[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Silent Hill

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 186
Thread images: 67

File: sh3_13_1600.jpg (173KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
sh3_13_1600.jpg
173KB, 1600x1200px
>ITT: Post relevant discussion to the Silent Hill game series

Do you think that Silent Hill would have been as big of a success without the incredible sound design?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JT0Im48hjRk
don't skip to 0:59
>>
I don't remember hearing that shit at 2:02 at all. Spooky.
Outstanding sound design can carry a lot of games, but it's even important for horror. Hard to imagine what we'd end up with if Silent Hill sounded generic.
>>
>>385809380
No
>>
>>385809380
>Silent Hill thread
Gr8! Time to re-re-re... re-post the SH PC Guide + the DL links:

SH1 NTSC DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!bVUCTJzD!PmnPw4S7fWGyvTjw9S0-RQdk7rRp2BQNuXJqRkZCZvk

SH2 DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!rFcj1SIJ!47JH9M4OrzmQKuaiJ6IqUgmgz_SVNtk4LIYNSa-D-_8

SH2 torrent:
https://mega.nz/#!bYcEnbhC!rYnhvcJiRC46T6yExS0Y61JHZ-5N3WxFvfZMI8xbyhE

SH3 DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!2JNkgJ7b!nfPf5cIs6I5K-sdAs7RcnHvGA2hAvIGdpQuIoBhF3iE

SH3 torrent:
https://mega.nz/#!GVVGRLpD!SyklVbuLIkc38ZYji5QL3sWHKtHt9-Bto700My8pH7c

SH4 DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!Us1XTaII!cglH0dZOaH5yQEm4cnEh3eyUz4bIf6rACQqcVzkb4Hc

Mount the ISOs of 2 & 3, and then run their installers like always.
The SH1 is a PS1 rip that you gotta emulate.
The "sh2proxy" is a all-in-one fix, that works as a no-cd crack as well. It is included in the pack.
If you use the NEW fix mentioned in the guide, you can use the sh2proxy's EXE as the no-cd crack!

In case you experience issues saving the game / not being able to edit the disp.ini, make sure the files aren't set to "Read Only", and run the game as Administrator.
If SH2 gets stuck in a black screen upon launch, close it and re-start it again.

SH2-4 do not support Xinput gamepads. Either use Xpadder, a DirectInput pad, or just play with KB+M.
You can now see some decent emulator settings for SH1 as well in the guide. If the image of the game does NOT fill your entire screen in fullscreen mode, check your plugin AND GPU control panel's image scaling settings!
Also give the new PGXP emulator a shot for a lot less wobbly PS1 graphics.
>>
Fungo is the SH master.
>>
>>385809380
It's the little things man
>>
File: silent hill stare small.png (40KB, 152x156px) Image search: [Google]
silent hill stare small.png
40KB, 152x156px
dumb question, could something like the RaspberryPi run the PC versions of SH2&3?
>>
i actually liked homecoming and downpour
fite me
>>
File: sh2 pc 4K apartment mirror room.jpg (1MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
sh2 pc 4K apartment mirror room.jpg
1MB, 3840x2160px
>>385813826
I don't see why not. The Minimum, and even Recommended system specs for these 15+ year old ports are laughably low by modern standards, something at least Pi3 should pass with little effort.

However, some problems MIGHT surface when it comes to handling DirectX. Sure, the DX7 is old as fuck and prolly easily emulated / even ran on a Linux distro of some sort, but it might end up being the Achilles' heel in the end. Perhaps if you install Windows XP or something on it, instead of mini-Linux? Dunno.

That being said, if my 2011 model craptop with nothing but i3 + HD Graphics 3000 can run these games smooth as butter at 1366x768, even managing to avoid some of the known visual glitches people have reported on desktop PCs, I have little reason to doubt that a modern pocket PC couldn't do the same.
>>
>>385809380
There's a lot of afterthought put into the game, iirc they explain all if not most of the little details that make up the ambiance in book of lost memories (the artbook)
>>
>>385814481
I did too, they dropped the ball on Sound Design but in terms of plot, monsters and themes, they were still spot on.
>>
File: dp boogie.png (176KB, 569x678px) Image search: [Google]
dp boogie.png
176KB, 569x678px
>>385815413
>in terms of plot, monsters and themes, they were still spot on.
what kind of toxic waste have ya been eating?
Especially Downpoor totally dropped and popped the ball when it comes to monster design and plot - or rather, the absolute LACK of it. Both games totally bust the set rules and canon in numerous ways, and HC is pretty much SH Movie x Hostel mashup, with typical Ahmurican Boogeyman subplot. The whole thing also totally falls flat when you can acquire motherfucking UFO ENDING as your very first, regular end!

And themes?
Downpoor's just prisons and clocks and waterslides. HC is > muh brother and a reverse-twists of MC not even having been in the army. Both tack on tons of random TELEPORTATION on top.
>>
>>385815413
>but monsters ... were still spot on.
u fucking WOT mate??
DP especially is totally hilarious, and HC just recycles the film's PH and titty nurses, and reskins SH2's Crawling Figure into smoke-spewer.

