[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which one should I buy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_1686.jpg (71KB, 715x248px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1686.jpg
71KB, 715x248px
New to fightan, and I want to buy one of these today. Never played GG but you guys seem to like it, played SFV at a friend's house and really enjoyed it.
>>
GG is more fun
>>
>>385836204
Tekken
>>
GG nigger literally no one plays sfv
>>
GG. SFV is trash compared to every other SF
>>
Injustice 2
>>
GG is more fun if you're an experienced fighting game player or have friends to play with that are around your playing level, otherwise you're gonna get wrecked online. SFV is more approachable for newcomers but lacks depth (imo) at higher level play
>>
Tekken 7 is out, why would you buy either of these?
>>
If you guy GG you'll play it for 5 hours max and realize it's not for you. Like 90% of the people who have tried that game.
>>
>>385836204
whatever you prefer. sf5 is cheaper and easier but gg rev 2 has way more content but not everyone plays it, it its also a much harder game so unless you dont have the time to get gud at it them you simply wont.
>>
>>385836204
sfv has a more active playerbase and is easier for beginners. get gg only if you're willing to put in the time and effort to kearn.
>>
>>385836498
>>385836286
I don't like Tekken guys sorry
>>
>>385836204
SF5 has now a decent amount of content, it's easy to learn, has a stable amount of players, crossplay between PC and PS4 and free characters aquirable with fighting money you earn playing.

GG has better graphics, it's more "anime" (don't know if for you it's a good or bad thing), has an arcade mode, but lacks people to play with. No crossplay and you ahve to buy DLC characters even after the upgrade, which is bullshit considering people bought revelator at full rpice and then had to buy REV2 for 30 bucks without those DLCs.
>>
>>385836204
GGXrd so you can practice for Dragon Ball Fighter Z.
>>
>>385836512
What is the online community on PS4 like? A lot of players?
>>
Played both for hundreds of hours. Out of the two games, my first was Street Fighter 5, which I moved to after USF4. The launch was abysmal and the netcode is still terrible after all this time. You will likely fap to the girls more in SF5, but capcom seems asleep at the wheel. (note: evo's big moment was abigail, arcsys was a whole other fightan and a playable Dragonball FighterZ)

Went to GG after got fed up with how bored I got with SF5. It is vastly better. The game mechanics alone make it more interesting (roman cancels allow for a ton of creativity with combos and movement, it's really awesome once you get it down.) It's a little harder to wrap your brain around, but once you get a macro view of how the game is played all the individual mechanics serve a reasonable purpose and you'll loop them into your playstyle without really trying. It just takes awhile to grasp, but it's got plenty of features and content, tutorials, art, costumes, voice clips and the like to keep you interested. SF5 has none of these things.
>>
There's actually people to play with online in SFV
>>
>>385836204
Sf v is no fun. Grab GG just don't expect a lively online community. Also expect to get touched of death. It's best played with friends at low level first.
>>
Skullgirls
>>
File: Dante.jpg (352KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Dante.jpg
352KB, 1280x1280px
>>385836204 (OP)
I would personally say SFV. You've already tried SFV and enjoyed it, so there's no reason not to. That, and it's cheaper. FUCKING GAMESTOP has it for like $20 right now on PS4 (and the first Season Pass for $10), and you can get a PC key for about the same price on G2A and other sites. That being said, if you are interested in fightan as a genre, Rev 2 is one of the best anime fightans to start off with. I'd definitely recommend purchasing that later on.
>>
I pirated GGxrd and I even have problems doing the Dojo combos against immobile enemies. I can't even imagine memorizing each of them and doing against actual enemies.
>>
>>385836985
SFV online is still very active, only takes a couple of minutes to find games.
>>
>>385836985
>>385837851
I would like to add that the online community for SFV is one entity. PS4 and PC are crossplay, so it's not like there's a split playerbase.
>>
File: Injustice begins.jpg (92KB, 600x461px) Image search: [Google]
Injustice begins.jpg
92KB, 600x461px
>>385836204
Injustice 2, most single player content, so your not getting murdered exclusively by professionals on SFV, starving in an empty desert on GG, or getting constant dropped matches on Tekken
>>
>>385836204
Tell me anon, what kind of player are you?
>>
>>385838052
I actually played that at the same friend's house I played SFV. The game feels weird to play and the characters move weird and the overall art I don't think is pleasant to look at. That's why I didn't include it as a choice.
>>385838095
What do you mean? Casual I guess since I'm so new
>>
>>385837827
A lot of the dojo combos aren't necessary to get you through fights

Unlike SFV, there are a bunch of ways to skin a cat, the dojo just shows which things can potentially link together
>>
File: Kermit.gif (893KB, 253x197px) Image search: [Google]
Kermit.gif
893KB, 253x197px
>>385838052
>Injustice 2
>playing fighting games exclusively for single-player content
>>
>>385836985
SF5 has crossplay with PC and it works fine now.

the lobby system is also miles better than the trainwreck that it was when launched.

