[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Baldur's Gate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: baldursg[1].jpg (45KB, 350x433px) Image search: [Google]
baldursg[1].jpg
45KB, 350x433px
How do I get into this game? My "tanks" die in 2 hits and before my healer gets a healing spell off.
>>
>>385803976
Let your mages use slings and sleep spells.
Get heavy armor. The lower the thac0, the better, if you didn't know it already.
>>
>>385803976
Save often.
Rest often.
Use ranged weapons.
Acknowledge that at level 2 everyone's hitpoints will double.
>>
who thought low-level D&D was a good idea?
>>
Kite using slings and darts
>>
>>385803976
you have to be patient
be sure to outfit your squishy people with ranged weapons
have a rogue, and scout ahead using said rogue
a priest will save you some headaches, but is less necessary at the start of baldur's gate as opposed to say icewind dale
>>
>>385804380
Tbqh, if you didn't start at level one, you wouldn't get to fully enjoy the steady transformation into a reality-shattering demigod by the end of the ToB.
>>
>>385803976
healers are slow, so if you have potions it would be better to use them instead of cleric.

Or you should have more tanks or off tanks, so when your main tank is dieing run off with it,replace it with an off tank, and heal the main tank with a cleric.
>>
>>385803976

Read bout the rules. Learn at least how AC, THAC0 and 1d4, 2d4, 1d8, etc. work. It's not that complicated.

And once you got that set, give your mages slings and your melee dudes heaviest armor you can find. If you got a melee thief character, make him ranged. And if you got two of them, restart the game or ditch one of them.

Also the world doesn't scale with you. If you wander to wrong places and mobs seem to strong, just run away and come back later.Those maggot-type things on the road to Baldur's Gate hit pretty fucking hard. I assume you are dying to those.

Also Minsc is a melee character despite his kit being Ranger. It might sound like a ranged kit and while they can use bows, you should stick him to using twohanded weapons.
Also most of the NPCs you find in BG1 are awful in terms of stats. Especially the mages. Their stats are fucking awful except for Edwin and maybe somebody else I'm forgetting. So be ready to micro them if there are any ranged units.
>>
>>385803976
Give everyone ranged weapons and most enemies will die before reaching you
Use potion instead of healing spells while in combat
Read the spells description cc>damage usually
>>
>>385804380
You go from getting one shotted by goblins to killing godlike begins
>>
>>385803976
Try Fallout 3/4
>>
>>385803976
Kite with halberds, spears and staves. The range is so absurd that you can easily avoid getting hit by anything that isn't ranged.
>>
>>385807442
wonderful post. really added to the thread
>>
File: gYv7vg[1].jpg (32KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
gYv7vg[1].jpg
32KB, 400x400px
>>385804478
>>385807194
>when Elminister says even he wouldn't fuck with you
>>
For the record 2 is waaaay better than the first game so if you just can't stand the low level shit just skip it.
>>
>>385807514
I consider myself a veteran in the vanilla game but never tried it

thanks for your post senpai
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.