[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the modern day battleborn?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 246
Thread images: 18

File: maxresdefault.jpg (238KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
238KB, 1920x1080px
Is this the modern day battleborn?
>>
I don't even know what kind of game this is. I only ever see thiccposters talking about it.
>>
It actually has people playing so I would say no.
>>
I wanna play it but its going f2p next year so I might as well wait.
>>
File: 1495069943736.gif (2MB, 159x146px) Image search: [Google]
1495069943736.gif
2MB, 159x146px
No game with microtransactions is ever worth playing; especially not if you have to pay for the game in the first place. What a fucking joke.
>>
??? What is fortnite?
>>
>>385801892
Yeah I'll give it a shot when it goes free to play.
>>
>>385801750
Yes because it's equally shit.
>>
It's fun.

So no, not really.
>>
>>385802024
It's a build a base and protect it against zombies game.
>>
>>385801750
>B2P
>P2W
>at the same time as
>F2P eventually
>hideous art direction
>and last but not least - early access

This game doesn't have red flags, it is one.
>>
>>385802174
But it isn't.
>>
>>385802229
Scratch P2W, it's comestics, I'm retarded
>>
>>385802291
Excuse me? You can literally pay for more loot boxes which make the game easier. Fuck off.
>>
>>385802230
Not the guy, but it is.

It's a F2P game, that until 2018 is B2P. Doing missions doesn't get you loot or vbucks to buy loot, which are very important for progression, you just get XP. If you attempt to do low level missions, then you get your awesome gear downscaled. It's all dependant on your daily loot pinatas, which you can buy and therefore are a paywall even.
>>
>>385802174
>i buy limited collectors whatever edition
>spend another 100+ on llamas
>have some cool shit, I guess

>friend receives my free copy
>spends $0
>has higher power than me
>realised he put his efforts into rares/epics instead of hunting legendaries and gimping himself to a single character

there's literally no reason to use any money ingame. you can get 100+ free vcoins each day if you get lucky, minimum 50, and even then the missions give you free rares of everything. the stat differences are negligible and the tier 3 perks you're missing don't matter till the third zone, and even then the bonuses aren't worth the money you'd spend to guarantee yourself a legendary/mythic. shit like -40% recoil on weapons your character can't even take advantage of until you have the third skilltree unlocked.
>>
>>385802384
Really? I thought it was just skins? Also the rest of my post shoudl indicate I'm not the games biggest fans anyway.
>>
>>385802405
>>385802384
It's a PvE game. You can get good schematics from loot boxes, sure, but you get those as daily rewards, you can buy them with in game currency, and they just gave out 15 of them to everyone.

You don't need to invest a cent in order to have viable characters and weapons.
>>
>>385802434
you can buy llamas which drop random shit. through the laws of chance you are more likely to get a "good" character/weapon if you buy a lot of them, but the differences between common and legendary are extremely negligible.
>>
>>385802407
>the missions give you free rares of everything

Those are limited, after 50 or so they don't award anything but XP anymore.
>>
>>385802407
>you can get 100+ free vcoins each day if you get lucky, minimum 50, and even then the missions give you free rares of everything. the stat differences are negligible and the tier 3 perks you're missing don't matter till the third zone, and even then the bonuses aren't worth the money you'd spend to guarantee yourself a legendary/mythic.

reading this sentence a question ciomes to mind: how do people enjoy such shit?
>>
>>385802503
>It's a PvE game
That's literally not an excuse. Why would you support a game that gives players an advantage for paying?
>>
>>385802407
>>385802503
This does not somehow make the game NOT pay to win. Your arguments are that you don't need to pay to play the game. Obviously nobody is saying that. They're saying that you CAN spend real money for an ACTUAL advantage in the game therefore it's truly fucking pay to win.
>>
>>385802519
>after 50 or so they don't award anything but XP anymore.
mission rewards persist through the entire game until you have a base schematic for all traps and a variety of weapons. that doesn't take into account timed mission rewards, challenges, daily quests, etc.