>plot....spot on

>MUH ANCIENT RITUAL IN A NON-SH TOWN!
>MUH GUILT! Oh wait, I may not have done anything at all? I may not even exist? Or maybe I'm not feeling guilty at all? Who cares lol!
suuure...
>>
Post your rankings:

2 - 3 - 1 - Lone Survivor - 4 - everything else
>>
File: Harry #1 Daddy.png (15KB, 510x546px) Image search: [Google]
Harry #1 Daddy.png
15KB, 510x546px
>>385816060
1 > 2 > 3 > 4 > SM > > > dog turd > the rest.
>>
>>385815168
Biggest problem would probably be the limited ram Pi3 only has 1gig of system RAM so even something like WinXP would drag the thing down substantially.
>>
It's been a couple of years since I played the first Silent Hill. How was the player to know to use the red goop on that boss? I'm sure it hints at it somewhere but I can't remember.
>>
I really enjoyed this for all the side stories that you could discover with your phone.
>>
File: SILENT HILL 2 PC - Fog Fix.webm (2MB, 1280x540px) Image search: [Google]
SILENT HILL 2 PC - Fog Fix.webm
2MB, 1280x540px
>>385816706
Dunno if that's really a problem. I mean, WinXP's RECOMMENDED RAM size is 128 Megabytes, while SH2's recommended is 256 MB + 64MB VRAM. That leaves quite a bit of room to wiggle around, especially if you don't multitask.

I still vividly remember days when I gamed on my P4 + 1.5GB DDR1 RAM + 6600GT machine, running stuff like UT2k4 + mods without much of issue.

>>385816952
>How was the player to know to use the red goop on that boss?
Multiple playthroughs and piecing together hints given you by memos and the potential "Good" ending.

>>385817126
Actually just replayed, or rather, had a friend of mine play this for the first time yesterday. It's still amazing experience, a great "urban explorer" kind of ride.
>>
File: 032840847.jpg (172KB, 374x500px) Image search: [Google]
032840847.jpg
172KB, 374x500px
I know somebody that says there's no issues with the HD Collection even though I showed them video and picture evidence. It's a bit frustrating but I still like them.
>>
>>385817390
Yes, there are sick people in this world.
It's sad, it's scary, but it's a fact.
>>
>>385809380
>Do you think that Silent Hill would have been as big of a success without the incredible sound design?

Still successful but idk about as successful. The most important part is that Team Silent were bold enough to take what was suppose to be a lame RE clone and make something that rivaled RE instead.
>>
File: Sh1 nothing inside.jpg (38KB, 988x575px) Image search: [Google]
Sh1 nothing inside.jpg
38KB, 988x575px
>>385817818
Great audio-design is THE most important part of creating atmosphere. Even more important than the graphics ever will be.

Visuals may work as the main information feedback system in games, but audio will directly affect the "game-feel". If a gun sounds loud and strong in a shooter, you want to use it more. If a normal-looking situation or thing creates uncanny noises, you get easily disturbed.

Even in SH games alone, there are many scenes where totally safe places are made into terrifying scenes via sound alone.
>>
File: sh cast cute.jpg (420KB, 785x550px) Image search: [Google]
sh cast cute.jpg
420KB, 785x550px
SH1 is the best game in the whole series in general. Best and largest town sections, best main locations, best pacing, perfectly challenging, actually scary, great soundtrack. Lot's of replay value thanks to various endings and unlockables.

SH2 is less scary and has worse pacing, but the symbolism + nice story make it a must-play classic.

SH3 is like a more modern SH1-lite, which suffers from linearity and pacing, plus bit from the recycling of SH2's areas. Perhaps the scariest game in the series in the pure-terror -way.

SH4 is quite underrated game. It's quite damn disturbing and spooky game, that only suffers of some gameplay design-choices, like how the limited inventory works and replaying old areas.

SH0 might've been interesting addition to the series, but the way it handles its themes and tells the story make it a big failure. It tries to "explain" things that didn't need explanation, and just manages to screws up the original lore & even logic! Has poor gameplay and recycless SH2 & Movie's elements

Homecoming = wasted potential. The first "next gen" SH game, that somehow ended up looking worse than the previous-gen games?? Tried to do the RE4 to SH-series, which technically means action-izing the gameplay, which really ain't the series' purpose. Looks and feels like a SH Movie -ripoff.

Shattered Memories got plenty of unnecessary flak even before it was released; I'm guilty of this as well. The moment you realize that it is not a remake of the original SH, but it's very own entity merely utilizing your own memories and expectations of things against you, the game actually becomes a fascinating, atmospheric experience. Cons: Not really scary and puzzles are poor.

Downpour seemed like it'd FINALLY do "next-gen" SH game right by, and not copy the SH2. Yet it STILL did recycle tons of SH2 material, while skipping a lot of that "subtle-ness". The gameplay, visuals, and whole tech were broken as well, and there's technically no story!
>>
3 = 2 > 1 > Origins > 4 > SM > DP > Homocumming
>>
File: 1498272619712.png (463KB, 878x737px) Image search: [Google]
1498272619712.png
463KB, 878x737px
>>385809380
>playing SH3 for like the 4th time
>going through the underpass, know the area like the back of my hand
>suddenly there are pendulums everywhere, numb bodies are wigging out and going super fast, and the walls are covered in blood and tendrils
>start freaking the fuck out because this never happened before and I've never heard of it
fuck that was one of the scariest moments in the series because it was so unexpected, apparently it's an Extra New Game exclusive event and I've never played ENG before.
>>
>>385820642
some of the stuff is also higher-difficulty only content. The difficulty increases with each playthrough, and there's like ten "Extra" difficulty modes after "Hard".
>>
File: RichardGhost.gif (3MB, 267x335px) Image search: [Google]
RichardGhost.gif
3MB, 267x335px
>>385820498
>origins > the room
fuck off, 4 is underrated and origins is ass. 4 has the best story alongside 2, is the scariest, and is actually super unique and tried to change the formula up (and succeeded). It had tons of cool new ideas and was by far the scariest in the series and had amazing atmosphere and visual design. Origins is wet ass in every regard, it just rehashes the SH 1-3 formula but does it poorly, adds a shitty durability mechanic, completely unoriginal, rehashed areas, bland monster designs and the story is not only shitty in it's own right but also fucks with major series lore.
SH4 has some shitty, questionable design choices but it's flaws are vastly exaggerated and nobody gives it credit for all the good things it did and how fresh it was after 3 started to make the formula a little stale.
2>1>3=4>>>Shattered Memories>>>>>>the rest
>>
File: 1498448024565.png (43KB, 328x464px) Image search: [Google]
1498448024565.png
43KB, 328x464px
>>385814481

Homecoming was alright, but Downpour was bad all around.
>>
>>385821142
Origins is a hair above 4 on my list.

