[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why the hate ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

>>
HMMMM... Remind the card.........
>>
because it's trash
>>
>>385845113
Because all these brainlets can't comprehend a true thinking man's shooter.
>>
>>385846247
I love this game, but there isn't anything remotely 'true thinking man's' thing about it. Nice bait btw
>>
File: Bioshock Infinite Metacritic.png (7KB, 646x96px) Image search: [Google]
Bioshock Infinite Metacritic.png
7KB, 646x96px
>>385845113
It's not as bad as /v/ claims it to be, but it's also no masterpiece like most critics say (who would've guessed)
>>
>>385845113
gameplay sucked and so did everything else
>>
>>385845113
Bad gameplay
VERY bad map design
VERY bad weapon and plasmid design
Weak shooting
1999 mode was a peter molyneux-level lie
Awful plot and writing
Nice artistic design
Nice music
Hot but obnoxious waifu

It was everything wrong with the industry in a nice 60$ package
>>
>>385845113
I loved it
>>
>>385845113
W A I T A M I N U T E
>>
streamlined to a fault and pretentious
>>
>>385845113
It's a game made by intellectuals, for intellectuals. Most people on /v/ can't comprehend the intricacies of quantum mechanics present in the game(the "time travel" aspect of the game) and instead of trying to understand the game they willfully choose to bash it instead
>>
File: Bioshock Infinite.jpg (36KB, 680x684px) Image search: [Google]
Bioshock Infinite.jpg
36KB, 680x684px
>>385845113
I played it once. i was fucked for a few days after.
>>
>>385852241
Same. Was thinking about it for days after the game ended.

I enjoyed it.
>>
>>385845113
x1 x2 x2
>>
>>385851168
*blocks your path*
>>
File: KenLevine.jpg (461KB, 1412x1540px) Image search: [Google]
KenLevine.jpg
461KB, 1412x1540px
Heard you kids are talking shit about my game
>>
Elizabeth has a good design, but she's a 2-dimensional personality
Gameplay is bad, but at least the sky rails are fun
momghost is an horrible boss fight
The story is pretentious and full of plotholes
The art is great, though.
I've heard that the game and story was scrapped twice, so that's probably why we ended up with what we got.
>>
>>385845113
God tier reviews by all. Users on meta critic and overwhelmingly positive on steam.

/v/ is mad because they got btfo. They said people would realize its bad after the intial hype by viral marketers died
>>
>>385845113
you can easily run through this on the hardest difficulty if you put most of your points into salt
>>
File: wipe away the sweat.png (94KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
wipe away the sweat.png
94KB, 300x300px
>>385845113
The plot and writing, along with map design was pretty fucking bad. In addition to this, the weapons have a lot of issues, with the main issue being that the Vox weapons are typically inferior to the Columbian Weapons in every way, and pollute the weapon pool as weapons of the same type (C Rifle/VP Rifle, C Shotgun/VP Shotgun) don't share ammo.
Plasmid design felt pretty poor, with lots of abilities that didn't stand out, and a couple that did.
Elizabeth was a little uncanny valley at times with how she looked, but the more important thing was how poorly implemented she was. There was so much more to do with her than make her an invincible companion ignored by enemies that gave random shit to you at times. She worsened the plot holes and led to some lazy as all getout moments
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=muJYTeQlvC4
>>
>>385855339
>the weapons of commie minorities are inferior quality to the white mans
>/v/ somehow doesnt like the realism
>>
>>385845113
Because it wasn't what was shown in the original E3 trailer. Which, considering the trustworthiness of anything at E3 in the first place, is saying something.
>>
>>385855562
Oh no, I love that all that hard work getting them weapons resulted in terrible, inferior weapons, it's exactly what those shit-stains deserved
What I didn't like is how I had trouble getting the good guns because of how common the garbage ones became
>>
>>385855548
It could have been one of the greatest games of all time, even better than the first Bioshock. A meaningful and insightful, long and in depth adventure through this early American utopian society. Instead they rushed through it, and crapped out some bizzarre, unfinished forgettable game with a forgettable and questionable story line and no real substance. Something like that.
>>
>>385855721
It makes (A little) sense considering how many people were fleeing. But yeah, the whole game was just an unbalanced,unfinished mess
>>
I preferred the very reality-grounded bioshock than this.

Portal? That's literally fucking magic bullshit tier. Elizabeth is a damn useless Mary Sue. Why did they have to shoehorn her in Rapture???
>>
>>385856304
>reality-grounded bioshock than this.
Ah yes, the very realistic situation of a city underwater funded by a slavic billionaire in the 50s. Where science discovers sea slugs are capable of powering special abilities that defy physics.
>>
I have not enjoyed any Bioshock game. I can't understand what you people find so fun about them. I guess the first one had a novel setting, but holy hell is the shooting bad. Enemies barely react to your shots and are all bullet sponges.
>>
>>385845113
Downgrade in gunplay after the second game did it so well.
>>
If you could have more than two guns at a time or two vigors at a time, then it would have been fine. They completely crippled the combat and gameplay.
>>
>>385856604
Survival horrors almost never have good shooting because thats not the central gameplay. Not using it as an excuse but yeah.
>>
>>385856882
Bioshock isnt scary and barely has ammo management, its just a corridor shooter with a neat atmosphere and interesting setting.
>>
>>385857359
Its still a survival horror though.
Your subjective opinions dont discount that.
>>
File: BI.jpg (564KB, 1018x903px) Image search: [Google]
BI.jpg
564KB, 1018x903px
>>385845113
The thing that pissed me off the most, more than the shitty gameplay and Ken Levine being a complete hack and writing about something he knew nothing about, was its handling of racism. Games want to be taken seriously as a deep, mature medium and then they give you completely PG portrayal of things like racism. Have some balls,
>>
I won't speak about the gameplay, since that base has already been covered by plenty of folks, but a big part of the game's theme, whether intentional or not, turns out to be that fighting against slavery is just as bad as fighting for it, and both sides are in the wrong. It's a false equivalence, and whether or not they meant for it to be that way, it makes for a pretty questionable message. Admittedly, my point is borrowed in part from an Errant Signal video, though.
>>
>>385857948
>uppity niggers forget their place and revolt
>fighting against that is wrong
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.