>>385802534
because it's about the gameplay, not the loot? the gameplay doesn't become unenjoyable because your weapon recoils a little more.
>>
>>385802509
Yeah, just went from "check it out when it is free" to absolutely not intrested
>>
File: 32621332344.jpg (207KB, 455x527px) Image search: [Google]
32621332344.jpg
207KB, 455x527px
>>385802503
>it's a PvE game therefore it needs to have paywalls and gamebreaking RNG that favours antiprogression
>>
>>385802552
Because it doesn't affect my experience at all. I have a legendary surgical rifle schematic that murders and is well above my level which I didn't pay for. When I use it no one else in the lobby complains that I'm adversely affecting their enjoyment of the game.

I don't know why you're in this thread or trying to talk about this game you've never played and have no interest in playing.

>>385802591
You can get the same shit without paying. None of the content you pay for is exclusive or overpowered.

>>385802656
I literally never said that.
>>
>>385802591
>CAN spend real money for an ACTUAL advantage
and you can also spend 0 dollars and have an advantage over someone who spent 100+ ?
the ACTUAL advantage you gain from RANDOMLY getting a legendary drop is about 8 damage per bullet on a standard rifle.
>>
>>385802629
So the gameplay's good, ok. I'm not talking about shitty recoil, I'm talking about those free2play mechanics. With 10 different kind of coins you get everyday if you just hop though all loops the devs hold in front of you, otherwise pay up please. this is nerv-numbing just by reading about it
>>
File: 535.jpg (45KB, 604x442px) Image search: [Google]
535.jpg
45KB, 604x442px
>>385801750
>stronk womyn
>nigger alpha
>faggot
>>
>>385802719
>autism
>>
>>385802719
You've never played the game.
>>
>>385802719
>"oh no, fictional characters are fictional"
>>
>>385802719
you forgot
>intentionally thicc woman
>>
>>385802672
>You can get the same shit without paying
And you can get the same shit faster by paying, with chances of getting even better shit the more you pay. Pay to win.
>>385802681
You think because it's not guaranteed that it's not pay to win? How fucking gullible are you?
>>
>>385802715
you don't need the coins, my man. that's if you want to loot whore. the weapons and characters you're given off the bat can be levelled to the exact same height as any other, the most you miss out on is a few stat points and maybe 100DPS when the limit is in the mid 1000s right now.
the free coins just give you a way to get other stuff on top of all the basic stuff in the game.

I'm not trying to convince you to play the game, if you were to try it at all definitely do it when it's free (and complete), rather trying to give you the right idea as to how it works in regards to loot.
>>
>>385801750
>indie game tier but it's not
Why would I play this over a thousand other titles?
>>
>>385802880
>And you can get the same shit faster by paying, with chances of getting even better shit the more you pay. Pay to win.
You don't get it faster, the unlocks are RNG. There's no guarantee you'll get anything specific. You have never played the game and you don't know what you're talking about.

The most powerful schematics in the game are legendary. I have 5 of them and have never bought a lootbox.
>>
>>385802880
>You think because it's not guaranteed that it's not pay to win? How fucking gullible are you?
How does one even win by paying in this game?

You can "win" just as well if you don't pay, you literally lose nothing by not spending a cent. there is nothing you're against that is stronger than you via paying. a dude who dropped 3k on the game in the first week and is decked the fuck out is not going to have an edge over you at all.
>>
>>385802895
I see. Doesn't sound so bad. Last f2p game I've tried was Let it Die. And it was occasionaly hard to avoid the f2p mechanics. In your face, all the the time. Fortnyte's artstyle and art direction will probably keep me away for good though
>>
>>385802995
You must be fucking retarded. First of all for paying for the game. Secondly for trying to convince me that a game isn't pay to win because the shit you get isn't pre-determined.

>>385803023
You braindead cunts always do this for every game. You try to attack the concept of pay-to-win with semantics. The wording of the phrase isn't the important part. The concept of being able to pay for an advantage, EVEN IF IT'S JUST A POSSIBILITY, is a BAD THING. It puts the people who play on uneven footing, and rewards those who spend money MORE than those who do not.

