishonest forms of their medium
>>
>>385847127
The problem with the MGS series is that its less complex and more nonsensical. It hits you over the head with really dumb things like how every one has an eye patch and theres only room for one snake and one boss and then expects you to sit in awe for an hour while a character comes back from the dead, again, to vomit out exposition to the player so you dont miss a beat!

Love those games but fuck are they stupid.
>>
>>385847437
>comparing inceptiokino with watch shit

you have to go back
>>
>>385847546
>you have to go back
>liking nolan
fuck off you retarded pleb.
trying watching 『狂った一頁』sometime.
>>
>>385847437
>literally nobody liked watch dogs
>inception has great ratings, liked by most people, won 4 oscars and features in all time best lists

ok
>>
>>385847715
Nolan's pretty crap, but Inception was actually a somewhat good movie which had plenty of really great ideas - the twist of how Cobb knew inception was possible was well laid out and there are plenty of enjoyable parts that would have been cut out were the film in the hands of any old John. Plus the score's top tier.
>>
>>385847715
inception was the best nolan movie tho
>>
>>385848471
>>385848239
not him, but daily reminder that the plane scene in the dark knight rises exisists
>>
>>385848549
Yeah, it's known that Nolan films have terrible dialogue, and I'm personally of the opinion that capeshit is without fail worse than Bollywood films because they operate on basically the same level of sophistication. Nolan can sometimes put out worthwhile stuff that isn't overwrought shit.
>>
-The Matrix: Path of Neo
-American Mcgee's Alice
-Alice: The Madness Returns

These are the only ones I could think of that deal with dreams or alternate reality, that really do it well.
>>
File: wait a minute that card.jpg (275KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
wait a minute that card.jpg
275KB, 1024x576px
>>385846804
Depends, are we talking about content or context?
>content
Probably Remember Me, since it's the only game I can think of where you go inside people's dreams like that.
>context
Easily Bioshock Infinite. Both shit products from legendary creators that pseudo intellectuals rave over to make themselves feel smart.
>>
>>385847446

Haha okay, you know what? I agree. What you said is true.
>>
>>385849234
>>385849034
>>385847127
I was thinking more context wise.
>>
File: Mirror Neurons.jpg (54KB, 1158x450px) Image search: [Google]
Mirror Neurons.jpg
54KB, 1158x450px
>>
>>385846804
Half life
>>
>>385848239
What twist? That is the premise of the entire movie.
>>
>>385849723
watch the movie again
>>
so you want western games that ripped off japanese games?
>>
>>385850402
weebs are not humans
>>
deus ex
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.