[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/Hardest MGS Boss/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: Metal_gear_solid4_12.jpg (243KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
Metal_gear_solid4_12.jpg
243KB, 1440x900px
Let's end this debate once and for all. What boss in the mainline Metal Gear games is universally considered to be the toughest boss of them all?

>(Bonus points if it isn't the final boss of said game)

My candidate would be The End, without the early game kill or the "wait one week" strategy.
>>
>>385804928
I?m gonna do you a solid and bump your thread even though it already start with such a blatant display of MGS3 baby syndrom. You literally cannot fucking lose to The End there's food everywhere, also once you learn how to be at the fight it will never be a fight again.

The correct answer is the Harrier on Extreme. Also happens to be the best boss in the series followed by Metal Gear Rex and Vulcan Raven with no radar.
>>
>>385806072
I really didn't think hard about my choice and while I really like mgs 3, it's not my favourite in the series.

The End was just a really annoying bossfight I remember having a hard time with.

Harrier is a good answer though, completly forgot about that bossfight since the last time I've played 2 was about 6-7 years ago.
>>
>>385804928
>What boss in the mainline Metal Gear games is universally considered to be the toughest boss of them all?

probably the Ray swarm in MGS2 due to it being an endurance match or Solidus in MGS2 just because of the gimmicky sword controls
>>
>>385806072
I understand anon, I too would be mad if my favorite game was fucking trash.
>>
>>385807338
What's my favorite game?
>>
mgs4 ocelot fist fight on extreme is some bullshit
>>
>>385804928
Liquid fistfight, MGS1 on hard.

Only d-pad and circle button for controls, weird attack patterns, he can dodge and you can't...

I only beat him because I got lucky and forced the AI into a loop accidentally.

Runner up would be Crying Wolf, that shit was insanely difficult and VERY satisfying at very high difficulties. Was the high point of MGS4's core gameplay, imho.
>>
>>385807823
Extreme was designed to be a throwaway option anyway, I'm 100% sure they put minimal effort into balancing it.
>>
>>385804928
None of them MGR got the hardest ones
>>
>>385804928
Found MGS3's bosses far more difficult than the other games, but The End wasn't even hard - just took a long time. The Fury was probably the hardest when I didn't know what I was doing & it took a LOT of attempts to figure out all of the things to do & not do, but then the final run took all of about 45 seconds. The Boss had incredibly unintuitive CQC controls that they didn't even tell you existed - so first I had to die a whole bunch of times before noticing the patterns in when I did & didn't succeed in grapples.

Only played MGS3 the once though, so maybe they're a breeze even on Extreme when you know what you're doing. Definitely the best bosses though
>>
EXTREME SHIRTLESS LIQUID
>>
>>385806072
>vulcan raven with no radar
I just trial and errored that fucker on extreme with claymores until i finally figured out his pattern.
>>
>>385811069
It's not about the fight, it's about the tension. When he starts hoofing it you start to shit your pants. You're supposed to use the corner view and sound especially to find where he is.
>>
THE FURY on hard made me RAGE
>>
>>385812675
You just gotta hide in that little hall and wait until he appears in front of you. If you shoot him three times, he'll run away.

Extreme is worse because enemy sensitivity is way up.
>>
THE FURY on hard made me RAGE

>>385812953
Right, but once he starts running everywhere if u losetrack of him u are fucked. Had to retry a few times to catch up the peace.
>>
>>385804928
Harrier and/or Metal Gear Ray fight on extreme.
>>
>>385806072
>Rex
>Hard
I'll give you Raven if you have no surround sound but Rex is a joke.
Spam chaffs and bangs and you literally cannot lose.
>>
>>385806072
>Also happens to be the best boss in the series followed by Metal Gear Rex and Vulcan Raven with no radar.
Nah, they're fun when you just beat them on Extreme for the first couple of times, but playing them on normal or after already knowing what to do isn't that interesting.
They lack (specially harrier and Rex) the thinking outside the box aspect that elevates mgs beyond just an okayish action title since they're only twitch based challenges in which you need to do stuff in a very specific way to win, besides your options to win are very limited and the only saving grace is that timing is tight so it feels intense on extreme, but you can find similar stuff in other action video games but way better since they're completely focused on being twitch based experiences. I'm specially surprised seeing you mention Rex as one of the best boss fights.
>>
>>385813235
Ray is boring, after you nail down their basic pattern its just a matter of repeating the same stuff over and over again for a long time.
>>
>>385812675
>>385813018
The Fury is one of my favorites, I wish it was harder though.
MGS 3 finally managed to make boss fights that fit stealth games really nicely but some lack challenge sadly.
>>
>>385808538
Yeah, gonna agree on this.

Crying Wolf on Extreme on a no kill/no alert run was a fucking pain in the ass. It wasn't even her, it was the damn soldiers I had to traq all the damn time.
>>
>>385806787
If you're doing a limited rations/limited saves run Ray squad followed by Solidus can be pretty hard.
>>
>>385804928
Between the Metal Gear Rays on hard and above or Solidus Snake on extreme/European Extreme
>>
>>385814338

It was a long time ago, but I think I cheesed that fight by just hiding under a truck for most of it.
>>
>>385804928
MGS2. The first "boss fight" when you encounter Fortune as Raiden and she starts blasting you with her railgun on European Extreme. 11yo me couldn't even get pass this wtf
>>
>>385816103
Equip the box to make your hurtbox smaller and change your speed.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.