If you need to be convinced why this is a terrible thing you're already too far gone down the retard rabbit hole. You think because you don't feel compelled to pay money that the game isn't being infected by the toxic concept. This game was infected with it long before you got your repulsive talons on it.
>>
>>385803224
I'm not saying you can't buy lootboxes. I'm questioning your assertion that this makes the game pay to win. It doesn't help you win or make your character stronger. You might just unlock a gun or character you want. It's not like they have a super mega gun you can buy for $9.99 to trivialize the game. None of it trivializes the game.

But, again, you'd know that if you actually played the games you complain about.
>>
>>385803224
You're still yet to explain how one can "win" fortnite by paying more money than anyone else.
Can you explain to me what allows someone to win a part of fortnite by buying loot llamas?. Where do you get an edge over someone else by putting money into the game.
>>
File: 1365681976369.png (268KB, 361x691px) Image search: [Google]
1365681976369.png
268KB, 361x691px
>>385803023
>a dude who dropped 3k on the game in the first week and is decked the fuck out is not going to have an edge over you at all.
>>
>>385803335
He'll have more characters and schematic than you. He'll still progress at the same rate, do the same missions as you, and have to gather the same resources as you to build his fancy legendary schematics.

You have never played this game.
>>
>>385803335
>greentext the guy i disagree with and add a reaction image that'll show him ha ha i am clearly right even though I have no opposing argument

i mean, you might've convinced yourself?
>>
>>385803330
Read the posts you reply to. The phrase pay-to-win means paying for an advantage.

Describe to me what you get by opening these loot boxes. Do they possess items and shit that you can use in the game for better effect? Yes? Then obviously opening more of them increases your effectiveness in game, and gives you an advantage while playing. Being able to buy them means you paid for an advantage. Pay to win.
>>
>>385803417
>>385803424
Pay to win. The game is pay to win. You can buy things that give you an advantage in game. This cannot be contested. You idiots.
>>
>>385803478
>The phrase pay-to-win means paying for an advantage.
What advantage? You get a slightly shinier version of the same exact thing the no-pay guy has. And guess what?!? You're going to place it right alongside that guys less shiny thing and they're going to do the exact. same. thing.
>>
>>385803519
It's pay to unlock things more quickly. Not pay to win.

Again, you've never played the game you're posting about and have no intention to.
>>
>>385803552
Incorrect. It's not cosmetic. It's literally more effective shit.
>>
>>385803597
>It's literally more effective shit
In what capacity? You do realise the guy that has spend 0 dollars has just as equal chance to get the shiny thing out of the exact same lootbox as the guy who paid for it, right? The dude spending no money, thanks to the laws of chance and RNG, has the EXACT same chance to have just as shiny an object as the guy pumping his money into the game. You can't slide a 50 to lady luck and force a shinier drop out of the crates.
>>
>>385803589
Paying to unlock things quicker gives you an advantage. Pay to win. Paying real money for more speed allows you to progress faster. Paying real money so you spend less time grinding is what drives people to pay in the first place.

Your argument would mean you don't consider something like a potion that gives you 100x more XP that you can pay for pay to win simply because you could grind for 6 months to get that potion.

Fuck off.
>>
File: 1478517521633.jpg (406KB, 2193x2617px) Image search: [Google]
1478517521633.jpg
406KB, 2193x2617px
>>385803723
>You do realise the guy that has spend 0 dollars has just as equal chance to get the shiny thing out of the exact same lootbox as the guy who paid for it, right?
The guy who paid is not opening his free lootbox. He already gets his free lootbox. He's opening several more lootboxes than the free guy.
>thanks to the laws of chance and RNG, has the EXACT same chance to have just as shiny an object as the guy pumping his money into the game
Except you're completely ignoring the fact that you increase your chances of winning the more times you spin the fucking wheel, and you get more spins if you spend real money.
>>
>>385803597
>more effective
You literally have no idea what you're talking about.
>>385803745
>Paying to unlock things quicker gives you an advantage.
Agreed.
>Pay to win.
No.

Considering they give you at least one lootbox a day and they gave literally everyone 15 free lootboxes there's not a lot of grinding going on.

But, again, you've never played the game you're talking about.
>>
>>385803745
Total Asscancer made up the term pay2notgrind for that scenario. Still p2w, but he doesn't see it. And neither does the other anon.
>>
>>385803745
>Paying real money so you spend less time grinding
You spend the exact same time grinding though. Paying does not progress your missions faster in fortnite. You have to go into the same levels as the payless dudes and verse the same mobs for the exact same amount of time. There is no paygate to a quicker progression.