GG has a very small player base but you can get more matches out of it due to the online lobbies. i recommend getting into discord for gg rev2.
>>
>>385838260
Basically, how much effort are you willing to put in those games?
And what kind of games you like in general?
Because SFV and GG are as different as Battlefield and Titanfall 2 are for instance.
>>
Rev2 is my favorite. I like T7. I don't like SFV. Going to have to go with Rev2 or T7. If you wan't to play a SF, you can always download Fightcade and play the older ones there.
>>
GG if you're a spaz, sfv if you're slow.
>>
>>385836204
GG is a far better game in practically every way but it will probably cost a you little bit more and the online will probably never be as active as SFV. SFV is also lot easier to get into as well if you haven't played many fighting games before so if you just getting into them you'll probably want to start there before moving on to better things..
>>
File: fuck you herc.gif (950KB, 320x234px) Image search: [Google]
fuck you herc.gif
950KB, 320x234px
>>385838424
For the sake of longevity for the 99.9% of people that aren't going to EVO and have nothing to do in SSV after failing to beat normal level trails, watching the 2+ hour anime video of GG, or NOTHING beyond purchasing Tekken 7
>>
Honestly, you'll drop GG real quick. There's just too much going on during battle and it takes five times the effort to get barely decent compared to SF.
>>
>>385836498
Because tekken is button mashing garbage aimed at casuals
>>
Buy GG, go through its tutorials, make sure to not play it for more than 2 hours

If you feel overwhelmed refund it and buy street fighter
>>
File: Fighting Games Tier List v1.3.jpg (2MB, 1500x3000px) Image search: [Google]
Fighting Games Tier List v1.3.jpg
2MB, 1500x3000px
>>385836204
>>
File: Laughing Grass Woman.png (1MB, 724x724px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Grass Woman.png
1MB, 724x724px
>>385838954
Maybe people like playing a two-player-focused competitive game to, I dunno, compete with another person? Fighting games these days are designed for competition in mind. If that doesn't jive with you, maybe you should stick to Soul Calibur 2. Also
>failing to beat normal level trails
>in fucking SFV of all games
You have to be projecting right now, because 99.9% of people who would actually care about trying those COULDN'T fail the Trials. Combos in SFV are piss-easy for a large majority of the cast.
>>
>>385839226
this isnt bad advice. GG has solid tutorials that teach the basics of fighting games. they'll be tough if you're a newcomer, but if you feel like you can't ever handle it, stick with SFV, which is better for the occasional casual match
>>
>>385840079
It has to be noted though that "overwhelmed" doesn't mean failing a single challenge, some of the trials are pretty darn hard and by no means have to be mastered
>>
File: The weak should fear the strong.png (691KB, 742x834px) Image search: [Google]
The weak should fear the strong.png
691KB, 742x834px
>goobers
>>
>>385836204
SFV is way shallower but it's online is way more active, GG will take more work to learn and get good at and you'll have to put effort into finding games
>>
>>385839129
You must be retarded or just have played Eddie if you genuinely believe that
>>
Do you want to play a "fighting game" or do you want to get into "fighting games" as a genre

GG teaches fantastic fundamentals and will pave the road to you jumping into other games if you want to. Plus that new dragon ball fighting game is coming out which will be very similar to GG.

If you just want to play a fighting game though, street fighter is far far simpler for a casual play every now and then, and you won't have to sweat to find games
>>
>>385841402
what is up with anime fightan games and always having really fucking weird sequel names?
>>
>>385836204
If you're new, GG has the best fucking tutorial. But it's pretty dead, so you have to dive headfirst into "fgc" to find someone to play with.

SFV is shit. It might feel fun because your lack of experience, but it's shit.

Tekken 7 is great. A lot of player of all skill levels, fun game, but complete lack of tutorial will fuck you up. You will have to watch youtube to get the grasp of basic shit.
>>
>>385836204
>>385836204
>>385836204
This is a horrible place to ask about fighting games.

Between those two games, SFV is a much better bet, because it's much more accessible and much easier to find matches for. GG has a very intense pressure and okizeme game which makes new players feel like they can't press a button without getting blown up. Because of that, you're much more likely to screw around in training mode until you drop the title.

If you pick up Street Fighter V, you can watch some tutorials and play Ryu for about ten hours to get a basic feel for fighting game fundamentals- zoning, anti airing, throwing, invincible reversals, basic inputs, cross ups, etc. Street Fighter also has much, much easier execution, which is good for new players because you develop fundamentals by playing against other people, not by practicing character specific combos (not saying low execution is generally good, but it's much better for new players). SFV is a much better title for new players, and has much better player retention because it's easier to learn and you'll find more people on your skill level. If you play Street Fighter you will probably play for some time and get a feel for fighting games, if you play Guilty Gear you will probably give up and waste your money.

A ton of GG fans don't play their games that much, and there's a reason for that. They're not bad, but they're really hard to learn.
>>
>>385839231
>ultra sleep fighter IV in top
09s should just die.
>>
>>385842467
I agree you should
>>
>>385843156
>before SFV
>SFIV is so boring remember how cool turd strike was?
>after SFV
>SFIV IS THE PINNACLE OF FIGHTING GAMES
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.