[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think of pirating old games that the developers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: 41X3B28XR7L.jpg (26KB, 500x414px) Image search: [Google]
41X3B28XR7L.jpg
26KB, 500x414px
What do you think of pirating old games that the developers refuse to resell?
>>
It's illegal and you shouldn't do it
>>
>>385809687

And no longer sell
>>
File: IMG_9630.jpg (36KB, 248x305px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9630.jpg
36KB, 248x305px
>dude buy our port lmao
No remake, no buy, and even then rarely do remakes turn out to be worth it. Hell it seems like most of the time they turn out worse.

tl;dr Make a new game instead of re-releasing old ones.
>>
>>385809687
I think I have 1.5TB of illegal roms, and I haven't even started on my xbox and ps2 collections.
>>
They are called abandonware and they are legal to download.
>>
>>385809687
Petfectly okay
>>
>been pirating games since the 90s
software piracy is a disease, and shouldn't be demonized.
we need help, preferably by releasing better games.
>>
File: 1499932084839.jpg (6KB, 300x246px) Image search: [Google]
1499932084839.jpg
6KB, 300x246px
>tfw the WoW vanilla private server outrage was just a temporary meme, and everyone put their hopes on a shitposter whose twitter is filled with anime navels
>>
>>385809687
Cancer and theft
>>
>>385813507
more demos
>>
>>385814874
Have you seen the prices on SNES games? Fuck that shit, I'm not giving my money to some greedy cunt. I'll use a flash cart instead.
>>
>>385816074
Retard, imbecile, 25 IQ subhuman nigger.
>steals like a nigger
>can't understand the consequences of what he's doing like a nigger
>wants gibsmedat like a nigger
>thinks the world revolves around his way of thinking and everyone is wrong like a nigger

Pirates are niggers
>>
>>385809950
>Make a new jurrasic park instead of updating the video format
>Write a new book instead of reprinting a classic
>Make a new album instead of rereleasing the old discography

How about you kys? Your line of thinking is exactly why old games are left behind. Gaming is the only idustry that does this.I can still buy a vhs-dvd player and 30 year old CDs at a sony store but I cant fucking buy a copy of spyro 2
>>
>>385809687
I don't care. there's a demand for a product, product isn't sold so someone else steps in and makes it available.
I don't even care about pirating current games. I'll start caring when they stop making millions
>>
>>385809687
It's perfectly normal
>>
>>385809738
warcrimes and torture happen daily but lets all give a fuck about some arrangment of magnets yo.
>>
>>385816423
>le poorfag face
>>
>>385809687
I pirate things here and there but it's usually because:
>I don't have money
>I wanted to try out the product.
>The product isn't sold or can't be found without a torrent

Honestly though with the recent crack down on torrent sites it's harder to easily find shit and get it. You gotta do some extra digging. I also buy whatever I pirate once I get the money too, unless the product is god awful then I just uninstall it.
So yeah, fuck developers if they aren't selling the product I'm downloading only to turn around and tell me I can't download it. If you're not making a profit then why the fuck do you care?
>>
>>385809738
shut the hell up fucking goody two shoes
>>
Its okay if the games are from Nintendo
>>
>>385809687
fuck them. it costs too much for them to reprint it? ohhhh well
>>
I pirate what I want and don't apologize.
>>
>>385816180
yeah because rich devs are going to make better games right? Delusional bitch, go back to church
>>
>>385821594
>t. nigger
>>
If a company doesn't go through the effort of putting the game available somewhere, they clearly aren't expecting to earn any money from it anymore.
>>
I have no problem pirating abandonware, I don't really see the point in buying physical copies of a game that's no longer in print, I'm not a collector. I very rarely pirate new games anymore though.
>>
Go for it. The original company isn't gonna make any cash for it so why bother getting yourself fucked by some nerds selling shit for double the price
>>
>>385816324
Fuck off Sonygro, a book and a game are two completely different mediums. A game can be dated by it's own mechanics and controls of which many old games out side of Sega, Nintendo and the occasional Atari game play like absolute shit case in point fucking Spyro, it plays like fucking ass and is in dire need of at least a remake with better camera controls.
A book or specifically the story isn't limited by the time of creation, in fact that's half of the charm of it and unlike a game you're not going to be fighting with you fucking dumb it was to begin with.
>>
>>385809687
If they refuse to resell or copies are overpriced online I say its justified.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.