[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Advance Wars

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: Advance_Wars_Coverart.jpg (135KB, 256x255px) Image search: [Google]
Advance_Wars_Coverart.jpg
135KB, 256x255px
I never had the chance to play the games as a kid and I'm about to play them all for the first time. Can I get a quick rundown on what to expect? Advance Wars thread I guess.
>>
>>385831304

THE TANK DIES
>>
Think Fire Emblem but with no permanent characters, you just purchase generic units and control of the map determines how much money you have to buy shit. Lots of fun, especially in multiplayer and with the map editor.

It's fun stuff, although the tutorial in the first game drags on for too long. AW1 is good, AW2 is the peak, AWDS and AWDoR both go in different directions but are worth checking out too.
>>
>>385832049
Battles tend to go on for longer than fire emblem ones due to constantly making more units btw
>>
>>385832049
Thank you, I understand there's some kind of story, but should I just save the second game for last if it's the best?
>>
>>385832563
Nah, play in order. AW2 builds off AW1 with a handful of new units and mechanics. AWDS adds a shitton of features to AW2 and completely breaks the game's balance because of it. AWDoR just kind of does its own thing and isn't directly comparable to the others in this way.
>>
>>385832718
Alright, thanks.
>>
File: deusmad.png (825KB, 642x640px) Image search: [Google]
deusmad.png
825KB, 642x640px
>>385831304
>all that AW2 multiplayer in the car with the buds

Oh to be 12 again...
>>
>>385831304
They are all good, but dual strike is the best one. Its hard as fuck too. Terrific games, play them all in order.
>>
lash is best girl
>>
File: myman.jpg (55KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
myman.jpg
55KB, 630x630px
>>385833762
Patrician taste. Pretty sure Sami was my first ever fap though because I couldn't wait until AW2.
>>
>>385833683
>Its hard as fuck too
What the fuck are you talking about? It's the easiest in the series, especially its joke of a "hard mode".
>>
File: bored.png (211KB, 500x607px) Image search: [Google]
bored.png
211KB, 500x607px
>>385833762
There's criminally little art. AW has some fine waifus.
>>
>>385832049
This. Also, expect some damn good music.

I prefer it to FE myself. Although I've never beaten a single one of the games, but have gotten far in 2 and DS. I really want to go back to them someday and finally finish them.

>tfw no new game
>>
>>385836621
I was only able to beat the final mission in AW2 by exploiting the AI.
>>
>>385831304
One of the steepest difficulty curves in all of gaming. Good god that mission 20.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.