Playing the same level twice was done better in origins
>>
>>385821298
even if it was (it wasn't) Origins didn't do anything exceptional to make up for it's flaws unlike 4. There is no reason to play Origins, it's literally just SH1-3 but astronomically shittier. At least HC and DP tried to change things up.
>>
>>385809380

Any thoughts on the Silent Hill HD collection? I've heard it's way buggier than the original versions of Silent Hills 2 & 3 for some reason
>>
File: 1470028361271.jpg (67KB, 680x1020px) Image search: [Google]
1470028361271.jpg
67KB, 680x1020px
>>385820498
DP > Homecoming

I agree 100% on this. That game made me sad and angry beyond belief. Looks significantly worse than a game that came out in 2003, combat that plays like a clunky, barely functional Zelda clone, a story that DESPERATELY wanted to emulate SH2&3 and failed miserably and a completely nothing protagonist. I haven't played it in years and it still offends me to just think about it.

Seriously, why don't you have a quick turn in a game where you need to quickly turn? why is the camera attached to the MC?
>>
>>385821513
I kinda liked it, but your hateboner is justified. I concede
>>
>>385821550

See >>385817496
>>
File: 1470202925442.gif (590KB, 424x208px) Image search: [Google]
1470202925442.gif
590KB, 424x208px
>>385821550

It's buggier because they use an older build version of Silent Hill (which is especially bad on SH2) since Konami lost the fucking source code for one of their best franchises. Then, they had the original VAs replaced by anime voice actors.
>>
Ywn experience this hallway again.

Why live?
>>
>>385821985
Fuck off
Discussion of silent hill games post 4 should be in another thread
>>
File: Lisa.jpg (29KB, 376x300px) Image search: [Google]
Lisa.jpg
29KB, 376x300px
I'm the only one who when play Silent Hill is more depressed than scared?
>>
File: IMG_0436.jpg (126KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0436.jpg
126KB, 1440x1080px
Most depressing video game setting ever.
>>
File: A DUD.png (162KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
A DUD.png
162KB, 500x500px
>>385821289
Homecoming has way better monster design but Downpour is better in every other regard. Downpour is shit but it can at least be taken seriously most of the time,Homecoming is utterly fucking laughable.
>tried to make the combat "better" and more "action-packed"
>made it even clunkier than before when it was MEANT to be clunky in the classic games
>weird flashback cutscenes where Alex is in a bunkbed with his brother and is acting like an annoying 13 year old kid but still has the exact same model and even sleeps in his fucking shoes
>buggy as all tits and has one of the worst UIs in history
>completely 100% linear hallways through the entire game, DP at least had SOME exploration
>titty nurses for no reason whatsoever ripped straight out of the movie, PH shows up for three seconds in a fucking embarrassing fanservice scene where he walks by, looks straight at the camera, and then walks away and never appears again
>monsters that shamelessly rip off Lying Figures and Closers/Mandarins
>best weapon in the game by far is the fucking knife you get at the very beginning
>game has no concept of symbolism or subtlety yet still tries to ape SH2
>rips scenes off of Jacob's Ladder wholesale
>justification for gay action combat is that Alex is a soldier but it turns out he isn't even a soldier
>every character except Alex is a crappy horror trope
>has Order Soldiers as enemies, literally just guys with pipes and guns that ACTUALLY say "I'll cut you up son!" and "I'll get you, fucker!"
>graphics look far worse than 1-4, DP is guilty of this too at times but not nearly as bad
Downpour is utter shit too but get the fuck out of here, Homecoming is an atrocity.
>>
>>385819662
>like how the limited inventory works and replaying old areas.

This wouldn't have been too bad if you could maybe combine ammo like in RE.
>>
File: sh4 vs downpoor.jpg (132KB, 760x959px) Image search: [Google]
sh4 vs downpoor.jpg
132KB, 760x959px
>>385822360
>but Downpour is better in every other regard
it really, REALLY is not.

I have managed to replay HC once so far. DP, however, I don't want to even touch anymore, ever again. Its controls are terrible, gameplay design in general is awful, Murphy is annoying prick who can't shut up, and the game is plagued of many modern cancers and broken tech in general.
It also looks like shit, literally worse than HC in every way, and doesn't even have Akira's music to compensate.

tl;dr: I have no fucking idea how any sane person can even try to defend the existence of Downpoor.
>>
File: getting spooky.jpg (30KB, 736x552px) Image search: [Google]
getting spooky.jpg
30KB, 736x552px
SH1 was what I started with. It's aesthetics draw me in everytime and it is by far the most terrifying. The sound design is adrenaline inducing. Pic related, the scene where you transition from day to night the first time is unforgettable. You always feel like you're being hunted. It's my personal favorite.

SH2 is all around amazing too but it's hard to say 1 is better than 2 or vice versa. 2 is also a very personal game for me. It didn't have that terror factor that I felt in 1, but has a way more interesting characters and the soundtrack is easily the best OST composed for a videogame.

SH3 for me was pretty forgettable. Heather is cute but fierce, she did come off as a brat sometimes but grows up. The gameplay and controls were a lot tighter and more polished. The puzzles, especially on hard, are just insane especially the fucked up brookhaven keypad riddle.

