[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You will never play a REAL Metroid ever again.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: Metroid.jpg (11KB, 222x228px) Image search: [Google]
Metroid.jpg
11KB, 222x228px
You will never play a REAL Metroid ever again.
>>
>>385823112
AM2R just came out last summer
>>
>>385823112
>our sworn enemy became our friend

fucking REALLY
>>
>>385823112
What is Samus Returns?
>>
>>385824670
Not a real Metroid game.
>>
>>385824857
Nice Scotsman you've got there.
>>
>>385823112
but we're getting 2
>>
>>385824857
Looks like a 2D Metroid game, plays like a 2D Metroid game, I'm pretty sure since it fits those qualities, it's a real Metroid game.
>>
The last "real" Metroid game was Fusion, if we're talking 2D. ZM was just easy, bastardized shit.
>>
>>385823112
I never played a metroid game in my life. What should I play?
>>
>>385823284
Did I miss something?
>>
>>385825047
>He thinks Samus Returns is a real Metroid game
>He probably thinks Fusion and Super are real Metroid games
>He probably wants a new Metroid Prime or Other M.
>>
This thread is retarded.
>>
>>385825459
Super Metroid
>>
>>385825471
>He thinks a Prime game is a real Metroid game
>He thinks a shitty action movie is a real Metroid game
>He clearly started the series late since he doesn't think any 2D Metroid games are real Metroid games
>>
>>385825459
Zero mission
Fusion
AM2R
Super Metroid
>>
>>385823112

Well of course not, how can we expect proper Metroid games in the future when the mindless sheep here worship cinematic garbage like Other M?
>>
>>385826226
No, anything after 2 is not a real Metroid game.

Metroid is defined by it's exploration of a hostile alien environment. Adding in a map system ruined the uniquenss.

It's similar to how NSMB aren't real Mario game, or how Aonuma Zeldas aren't real Zelda games.
>>
File: 1394376434276.gif (218KB, 147x120px) Image search: [Google]
1394376434276.gif
218KB, 147x120px
>>385825471
>probably thinks Fusion and Super are real Metroid games

/v/ gets so fucking carried away with shitposting
>>
File: anthony niggs.gif (652KB, 450x120px) Image search: [Google]
anthony niggs.gif
652KB, 450x120px
RUMUMBUH MUH?
>>
>>385826526
Super Metroid was not my first Metroid. It was my third Metroid after the original and Metroid II. I considered Super Metroid an embarrassment because of how easy it was. I only rented it and never bought it (until it fell down to $20). Metroid II was unique in that it was a Gameboy game. It couldn’t do much. But Super Metroid couldn’t hold a candle to the majesty of experience that the original Metroid was.

When people play the original Metroid today, they find the mechanics crappy and the game super frustrating. These complaints are valid. However, EVERY GAME back then has those issues. Metroid came out in 1986, nearly THIRTY years ago. The original Metroid should not be compared to Super Metroid or to games made in 2015. That’s silly. Look at the games before it and during its time. There is no comparison. The original Metroid was a HUGE game compared to the others. It was very mysterious and a work of art. The endless corridors and the brutal difficulty just add to it. If you use a map, the game becomes straightforward and somewhat easy. However, if you do not, you’re in for a very brutal game that will wipe the paint off your Dark Souls.

I think Super Metroid gets slightly challenging only with Phantoon. Other than that, the game is a cake-walk. The reason why it has aged so well is because the game asks very little from the player like modern games.
>>
>>385826482
>Sean Malstrom
Ooooooooh shit.
>>
>>385826526
It's Sean Malstrom, ignore him.
>>
Define real Metroid game. We got a 2D remake from fans. We get a 2D remake from Nintendo and we get a Prime from Nintendo.
Something has to be a real one in your definition.
>>
>>385825384
>He plays Metroid for difficulty
lol? even then, Prime 2 is harder than Fusion.
>>
>>385823112
We never played a REAL Metroid
The closes we got was Fusion with all that Metroid DNA shit, but Samus was still a third Metroid and human and bird shit
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.