[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the actual, technical difference between DLC and an expansion?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1212678282205.jpg (29KB, 235x274px) Image search: [Google]
1212678282205.jpg
29KB, 235x274px
What is the actual, technical difference between DLC and an expansion?
>>
>>385819542
Steam killed expansions OP

DLC is what exists today, and microtransactions called consumables (these can't be reinstalled)
>>
DLC can refer to any small thing that you download and add to the base game. An expansion is like a big DLC pack.
>>
Expansion is like The Witcher 3 Blood and Wine with a lot of content. DLC is shit like Oblivion'so horse armor.
>>
Game you like = Expansion
Game someone else likes = DLC
>>
>>385819542
DLC
>Minor details that should have be part of base game on first place but publishers realize they could make money ripping base game content into parts and sell to dumbfucks.
Expansion
>New concept of the game bringing major changes on base game and it's content.
>>
DLC means downloadable content.
>>
>>385819542
If you think about it in the context of 10+ years ago, DLC was something small enough you could actually download it while an expansion came on a disc.
>>
DLC is an excuse to sell incomplete expansions.

>>385819724
>expansion is like a big DLC
fuck off cunt
>>
>>385819542
an expansion is like a brand new game

DLC is content that was removed from the game
>>
>>385819724
>DLC can refer to any small thing that you download and add to the base game. An expansion is like a big DLC pack.

Nope, unless you can quantify "big" its still Downloadable Content. It's literally the same shit. Download content to expand the game.
>>
>>385819832
xDD that was so witty and funny!! How do l upvote you?
>>
>>385819542
DLC is small and incredibly overpriced, are close to or similar to the main game in size and usually a better price/playtime ratio than even the main game.
In terms of content, DLC usually adds slight flavor to the main game, expansions are more of the same.
>>
>>385819542
i wouldn't worry about it
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.