[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Unpopular but Correct opinions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: Andor Drakon.png (31KB, 652x338px) Image search: [Google]
Andor Drakon.png
31KB, 652x338px
You're right and everyone else is wrong:

Tilesets in Roguelikes are bullshit and no self-respecting player uses them. Monsters, dungeons, and characters are much more interesting when you just use your imagination and it's impossible to depict something like an indescribable realm of swirling chaos

inb4 fpbp OP is a faggot because fp would be in the minority because everyone else is wrong
>>
>>385823773
Tilesets ARE for faggots. Don't try to be a special snowflake OP.
>>
>>385823773
Fallout new vegas sucks ass.
>>
MGS3 is the best Metal Gear game.
>>
>muh ASCII clusterfuck
Why are you intent on taking one of the most difficult to enter genres and intentionally making it harder for people to get into them? Do you not want more intrest->more games?
>>
>Monsters, dungeons, and characters are much more interesting when you just use your imagination
Maybe video games aren't the correct medium for you. Try storytelling instead, or dicksucking.
>>
Megaman 2 is far from being the best classic Megaman.
>>
Final Fantasy X-2 is one of the best games in the series.
>>
>>385823946
>>385824030
This is an unpopular opinion thread. Not a reddit opinion thread.
>>
>>385824067
If more games means like what happened with Doom -> CoD I'd rather it stays this way.
>>
>>385823773
why even play a video game
just close your eyes and make believe you're fighting a minotaur or whatever
>>
Everyone who takes Souls PvP seriously is mentally defective and needs to work out their issues with a medical professional.
>>
>>385824193
Not OP, but mechanics can convey things like fear, relief, happiness, etc just as well as visuals can. Someone wanting to break down vidya to just their mechanics is not very likely to get into storytelling.

That being said, I never invested much time into a roguelike.
>>
File: yhink.jpg (31KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
yhink.jpg
31KB, 500x333px
>>385823773
People who make these threads are upset that someone does something different than them and tries to shove their often incorrect opinion down peoples throats

Since im posting in this thread, my opinion is correct no matter what, therefore, op is a fag and tilesets are key to the roguelike genre.
>>
>>385823773
meanwhile in elona+...

ascii is great for some things but being elitist about everything prevents progress. like typing to attack in MUDs instead of binding until you get arthritis. not that more games shouldn't have text interpreters for your actions.
>>
>>385824493
>tfw maladaptive daydreaming
>tfw intermittend exotropia
>tfw i already do that 75% of the day with open eyes while looking like a retarded fuck

Not as good as it sounds senpai
>>
>>385824493
Your imagination does not have game mechanics.
>>
File: 071800fdc0339c52731d1626821ae403.jpg (524KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
071800fdc0339c52731d1626821ae403.jpg
524KB, 1920x1200px
>>385824983
not with that attitude.
>>
>>385824193 (OP)
Which one is better:

>ASCII with explanation: The walls of this dungeon appear to be constructed out of meticulously handcrafted uneven stones of different sizes and shapes, all inscribed full of unrecognizable runes that appear to consist of a single unrepeating message or story.

>Tileset: Single constantly repeating low-resolution texture of a wall with some squiggles
>>
>>385823773
Unpopular on /v/ or in general?
If on /v/
Final Fantasy VII is the best in the series by far
>>
>>385825453
Suck 10 cocks.

What you're REALLY asking is "What is better? A low-resolution image of a wall, where 7 colors and 16 pixels are used to portray a 10'x10' granite slab, or a low-resolution image of a wall where 2 colors and 16 pixels are used to portray a 10'x10' granite slab?"

Shitfucker.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.