SH4 I didn't particularly care for. The gameplay was awful. The environments weren't anything special. Henry is easily the worst protagonist simply because hes a blank slate with no personality who just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

SH:HC had potential, but trying to compete with Resi with emphasis on action and combat for american audiences I guess, was fucking retarded, and they fucked it because the combat was dogshit. The plot was generic, the puzzles were braindead simple, PH fanservice began here, game was optimized like shit. I did however enjoy Alex ironically enough.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJHP4MK9CtY
Rip bae
>>
>>385823092
I couldn't get into 4 either. Did a ton of shit to get the PC version working but the game just felt pretty mediocre to me.

I also feel like 3 is underrated. I liked the gameplay aspects of it more than 2 and felt it was a scarier game, and Heather is probably my favorite protagonist due to her interesting relation with the whole Silent Hill cult. I like how she just slowly comes to terms with all the crazy nonsense going on and starts to become more relaxed with it as she starts to remember her memories of life as Alyssa.
>>
File: Abstractsh2.png (1MB, 1560x1111px) Image search: [Google]
Abstractsh2.png
1MB, 1560x1111px
Post best monster designs.

In fact, I'll admit monster design is one of the reasons I love SH so much. It's a great source of inspiration.
>>
File: 1470722607686.gif (1001KB, 500x560px) Image search: [Google]
1470722607686.gif
1001KB, 500x560px
>>385822360

They're both bad Silent Hills, let alone bad games in general, anon. But Downpour does so much worse than HC, it's astounding.

>Magical ghost negro that acts as a guide for Murphy
>Murphy constantly commenting on the situation
>Breaking weapons
>The worst monster design in the entire series
>Stupid circus-tier horror with the minecart ride
>Awful graphics that are inferior to older SH games
>Bad music

And worst of all

>Being a bad rip-off of SH2 through-and-through since the developers openly admitted to hating the occult aspect of the franchise, even though it served as the foundation of it
>>
File: 1500429823216.png (699KB, 1893x1397px) Image search: [Google]
1500429823216.png
699KB, 1893x1397px
>>385820498

1 > 2 > 3 > 4 > the rest
>>
File: image.jpg (63KB, 363x411px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63KB, 363x411px
>>385809380
>ITT: Post relevant discussion

I do what i want.

>Harry Mason
>survived Silent Hill
>lives alone in a small flat with a beautiful 17 year old girl with freckled bare skin who HE ISN'T EVEN RELATED TO
>he never remarried
>he never met another woman
>he just lays awake at night
>staring at his ceiling
>listining through the thin walls to the beautiful girl in the next room panting and grunting as she masturbates
>this is almost every night for the last few years
>she suddenly, quite audibly, reaches orgasam.
>He never imagined his Heather could make such savage noises
>silence now
>he continues to stare at the ceiling

A BETTER MAN THAN US HARRY. F.
>>
File: vatiel.jpg (202KB, 600x850px) Image search: [Google]
vatiel.jpg
202KB, 600x850px
>>385823945
Monster desingn in silent hill is one of the best ever made in the history of every medium desu
Do they look like monsters to you
>>
>>385817496
I liked james because he sounded so wimpy and weak. The troy baker James sounds like he smokes 3 packs a day, rides a motorcycle and fucks your girlfriend.
>>
>>385824927
It's amazing that they literally took a random guy to voice him. He wasn't even there for casting.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2761x3185px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2761x3185px
>>385821985
Whenever i want bruh
>>
Why does the Silent Hill wiki think everything is a metaphor for sexual frustration?
>>
So can we all agree all the spooky shit originated from an asteroid and then provoked by native American magic?
>>
>>385825154
Anon, everything IS a metephor for sexual frustration. Especially in 3. The game is about a perky and attractive 17 year old girl. It's fap or thirst city at that age. Plus the whole game is literally about how fertile Heather is so...
>>
>>385825154

Because it takes the sex and death meme too far.
>>
>>385825154
Because every Silent Hill game must be SH2.

In all fairness though there is a large number of monsters that have sexual themes in their design so it's that much of a stretch to try and find it other parts.
>>
>>385825237
sure why not
>>
>>385825038
The amazing thing is that the random guy sound and act better the part than the (((A-list))) voice actor. Fuck HD collection was the worst 50 euros I ever spend.
>>
>>385825154
They put 2 on too much of a pedestal
>>
>>385825339
Honestly though Guy Cihi is great in general. I saw a few interviews with him and he's a pretty chill guy and the fact he got interesting in video games because of his role in SH2 is even better. I hope the game he's working on will be good but so far it doesn't look too well.
>>
>>385825312
THIS. Silent Hill 3 has more sexual themes than Silent Hill 2.
>>385825319
>>385825325
>>
>>385816060
1>2
I haven't played the rest.

I'm still pissed I got the In Water ending on my first playthrough only because I healed when needed.
>>
>>385825869
Why are you pissed? In Water is the canon ending
>>
>>385816060
2 > Everything else.
>>
>>385825536
You mean forgotten memories? Is still in production? Yeah he's a total bro and he's really proud of being part of the silent hill 2 project. He let konami put his voice in the hd collection without being paid just to not dissapoint the fans
>>
File: Deceit.jpg (113KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Deceit.jpg
113KB, 1000x1000px
>>385825987
OH B O Y HERE WE GO
>>
File: redpill.png (47KB, 570x700px) Image search: [Google]
redpill.png
47KB, 570x700px
>>385825987
Fuck you and fuck Guy
>>
>>385825987
Canon is a meme.
You're a meme.
>>
>>385826110
Apparently they released the Android game but it's...not that good. They are making a PC/PS4/XBone version - don't know if it's the same thing or a redo. But it doesn't seem like there's a set date so I wouldn't hold my breath.
>>
File: 1501331047346.gif (3MB, 491x704px) Image search: [Google]
1501331047346.gif
3MB, 491x704px
>Want to buy the Heather figurine
>It's $400 no matter where I look

I wish I was rich.
>>
>>385816212
This to be honest. shattered Memories is still really great.
>>
>>385817496
I mean if it's honestly, 150% the only way you can play silent Hill 1-2 than this is fine. It's not a piece of fucking shit. It's just got a lot of questionable choices made on it.
Ideally you'd still want to play the originals.
>>
What was the thought process on not including 4 in the HD collection? Anyone know?
>>
>>385827067
Probably ran out of budget when they were doing the shitty fog effect.

