[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How old were you when you stopped enjoying video games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 8

File: 1501053690392.jpg (438KB, 2140x3178px) Image search: [Google]
1501053690392.jpg
438KB, 2140x3178px
How old were you when you stopped enjoying video games?
>>
>>385816739

19. Now I'm 24 and enjoy video games again though. It was just I went through a bit of depression at 19.

Video games don't actually ever get unfun or old.
>>
>>385816739
Probably about 17. I'm 24 now and I only like one or two games every few years apart.
I mean, I keep buying everything that looks interesting, but almost every game leaves me with disappointment in the end.
>>
>>385816739
-wall fan would annoy me
-back fan would feel pretty good
-side fan would only get one side of me
-corner fan suffers from the same flaw as wall fan
-ceiling fan a shit
>>
16 for single player games
mulriplayer with friends was fun but i have no friends anymore
>>
Never since I'm not an overly cynical faggot
>>
>>385816739
~16~
>>385817629
I'm the opposite: I'm stopped enjoying multiplayer games and actively seek single player experiences. PC gaming helped me with that.
>>
>>385816739
aircond nigga
>>
>>385816739
>You're a choice

Why is there so much broken english on this board now?
>>
>>385816739
nɒʇ ɘbiƧ
>>
File: 1500569471783.jpg (216KB, 1094x800px) Image search: [Google]
1500569471783.jpg
216KB, 1094x800px
>>385816739
About 18, 20 now

I just don't have the patience to deal with games because now a days, I realize the reward of dealing with all the bullshit in the game isn't worth my hassle. If I am getting annoyed at a game I do something else. The feeling accomplishment of beating a game is gone for me. I'm not really accomplishing anything. It's just 'how much time can i sink into this before I finally win'; and the reward is you get to stop playing the game. wow.

I only play games in short bursts, and do other things with my free time. (Browse internet, go outside, draw, read)
>>
File: 1501595259485.jpg (45KB, 425x301px) Image search: [Google]
1501595259485.jpg
45KB, 425x301px
Never
>>
>>385818410
lol you fucking idiot, the reward is the immersion not the completion

But no wonder you're a fucking mobile phone gamer faggot.
>>
>>385818601
>the reward is the immersion not the completion

Woahhhh, except most games are stupid as fuck, and I'd literally have to be autistic (or a child) to feel even an ounce of immersion from that garbage. And yes you fuck, the reward IS completion, because I USED to get that feeling of accomplishment. I guess I've grown out of it.

But no wonder you're a fucking autist; everything is immersive to you.
>>
>>385818970
Then you need to play arcade style games like ikaruga or challenge based games like VVVVV/super meat boy/etc. They can be played in short play sessions, and aren't grindy
>>
>>385816739
about 18
>>
>>385816739
22 not any time soon

ever since I started getting my own money I enjoy them ever more in my free time.
what the fuck are you doing here if you don't enjoy video games? can't you just go to other boards to shit up the place there?
>>
File: seeegaaa.jpg (194KB, 855x1122px) Image search: [Google]
seeegaaa.jpg
194KB, 855x1122px
I stopped enjoing new games, around the time when BF3 came out (25).

Luckily, there is a endless supply of older games.
>>
>>385818970
>Woahhhh,
>everything is immersive to you
>and yes you fuck the reward is completion
>inbred retard already understands that completion means you stop playing the game but can't link that with what a reward actually means

If you are fucking happy that you get to stop playing a game, that means it's a shit game you fucking imbecile.

Just kill yourself.
>>
slowly, over the past 3 or 4 years. I'm 31 now.

I think about playing video games all the time when I'm at work or whatever, then I get home at the end of the day, take a shit, make dinner and have no drive to play. I'll put on a movie or just chill with the gf.

I feel kind of bad. I play games, and enjoy them, but they just don't feel necessary anymore. I can't obsess over them like I used to. Once I've finished a game, I reflect back and wonder "how much did playing this really impact my life? Would I really regret it if I hadn't?" and usually the answer is no.
>>
>>385818970
>because I USED to get that feeling of accomplishment

Because you were a child. Only children feel accomplishment from videogames.
>>
>>385816739
The fan shouldn't be pointed directly at you. Have it next to you and point in a way that brings a breeze to you but isn't direct. You'll just get yourself a cold.
>>
>>385816739
In my late teens but I started enjoying them again in my late twenties.
>>
>>385821256
Not him but if all "depressed gamers" left /v/, it would become the slowest board on 4chan.
>>
Can't really play anything for more then a few minutes now.
>>
>>385823063
You people need to take a long break fom games if you ever want to really enjoy them again desu.
>>
>>385822363
>Only children feel accomplishment from videogames
I believe this is completely true. I've spent a lot of time getting 100% completion on some games recently, and there is really no sense of accomplishment. There is an immediate feeling of success after completing the hard task, but no actual lasting satisfaction.