Basic shit reaches the same levels as the best loot in the game. Basic shit has the exact same purpose as the best items in the game, and performs the exact same function. You cannot put money into the game to speed up your progression
>>
Imagine actually getting mad that some guy has a gun that does slightly more damage then yours in a strictly co-op game.
>>
>>385803839
>You literally have no idea what you're talking about.
If I'm wrong then there's literally nothing that comes out of the loot llamas.

How the fuck can you agree that something you paid for and gives you an advantage is not pay to win?

Also, just because they give EVERYONE free shit doesn't somehow mean people who pay real money only use the shit they get for free. They get more shit. That's why they pay. They want the advantage. It's what compels them to pay. It's why they do it. Do you need me to say it half a dozen new ways?
>>
>>385803830
>Except you're completely ignoring the fact that you increase your chances of winning the more times you spin the fucking wheel, and you get more spins if you spend real money.

I have spend maybe 150 bucks on this game. I have 4 legendary heroes, my friend who has spent 0 dollars has 3. My 4th legendary hero is a LOWER level, with lower stats, than his next best epic, because he got luckier with his FREE chests and played the right missions to get the mats he needed for quicker progression. Yes, quicker progression, from something you cannot pay for. Playing the missions.
>>
These names are so shit FORTNITE LAWBREAKERS BATTLEBORN complete gibberish and doesn't say anything about the game. Shit's whack yo
>>
>>385803908
>You spend the exact same time grinding though
Wrong.

>Paying does not progress your missions faster in fortnite.
It does when you have better equipment you get from loot llamas.

>You have to go into the same levels as the payless dudes and verse the same mobs for the exact same amount of time
It's actually faster AND easier when you have better shit you get from loot llamas.

>There is no paygate to a quicker progression.
You don't need to spend money to get through the game. This is not an endorsement. This is how games are supposed to be.

>Basic shit reaches the same levels as the best loot in the game
With less effective stats.

>Basic shit has the exact same purpose as the best items in the game
>and performs the exact same function
Purpose and function is not synonymous with effectiveness.

>You cannot put money into the game to speed up your progression
You would be right if you could not buy currency to purchase more loot llamas. You are wrong.
>>
>>385803830
You still haven't explained what you consider winning in fortnite and how you can pay to do it.
>>
>>385803991
Because it doesn't make you win.

Are you slow?
>>
>>385804036
Not only are you retarded but you got fucked by RNG. Getting fucked by RNG doesn't change the fact that the game is pay to win.
>>
>>385804178
>>385804194
Absolute retards trying to defend pay to win mechanics by doing the same tired argument over and over.

Pay to win is an expression. I already explained this in grueling detail. It describes games where you can pay real money for an advantage in the game. You're getting hung up on the "win" part of the phrase like it's the most significant part and needs to be taken literally. Read the fucking thread and take off your post purchase rationalization diapers.
>>
>>385804159
How does better weapons make a mission faster? I'm pretty sure all of the missions have a strict time-limit that don't run down faster because you have a better kill-time. The word you are looking for might be easier.
>>
>>385804159
>Wrong.
He's correct. Missions are time based, i.e. defend this base for five minutes, or find 6 survivors in twenty minutes. You cannot progress faster no matter how many legendaries you're sporting.
>It does when you have better equipment you get from loot llamas.
You don't get better equipment from loot llamas you pay for.
>It's actually faster AND easier when you have better shit you get from loot llamas.
Again, missions take a set amount of time.
>With less effective stats.
Yes,that's how rarities tend to work. They also take more and more valuable materials to build which you can't buy.
>Purpose and function is not synonymous with effectiveness.
No shit.
>You would be right if you could not buy currency to purchase more loot llamas. You are wrong.
You can certainly speed up your collection book and schematic progression, but nothing else.