Or time when they couldn't find the code for SH2.
>>
File: Silent Hill 2 shot 25.jpg (64KB, 640x383px) Image search: [Google]
Silent Hill 2 shot 25.jpg
64KB, 640x383px
>Playing SH2 for the first time while my housemate with Asperger's watches
>He keeps coming up with all of these bonkers solutions to puzzles like counting how many of certain letters on notes, etc
>I get to the end of the hospital
>Pyramid Head starts chasing me
>We both start screaming and laughing as I escape

There's no real ending to that. It's just a nice memory. Smash that like button and hit subscribe for more.
>>
>>385827305
I still remembee the room with 2 pyramid head, they're so slow it's laughable.
I wonder why 2 drop the ball so hard when it came to horror.
>>
File: image.jpg (50KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50KB, 1024x576px
>>385826651
Me too... £180 is the cheapest here, and i don't trust em. None of it is even in my country, all import.
>>
>>385826971
Nono it's a fucking piece of shit m8.
>>
>>385827524
PH isn't supposed and doesn't want to kill you
>>
File: image.jpg (103KB, 373x680px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103KB, 373x680px
>>385825615
I like how all the pregnancy fear dispells any talk of "muh pure" Heather. She can't be afraid of pregnancy if she isn't riding nerd and Jock dicks up her like seabuscuit unprotected.
>>
>>385817496
Imagine being this autistic
>>
>>385825987
I haven't seen the other endings yet (excluding dog ending), but I thought the In Water one felt out of place. From my point view James didn't seem to have intentions to kill himself, he even told Angela he wasn't going to off himself and refused to give back the knife so she wouldn't kill herself either. Also, after reading that one letter, I was expecting James to search for the little girl and leave the city with her after wrapping things up with Mary.

>>385827524
At least the music was nice.
>>
>>385812345
Thank you
>>
File: 1499105999747.jpg (40KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1499105999747.jpg
40KB, 1024x576px
>>385828005
>having a fear of pregnancy implies impure slut who has unprotected sex
This is a shit meme.
>>
>>385828123
To be fair, James isn't the most reliable narrator. In my mind all the endings are just dependant on how he handles the situation.

But I'll also admit I don't like the In Water ending myself.
>>
>>385828076
I dunno anon, i know say, Resident Evil 2 very very fucking well, id know to be able to point out shit if it were wrong, but i can't say that about nearly 95% of other games that might get re-released with bugs/missing content, so it doesn't hurt to have someone document it. Put it this way: imagine it was your favorite game you knew like the back of your hand.
>>
>>385812345
Is there a template like this for resident evil games?
>>385828005
That's one way to interpret the thing I guess
I thought the sexual subtext was more related to rape, pregnancy, and abortion more than promiscuity
>>
File: image.jpg (82KB, 850x478px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82KB, 850x478px
>>385828276
Anon, can't worry about shit happening to you that you aren't at risk of. Also, Heather? A virgin? Come on now bro. We all know she used to be a baaad little bitch. :3
>>
File: image.jpg (224KB, 530x663px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
224KB, 530x663px
>>385828420
Heather is a good and smart person, but also was a bit of a bitch hopefully. She has all the genetics for a nice body, decent ass and breasts and despite the freckle skin, her facial symetry makes her a fucking worldie. She is a beautiful girl. But miserable and a bit weird. So no doubt she was bullied for it all her life.

I like to think the school chads and such bully the fuck out of her for being an emo shit, but they are secretly all DESPERATE to fuck her, no protection. Then one night one of those Jock Chads who bullies her, meets up with her in secret, cheating on his stacey cheerleader gf, and she fucking rides that cock like sea busicuit and Heather is even smiling with her eyes closed and she is grunting and huffing and he just fucking prematurely explodes thick goo deep inside her cervix and she strokes his hair, sweat falling off her cheek onto his face, makes him fall in love as his spent dick goes all soft against her. Then she just packs her shit up and leaves, his hot wet load still up her as she storms off home, and she never speaks to him ever again and acts like a cold bitch to him forever. Those crazy bitches are best
>>
>>385828512
Never said she was a virgin.
I'm saying that because she might not be doesn't imply being a loose slut who has unprotected sex.
>>
>>385828641
Waifu fags are the reason why silent hill 3 is not respected as much as 2, fuck you guys.
>>
>>385827960
>Oh no! You are locked in a room with two(2) PHs! Good thing they are not trying to kill you.
>and are incredibly slow
>you still have to gently walk away from them though

Nice
>>
File: image.jpg (382KB, 900x1087px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
382KB, 900x1087px
>>385828809
And im just saying enjoying orgasams, cumming and get fucking railed bare (whilst practicing contraception and regualr checks) DOESN'T makes you a slut anon.
>>
>>385828891
Stay mad prude.
>>
>>385828907
Didn't you notice that in the moment that james admits that he doesn't need them they kill them selfs?
>>385829112
Fuck you, I'm tired of not being able to discuss the best silent hill because of you creeps
>>
>>385823945
My favorite monster in all the series is the fat guy from SH3, it always gets under my skin. A shame really, because I dont like SH3 at all.
>>
>>385829356
>Fuck you, I'm tired of not being able to discuss the best silent hill because of you creeps

Discuss away sperg, but don't try to control the discussion. What do you want to talk about? If you decide to up and leave the thread the moment an anon writes "Heather is cute! CUTE!" Then you are the fucking asshole here bud.
>>
>>385829356
>because of you creeps
yup, this threads are usually full of Stanelys ;;)))
>>
>>385829413
The first time i saw him in the subway i was like WHAT. THE FUCK. Is that...
>>
File: image.jpg (40KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40KB, 640x480px
>>385829513
>>
>>385829356
Yes, it was still incredibly disappointing and not scary atll. It could've been handled much better.
>>
>>385826651
You just want to cum on her
>>
>>385829676
I always like to think Stanley is a representation of all the sad waifags that post here. Glad to see he was properly dealt with in the end.
>>
>>385829870
>Glad to see he was properly dealt with in the end.