I've recently been repairing/modifying some of my old systems, and I find the project of getting them to work is more satisfying than actually playing them now.
>>
File: 1501507934181.png (203KB, 806x416px) Image search: [Google]
1501507934181.png
203KB, 806x416px
>>385822843
One can dream.
>>
>>385823228
>take break from video games in hopes that I will enjoy them more when I start playing them again
>just never start playing them again
>>
>>385823539
Good. Do so, and fuck off.
>>
>27
>no rpg will hit all my ideal sweetspots for an RPG
>fps aren't fun since my skill level stays mediocre and they all are online
>no decent rts that don't take a while to commit to
>survival games always sit either on just a tad too frustrating or too safe and slow
>platformers get repetitive
>gotten too slow for fighting games

I've spent the last 4 days starting at my steam library unable to find anything appealing. Skyrim and Sims 3 are looking appealing but I get annoyed and drop them when I realize how many mods I need to set up.
>>
File: 1500611230641.png (234KB, 477x480px) Image search: [Google]
1500611230641.png
234KB, 477x480px
>>385818970
>being immersed in games makes you an autist
It's literally the other way around, kiddo.
>>
>>385820098
>challenge based games like VVVVV/super meat boy

Nigger those games are about as challenging as climbing a set of stairs where each step was ten meters away from each other.
>>
>>385824386
oh wow sorry i didn't know you were The fucking Wizard and could master every game on your first attempt. Not everyone can be as cool as you.
>>
>>385824564
LOL

No anon, those games have checkpoints and levels every 30 seconds. You have to have a miniscule range of games you'd actually played to think those games are "challenge" based.
>>
>>385824815
>I have to overcome this challenge to get to the next stage
>it's not a challenge based game though!

Are you seriously telling me that the only games that you can call a challenge are ones that have a leftover mechanic from arcade machines that give you a limited number of tries to beat the entire game unless you pay for more?
>>
>>385824815
So you've beaten Super Meat Boy without dying?
>>
>>385824992
>a leftover mechanic from arcade machines

Sure anon, that "leftover mechanic" was something that is more fun than autistic save and reloading every 30 seconds. And it rewarded consistency, rather than crippling autism.
>>
>>385816739
No desk fan?
>>
>>385825551
Sorry grandpa. It might be hard to acknowledge this but your arcade games were skinner boxes designed to extract quarters from your tiny impressionable brain. Clearly it has left a lasting impact on your rationality skills.
>>
never i like videogames
>>
>>385823692
>no rpg will hit all my ideal sweetspots for an RPG

You might want to check out Divinity: Original Sin 2 then. It will come out on September 14th and looks very promising (at least to me).
>>
>>385826527
divinty os was fun and I need to finish it but honestly my ideal rpg is a mix of too many games to be feasible
>>
>>385826041
Anon, all videogames are "skinner boxes". And in an arcade environment games that weren't fun wouldn't get any more money from you, when there were heaps around you that you could immediately switch to.

This is what happens when your entire arcade experience comes from a fucking simpsons episode.
>>
>>385827346
They weren't fun. They were nu-fun. You only thought you were having fun because it was dark and there were loud sounds all around you giving you sensory overload that your autistic brain couldn't handle.

You also missed the second part of that sentence about the extraction of quarters that you got from your parents who dropped you off at the arcade so that they didn't have to actually raise you. Yes all games are skinner boxes, but games that you pay a flat one time fee for are different from ones that have artificial difficulty so that you want to drop more quarters in.
>>
>>385827798
>nu-fun
christ just fucking stop
>>
>>385827798
>They weren't fun

Oh I see.
>>
>>385818410
>>385818970
No nigga you are the autist here if you can't immerse yourself in a video game.
Play an FPS stoned and you'll understand how fun immersion can be.

>>385825551
Having to repeat a game from the beginning is not challenging, it's frustrating. You're just getting a dopamine response from the risk of having to play the whole fucking thing over again.
You are a literal autist who enjoys repeating things. Stop projecting senpai.
>>
>>385828386
>Having to repeat a game from the beginning is not challenging, it's frustrating

Only if the game isn't fun to play. Not every game is the grindfest you think it is. And if you think having to repeat the last 30 seconds you just did ad nauseam is not frustrating at all, then you're a retard with little games experience.

>You are a literal autist who enjoys repeating things. Stop projecting senpai.
>Play an FPS stoned and you'll understand

Jesus, I should read the whole thing before starting to post. Well done, you got me there anon.
>>
>>
>>385829917
>new
>>
About 17/18. Now I'm 25 and I can't play a game for more than 30 minutes. Last game I ever finished was Transistor when it came out originally and before that Bayonetta.
>>
>>385818261
It is a meme you dip
youre waifu a shit
>>
>>385816739
I still enjoy video games but just not the mainstream Western games. There use to be a time I would be in anticipation for Uncharted or Assassin's Creed but now it's boring and stale.

Japanese games on the other hand I enjoy them still. I also notice at 27 I do not play games as much as I use to and am more focused on my future than anything else.
>>
>>385816739
I just drink water to refresh myself, desu
>>
31 here have my life almost fixed so I just play games most of the time and come to 4chan.
I am schizophrenic and don't like contact with people face to face most of the time though, so I have an easier time playing games to be isolated.
>>
>>385816739
I don't think I'll ever get sick of videogames. Even if there's a year of nothing but crap, I tend to replay old games.
>>
>>385816739
but I relapsed in at 31
and now i play again every day
>>
I couldn't play video games a few years ago, took too much time and it felt at least like there were no good games out.

Now I am 27 and I am back to playing, although sometimes getting started feels like a chore when I get into it, its fun

But its just like masturbation, you need to get in there for a bit before you get a response.

Or in other words, I start to play planning on feeling good way into it and I don't just get the fun part from the get go.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.