[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

starcraft: Remastered or LoTV?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: SC_Remastered.jpg (88KB, 736x346px) Image search: [Google]
SC_Remastered.jpg
88KB, 736x346px
what do you tink will prevail in popularity? remastered or LoTV? i know in korea they love BW so that will probably win there, but im talking in general. do you think there will be more worldwide player numbers in SC2/LoTV? should current sc2 players jump ship to (the harder) Broodwar remastered?
>>
>>385826245
im guessing remastered
>>
Heres a pro tip

Sc2 never really took of on korea. Besides some random ass shitty b teamers and the complete bought of stars TaekBangLeeSsang except stork, nobody in korea really cared about sc2.

Gsl finals were always half empty on open spaces like parks, SO GEE I WONDER WHICH ONE WILL DIE FIRST ROFL>
>>
>>385826245
I think SC2 is the better game to play hands down. Pretty much every aspect of the game is superior from a gamplay perspective.

That being said, SCBW is still interesting to watch.
>>
Brood War will return to being the bigger e-sport. 2 is more for casual play thanks to superior controls and co-op.
>>
Sc2 is the better game. It's more entertaining to watch and it requires more skill.
>>
>>385826245
Probably Remastered just for being new
Last I checked SC2 only tells you how many active games are being played, and it's usually 5-10k at prime time. A game can be as small as 2 players and as big as 16, so it's very hard to estimate how many people are actually playing, but I'll say it's about 30-50k players. Classic B.net gives actual numbers and I remember BW having about 30-40k in the early 2000s, so in retrospect I'm surprised SC2 has held up as long as it has for being over 7 years old.
BW will get the esports and more hardcore crowd, but some people will come for custom games. SC2 is basically reliant on its casual modes to stay afloat now.
>>
>>385826245
No question LoTV for the mass market.

Have you replayed old Starcraft anytime recently? I have. It's a bitch to control more than 12 units at a time and an extreme huge bitch to handle more than one energy unit at a time.

Nobody in their right mind is going to want to go back to replaying those old ass mechanics especially if they got used to the new ones.

Only the Koreans who never moved on will play it and nothing will change there because they never moved on to begin with.
>>
File: DaE1juW.png (408KB, 1006x1510px) Image search: [Google]
DaE1juW.png
408KB, 1006x1510px
>>385826245
i think they will be about the same

>>385826812
pic related
>>
>>385827141
Thanks, that makes it a lot more clear
>>
>>385827141

somehow i feel someone jewed this image in favor of sc2.

Theres no way in hell a shit game like it can surpass broodwar in numbers, even if broodwar is almost 20 years old.
>>
File: dead game apparently.png (422KB, 1142x559px) Image search: [Google]
dead game apparently.png
422KB, 1142x559px
>>385827889
nah, this pic related was made on 12/01/2017
good doesn't necessarily mean popular, and RTS is a niche genre nowadays
>>
>>385826479
>korea is the whole world
yes, they play starcraft competitevly, but what about everyone else? does EVERONE play starcraft to play in tourneys? i doubt it.

>>385826493
i also agree. ive been playing the free version of bw and 12 chracters max is a total pain. i hope they change that shit in the remastered version, because thats the only gripe i have in that game, besides no being able to que up SCVs to mine or extract gas as soon as theyre finished building. plus, and this is a pleb type of thing to say, but sc2 looks beautiful, its enviroments, the models, everything, so in terms of a spectator sport, id sure as hell watch sc2 over the muddy, pixelated darkened colors of bw.

>>385826582
possibly. i hops they each have their own competitive scene though, i like both games and imo theyre too different to be classified as the "same game but with better graphics"

>>385826718
i agree on the first half, but everyone else is saying bw is harder and requires more macro and micro managing than SC2. care to elaborate?

>>385826812
it has around 30k~ from some websites that tell you how many games are being played a day

>>385827128
i think people will hop onto BW remastered for the nostalgia feel and others to try out the "father" of modern starcraft, remember/find out how shitty it played, and hop back onto sc2.
>>
>>385828161
>us
>6k matches
>+44k people in chat
seems active as fuck to me, atleast in the american and EU servers.
looks to only be dead in southeast asia
>>
File: 59386873_p0.jpg (72KB, 900x684px) Image search: [Google]
59386873_p0.jpg
72KB, 900x684px
You STILL have yet to climb out of Silver League, after all these years? Oh, anon, I'd almost pity you if not for the fact that you're impaired at the game to begin with. And that's you will ever be. A silver shitter.
>>
>>385827141
>roughly the same number of games being played in every region, with overall difference range being as low as ~200
There's something suspiciously sterile about these numbers
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.