Was he??
>>
>>385829870
>I always like to think Stanley is a representation of all the sad waifags that post here

Or did Stanley create US anon??
>>
>>385830104
nope, you were always there, and makes me happy that your favorite SH game mocks you.
>>
File: 1489619236691.jpg (60KB, 693x663px) Image search: [Google]
1489619236691.jpg
60KB, 693x663px
>>385829813

That might happen.
>>
>>385830228
Kek. Get a load of this faggot. You her dad or something? "Harry"? you are the worst one you sick son of a bitch
>>
>>385830237
Word of advice. If you get one, don't.

She never was the same again
>>
You got fired so you drowned your sorrows in booze.
>>
File: image.gif (235KB, 340x191px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
235KB, 340x191px
>>385830413
>>
>>385830413

Why's that?
>>
>>385821142
I haven't played origins but I found 4 incredibly boring.
Granted, I hadn't played an SH game since my teens (last one was 3)
>>
>>385830653
The vinyl reacts with semen
>>
File: 1500943264932.png (81KB, 198x181px) Image search: [Google]
1500943264932.png
81KB, 198x181px
>>385830445
>tfw it took thirteen years after SH4 for Silent Hill to look better than on the PS2
>it's not even a real game
>>
>>385831024

oh no

well shit

uh i guess I could cover it with a shield of saran wrap just before I cum
>>
>>385829356
You need to remember that the only reason people even talk about SH3 is because of waifufags lusting over Heather. If the game starred a male, you wouldn't be hearing much of it. These threads would just be a SH2 general.
>>
>>385831785
This is true too. But silent hill 3 has his own merits and is my favorite And i'm not a waifufag
>>
File: 32544.jpg (28KB, 419x595px) Image search: [Google]
32544.jpg
28KB, 419x595px
>Playing SH3
>Save and stop playing for the night after the carousel part
>Go to play the next night
>My PS2 is fucked and never works again

I looked up what happens after on Youtube but it's not the same.
>>
File: re2 & 3 version guide.jpg (1MB, 2320x2002px) Image search: [Google]
re2 & 3 version guide.jpg
1MB, 2320x2002px
>>385828420
>Is there a template like this for resident evil games?
Not guide, but here's a thorough version comparison guide for RE2 and 3.

RE's more like "just emulate everything!", as the golden era trilogy was on PS1 (first).
REmake, Zero and 4 have good HD ports on Steam too.
>>
>>385822254
No you aren't. I only mainly feel this for 2 though. The others are a lot less depressing than 2 although still depressing. Pretty sure it is because the atmosphere.
>>
>>385828328
This. However, that picture is far from a thorough "documentation" of all the issues and bullshit behind the ""HD"" Collection. For a super in-depth analysis, look up the TwinPerfect's TRSHE episode(s) on the HD Collection. It's literally like a 2h long documentary movie on that shit.
>>
File: sh1 emu HD 02 storage.jpg (209KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
sh1 emu HD 02 storage.jpg
209KB, 1280x960px
>>385823092
that "white dot on harry's chest" is a trademark evidence of mis-configured PS1 emulator. This is how the flashlight's supposed to look from the front, at all times.
>>
>>385832737
>"I made Born from a Wish playable"

What DID he mean by this?
>>
File: Silent Hill.png (552KB, 726x315px) Image search: [Google]
Silent Hill.png
552KB, 726x315px
Are any of these games actually worth playing?
>>
File: sh2 - Maria MannequinChop.gif (2MB, 500x279px) Image search: [Google]
sh2 - Maria MannequinChop.gif
2MB, 500x279px
>>385833016
he means that he made it SO dark, that you literally cannot see where you are going at times, because he forgot that Maria never gets a flashlight.

>>385833134
HC, Origins and DP? Fuck no. Avoid at all costs.

SH:SM, on a Wii? Hell yes.
It ain't a survival-horror game exactly, but it's its own, very personal kind of experience.
>>
File: image.jpg (24KB, 367x388px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 367x388px
>>385832104
>im not a waifufag

Sure you're not a waifufag.
>>
>>385833237
Why shouldn't I play HC, Origins or Downpour?
And how does SM actually play?
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 649x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 649x1000px
>>385833134
>worth playing

Do you need more Heather in your life, enough that you will head canon an alternative universe existing that she is in? Hm?
>>
File: 1501028385581.jpg (98KB, 500x336px) Image search: [Google]
1501028385581.jpg
98KB, 500x336px
>There are people ITT who still think SM was a good Silent Hill game, let alone a good game at all.
>>
>>385833805
Why is it bad? It's not cheap and I'm thinking of getting it?
>>
File: headcannon.png (1MB, 900x972px) Image search: [Google]
headcannon.png
1MB, 900x972px
>>385826381
>In Water ending is, yes... cannon
>>
>>385833134
Shattered Memories is really really good in its own way - which considering the other western Silent Hill games tried to emulate the older games and failed -is really the best way it could go.

