[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Goatsgoatsgoats

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

/v/irgins I'm calling on all of you. You all actually play games right? You sit in front of a pc or tv at least an hour or two a day right? Is this actually your main hobby?

Prove it. What's your favorite game of all time? Why? Be thourough.

hard mode: objective non-nostalgia fuled thesis.

For me, pic related. I'll dive into my thoughts when this picks up.
>>
>>385814184
You posted it, so it's /thread for me.
>>
File: TTYD.jpg (56KB, 550x415px) Image search: [Google]
TTYD.jpg
56KB, 550x415px
I have so many good things to say about this game

>Memorable music
>Memorable characters
>Grand story
>Comfy atmosphere
>Good overworld hub
>Fun gameplay elements (save for some backtracking)
>Fun levels (Glitz Pit, Train Level)
>Good sense of progression

I love this game so much. I even listen to the music sometimes too.
I think it was right in that perfect timespan when it combined nostalgia and actually robust game design.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j3VL70JpBo&t=218s
>>
>>385814184
I like Zelda because it's fun.
>>
>>385814537
I've been meaning to replay this. I had it and played maybe 60-75% of it before moving on. I loved 64, but I thought this was even better. I feel a lot of great 64 games live in the shadows of their GameCube counterparts. It's just like one is a straight better version. Guess that was their intention though.
>>
>>385814184

Men of War: Assault Squad 2. The direct control and quick switcing between units and sheer scale and ammount of units and vehicles, and the mechanical complexity with each unit have an inventory, all vehicles enterable and exitable and needing fuel, as well as the game almost rivaling Stalker for the ammount of overhaul mods there is (there is even a Stalker mod for MoWAS2, there is also a San Andreas mod where you can fight Grove Steet Nigga's against the Balla's, and a Half Life City 17 mod, anyone who wrote of this game for being muh WW2 is retarded), plus the fact you can switch between playing it with WASD movement and mouse aim controls, or drag and click commands like an RTS with free camera movement just make it the greatest video game I've ever played.

Call to Arms seems great too, but so far is in early access so less content, the direct control is even more in depth though debatable which game does it better. But Call to Arms camera is way more restrictive in RTS mode which is shit, also not as much mods yet but still a large ammount.
>>
>>385814184
My favorite game is fucking your mother that will die in her sleep if you don't reply to this post
>>
>>385815145

Gonna post some old webm's I made of a Star Wars mod and some other mods mixed in for MoWAS2.
>>
>>385815487
>>385815145
>>385815487
>>
>>385814184
Mountain Blade

Because I have a hardon for history, and I always had a hardon for actually playing as a soldier in a battle which was never represented right in any game I've ever played except Mountain Blade.

It gives me a fix because I find having your own mercenary company comfy as fuck. I like the variation of factions and how the community has it's own interpretation on how they act and how their leaders act. The mods are great too when you get bored of the vanilla. The variety of weapons and armour is great and every type has it's quirks, I love that underrepresented weapons like a voulge or a military cleaver are a normal part of the game.

I love the sandbox feel, and I love it how the game doesn't hold your hand whatsoever. You do a small tutorial, you've got a small training camp on the overmap and that's it. You figure everything else by yourself.

The multiplayer is top notch too and incredibly fun.

To finish: There's nothing that really bothers me too much about the game, the worst thing about it is late-game carpet conquest because there's no challenge. If you take a town and manage to hold it, then take over a few more towns/castles that's basically game over for me. If you keep playing the whole game consists of you assembling the lords and going from city to city taking everything over slowly.

9.5/10 , bannerlord never ever
>>
>>385815613
>>
>>385814184
My favorite game is fallout 2, because that game gives me ridiculous amounts of freedom. I like to immerse myself into the game I'm playing, and old fallout games have that great balance between descriptive text and vague visuals that leave room for imagination. I enjoy role playing in it because no other game has this much tools to shape your own character. And all that in a high-stress post-apocalyptic environment and masterfully written and interconnected world. It's great
But recently I've had a real mind-opening experience. I was and still am a huge oldfag when it comes to vidya. I play modern games sure, but none in my eyes ever came close to the older classics. Untill I played Bloodborne. I went in completely blind, I played a bit of DS2 before it and god damn I got my shit packed in. Such a beautiful world building, engaging combat system that forced me to always focus, great fun weapons and movesets, but more importantly I was blown away by fantastic eerie atmosphere and art direction. Then the lore and cosmic horrors kicked in, and experience was just layering and layering with more and more emotions untill the final boss and I was beating him with tears in my eyes.
These fucking japs anon. Now it's my top-3 favorite game after Fallout 2 and Planescape: Torment.
>>
>>385815220
I'm here.. is she ok..? Mommy
>>
>>38581561

Got the mountain blade collection for $5 and just can't get into it. To be fair I haven't tried too hard but what is the point of the game? Am I a tars for playing vanilla? Do you just go to towns, buy soldiers and take jobs?
>>
>>385814184
Ninja Gaiden 2: The Dark Sword of Chaos.
It's the fucking perfect balance between stressing and rewarding, speed-running it is better than fapping.
>>
OP are you gonna elaborate on vtmb or what
>>
>>385815616
Mountain Blade sounds like a DND feat.

But yes mount & blade is fantastic.
>>
>>385815613
>>385815487

because of disney , we will never ever have even a CHANCE of getting a good SW game ever again.
>>
>>385814184
>an hour or two

>>
>>385814485
Yep, I've played VtMB probably about 20 times now, play it every 6-12 months, have tried all the mods (prefer the vanilla game though, most mods don't fit properly or ruin some things), got into some of the bands that were featured after listening to the OST, read more of the lore, etc. The game just has an incredible atmosphere and great characters, and I like that you're able to complete objectives in a number of different ways. Each clan feels unique in their playstyles.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.