>>385833502
Not that anon, but Shattered Memories to my knowledge has no combat.
Still really good though. Watch some gameplay on it. It can be emulated.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An5qo9vcYX4

Also the music is really good too. Reminds me of old Silent Hill, since I think it's the same singer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZ8jLEEKuds
>>
>>385833989
It looks like garbage. You either walk around like you're "playing" Gone Home looking for stuff or running around when the the chase sequences start. And the story is another poor man's SH2. It's boring.
>>
>>385833989
Emulate it on dolphin. It's a Wii Game.
Worth getting your own opinion out of.
>>
File: sh sm red dress.jpg (218KB, 800x588px) Image search: [Google]
sh sm red dress.jpg
218KB, 800x588px
>>385833502
>Why shouldn't I play HC, Origins or Downpour?
literal lore-rape, clunky as fuck infuriating gameplay, ugly as sins, one of them even lacks Akira Yamaoka's music, and the writing range from "poor fanfic" to "we have no idea what to do with this topic, so let's just pull shit out of our heads!".

SM is technically a "walking sim" with monster-escaping scenes. It's heavily a story and character-driven ride, that does however focus on YOU, the player. The game does psychological profiling on you constantly, and many, many things can change in the game world and story accordingly.

>>385833805
SM is a good game indeed, and it would NOT work even half as well without it's SH-connections.
>>
>>385834364
>It looks like garbage
So you have not even played it. Got it.
>another poor man's SH2.
yeah, you have not played it.

Believe me, I used to HATE SM to bits before I finally got to actually play it. I know when there's ignorance and prejudices talking.

>>385834893
unfortunately Dolphin does not work too well for SH:SM just yet.
>>
>>385835136
>>385835027
>>385834328
Is SM a walking sim then? Are there puzzles?
>>
File: semen horse.png (37KB, 300x56px) Image search: [Google]
semen horse.png
37KB, 300x56px
>>385835136
>doesn't emulate well
That's a damn shame. Though I saw some emulations of it working really good.
Pic unrelated
>>
File: sh sm kauffman.jpg (502KB, 1127x1796px) Image search: [Google]
sh sm kauffman.jpg
502KB, 1127x1796px
>>385835468
It can be trivialized as a "walking sim", but where you walk, what you see and experience changes from person to person. Yes, there are puzzles and monsters too, both which aren't too challenging often, but all of it are designed around Wii's numerous gimmicks (motion controls, gamepad's speaker...).

I'd call the game an atmospheric "urban explorer".

>>385835496
I've tried to get it working some time ago on my i5 + 560ti + 8GB RAM machine, which really hasn't had much problems playing anything just yet, and it was glitch as hell. Dunno if they'd made progress later on tho'.
>>
>>385830017
The happy birthday caller mentions that Stanley is the "#7" in the basement level 3. Upon going there, various bodies are hidden under cloth, and dying sounds can be heard coming from the bed with the 7 labeled under it.
>>
>>385835468
Kinda sorta a walking simulator, yeah.
There's a couple of chase scenes with things.
And there are quite a lot of puzzles.

A lot of the things I like in this game is that the game itself sort of shapes visually and mechanically though specific things you do, things you look at for various amounts of time, and choices you make.
>inb4 "your choices matter"
It works a lot in a way to how some of the deciding factors for some of SH2's ending did. Like how often you look at Maria's photo, etc. Lots of things like that.

Also utilizes the Wii's controller and speaker in some interesting ways.
>>
>>385821985
Kojimbo is a hack
fuck off
this is Team Silent "Silent Hill" thread.
>>
>>385826381
Guy Cihi is awesome
you are not.
fuck off.
>>
>>385836201
fuck off. Kojibro was the best and only chance we had of restoring SH to its former glory.
>>
>>385832737
I would neck this faggot.
I hate him so much.
There is hope that he will never ruin another franchise, at least none that is important to me.
>>
>>385836758
Is he? I ask again. Is he?
>>
>>385826381
>>385837093
He is awesome.
You, dear Tomm, are butthurt.
>>
What are some moments that made you realize Heather and her dad were complete fuck ups socially?
>>
>>385836820
>best and only chance
>after the piece of shit that was PW and V
>after the garbage story he personally wrote for 4, PW, V
>after he produced multiple garbage games like Lord of Shadows
Kojima is literally the George Lucas of gaming
>>
>>385812345
You're like the barneyfag of Silent Hill threads except I want you around.

Downloading the games now. Thanks anon
>>
>>385836820
Kojimbo is the George Lucas of vidya.
That little faggot would have ruined Silent Hill as well. Even more than it was already by western morons.

>uhhh jump scare
>uhhh show some faggot retard baby
>soooo scary
>just like Silent Hill
>btw. I'm totally into Paranormal Activity
>and it has some (((Hollywood))) nigger
Nope, faggot
You know Team Silent was never that blatant and primitive.
And they used actors, who felt real. Not Hollywood "actors".
>>
>>385837525
But Guy Cihi isn't an actor I'll tell you that. He's a business man.
>>
>>385817496
tbqh that mouth glitch creeped me out the most
>>
How can I convince Konami to hire me to bring back Silent Hill to make the series great again?
>>
File: 5a1a33809cc2d536f96e5744a9eca2c0.jpg (622KB, 2480x3508px) Image search: [Google]
5a1a33809cc2d536f96e5744a9eca2c0.jpg
622KB, 2480x3508px
Any good, obscure horror games recently?
>>
>>385837748
Funnily he did a far better and actually consistent job than the Troy "I'm phantom of the opera in Silent Hill now" "You'd better do something about that cough, bro" Baker hack.
>>
>>385837456
>4 & PW
>shit
choose one.
V's demise was all on Konami. GZ is a living proof of what could've been.

>>385837525
>thinking Kojima would've written or even necessarily directed it
are you people for real? There's a reason why he had El Toro and Junji Ito on board.
>>
File: IMG_0369.jpg (102KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0369.jpg
102KB, 1920x1080px
Goodnight sweet prince.
>>
>>385837525
P.T. Would have nothing to do with Silent Hills you turbo nigger
>>
>>385838175
>oh look, it would have been great
>(((Hollywood))) director would have worked on it
right.
and as we all know, what "games" nowadays need is a (((Hollywood))) movie director.

That's exactly what I mean.
Team Silent did a perfect job.

If Kojimbo's plan was anything but getting the original team back together it would have resulted in crap.
>>
>>385838317
>Kojimbo cock sucker is unable to read posts
news at 11
>>
File: 1473158919049.jpg (312KB, 1200x848px) Image search: [Google]
1473158919049.jpg
312KB, 1200x848px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJTGzMPg4KY&t=1527s
>>
>>385838580
Toro has a great track record on films so far.
Your bias towards ""hollywood" directors has nothing to do with anything.

Not to mention, Kojima is close friends with many ex-TS key members, with at least Ito and Yamaoka being instantly guaranteed to join the crew if the project would've continued.
>>
>>385838580
>(((Hollywood))) director would have worked on it
Fucking pleb can't appreciate Del Toro's masterful work, and team silent rip-off A LOT of ((Hollywood)) movies you stupid retard
>>
File: muh PH & Nurse figures sml.jpg (694KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
muh PH & Nurse figures sml.jpg
694KB, 1632x1224px
any other SH fags got some merchandize?
>>
File: SH2_Pyramid_Head_models.jpg (125KB, 1120x700px) Image search: [Google]
SH2_Pyramid_Head_models.jpg
125KB, 1120x700px
>>385823945
Need I say more? It is probably my favorite monster design of all time. At least as far as spooky monsters goes.
>>
>>385838175
>V's demise was all on Konami
yeah, I'm sure Konami told Kojimbo to fuck everything up.

>replace iconic Snake voice actor with incompetent hack, that costs tons of money per line
>write only a handful of lines because of the costs
>make uninspired boring and fenced off "open world"
>create terrible boss fights
>force people to wait for chopper, but wait
>make it so that the player-faggot can pick up flowers for minutes
>copy and paste tons of missions
>do not add any difficulty setting, because you know
>you can instead just copy and paste even more missions and call those "new missions" instead
>add microtransactions
>add slutty and horribly written woman for the waifu morons
>waste your time fucking and damaging a model instead of making a game
>deliver it unfinished
>but add a shitty twist that basically everyone saw coming right from the beginning

yeah, all Konami's fault.
>>
>>385839792
it actually IS Konami's fault, as the game was shipped in unfinished state, literally missing huge chunks of content there was supposed to be, resulting into this patch-work of half finished ideas and empty maps being turned into this somewhat playable yet soulless trash.
>>
i want a silent hill game in the metal gear universe
>>
File: dean holding back tears.gif (914KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
dean holding back tears.gif
914KB, 300x169px
>>385821985
>I didn't have a PS4 when the demo went live

end me
>>
>>385839047
>REEEEEE
>I want (((Hollywood))) "game" movies
fuck off millenial pseudo-gamer
>>
>>385839963
Not the guy you're responding to, but MGSV as a whole is just a shitshow from top to bottom.
>>
>>385840038
Del Toro would only work on monster and Setting design, you're acting like if he would be in charge of everything in the game
>(((Hollywood))
fuck off back to r/TheDonald
>>
>>385839963
>REEEEEE
>Konami is bad
>Kojimo is superb
yeah, keep on suck that cock

And I bet Kojimo actually wanted to get hayter, but Konami said "nope, use extremely expensive (((Hollywood))) schmuck instead".

>Everything was terrible because Konami
>my Kojimbo could never release a bad thing
MGS4. Piss Walker
now stfu
>>
>>385839991
>Downloaded a day or so after it came out
>>Still too scared to finish it
>>
>>385839963
Probably because Kojima kept asking for all this money and the game STILL was not done. It was Kojima own fault that the game was unfinished.
>>
>>385840378
decide what would have happened
is it
>Overrated Toro schmuck would have "directed" the movie "game"
== would have resulted in crap
or
>Overrated Toro schmuck would have created monster and setting only
>and the Kojimbo hack would have done everything else
== would have resulted in crap

You know if you would be capable of thinking logically, you would understand that hiring some overrated hack always results in tons of money wasted on said hack. In this case we would have 2 overrated hacks.

And now guess what happens when you waste tons of money. You need to have tons of people buying the game, which means the actual game (let's assume there would have been a game underneath it, which I doubt anyway) would have been dumbed down to hell and back. Actual Silent Hill games were basically survival horror. And you know what died off because of shit millenials wanting HD HD HD? ACTUAL SURVIVAL HORROR.

>fuck off back to r/TheDonald
that's /pol/ you fucking moron.
>>
>>385809380
ps2 emulator or pc version?

got a shitty (i5 4200m 2.5, geforce 755m)
>>
File: pYFT1y3.png (415KB, 844x495px) Image search: [Google]
pYFT1y3.png
415KB, 844x495px
>>385837525
> Kojimbo is the George Lucas of vidya.
redpilled
>>
>>385841010
PC version, you'll have to fuck with user made fixes either way since neither option is perfect
>>
File: image.jpg (621KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
621KB, 1920x1080px
I still unironically like Homecoming and Downpour.
Alex is our guy
>>
>>385835792
>gamepad's speaker
Fudges, that means if I want to play it on the Dolphin I would need to buy one of those wiimote with WiMotionPlus integrated because only those have the microphone working now.
Thread posts: 186
Thread images: 67

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.