>>385804317
It's a shit expression that doesn't have the relevance you seem to think it does. The game is certainly pay to not grind, or pay to grind more quickly. That's not really a negative to me.
>>
>>385804427
So your argument is that the game isn't pay to win because it's easy early on?
>>
>>385804159
>Wrong
Right? You can't make a mission go faster with better shit. The waves infinitely spawn until the timer expires. You can make maybe a single more wave spawn if everyone has the best loot in the game, and that doesn't even qualify as p2w because a no-pay player can have the best shit in the game?

>It does when you have better equipment you get from loot llamas.
It literally cannot. Have you played this game? You cannot finish a game in any measurable amount of time quicker, than a free player due to your slightly increased chance of getting a slightly increased damage weapon. It is literally impossible.

>It's actually faster AND easier when you have better shit you get from loot llamas.
8 damage per bullet makes SO MUCH DIFFERENCE to enemies with 2k+ HP. Man they literally melt against my +8 damage holy damn! Are you fucking retarded

>With less effective stats
E I G H T D A M A G E P E R B U L L E T. You also seem to be missing the fact you're playing WITH THREE OTHER PEOPLE? They could be playing as no-pays and you just increased THEIR completion time by 0.00002%!! They haven't payed but now they're "winning" too? Where is the justice.

>effectiveness
A legendary trap damage will increase by 1 over a common. ONE damage more. How are you equating this to an advantage?

>You would be right if you could not buy currency to purchase more loot llamas
Loot llamas speed up one single thing. 100% completion of your collection book. Is that winning, to you? There isn't even an achievement system for it. What do you gain.
>>
File: IMG_1110.gif (479KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1110.gif
479KB, 320x180px
>all this rng for a game you have to pay for.
For a moment I actually thought about buying this game because it looked fun, but after hearing all this you guys just saved me forty bucks.
>>
>>385804464
>The game is certainly pay to not grind, or pay to grind more quickly
That's literally pay to win. Just because YOU don't think so doesn't mean anything. You are playing a pay to win game. You are paying real money to play a pay to win game. You are actively defending pay to win as a concept on /v/.
>>
watched it on twitch

game looked boring as fuck holy shit
>>
File: 1360810824053.jpg (41KB, 400x440px) Image search: [Google]
1360810824053.jpg
41KB, 400x440px
>>385804464
>>385804519
The amount of mental gymnastics you cunts are performing is admirable. Truly admirable. It's clear to me none of you are interested in listening to the truth. Instead of simply saying "yeah, it's pay to win but I'm still enjoying it" you're flipping your shit trying to make the game appear to be something it's not because you don't want to be associated with pay-to-win games even though you're endorsing one as we speak.
>>
>>385804493
Where did I say the game was easy? You said better equipment progresses your missions faster in Fortnite, but the missions have a timer that can't be ran out faster with any tools/consumables earned from boxes. If I dropped thousands of dollars on crates I'd still have to do the exact same missions for the exact same time as a non-payer.
>>
>>385804561
No, it would be pay to win if you could pay for something exclusive to trivialize the game. Your misunderstanding of the significance of the phrase pay to win is your own problem. I bought a game where I have the option to pay to unlock things faster, and I choose not to pay. I don't give a fuck about pay to not grind as a concept, and the fact that it bothers you this much that people are playing a game you've never played and have little understanding of is bizarre. I don't give a fuck if some dude in a cooperative game paid money for his legendary gun. I'll be shooting mine that I didn't pay for right next to him.

>>385804698
Saying that it's pay to not grind and not pay to win isn't much of a stretch. It's only your autistic attachment to an clunky and imprecise term preventing you from agreeing with us.
>>
>>385804770
>You said better equipment progresses your missions faster in Fortnite

Is it possible to fail missions?
Yes.

Is it possible that would have succeeded in completing that mission if you and your party members had obscenely overpowered equipment instead of basic shit?
Yes.

Pay to win.
>>
>>385804698
>it's pay to win!
>>but it's not, you can pay but the advantage you gain is negligible, and you're playing WITH not against people

>b-but you pay and you win??

>>and you can not pay and win in the exact same way?

>b-b-b-but you pay real money and you win quicker?

>>you literally cannot. you are in the same missions with the same time limit and same constraints and mechanics as free players no matter how much you pay. you do not progress a single iota faster than a free player

>y-you guys are so stupid, you have no argument! it's pay to win

dude just give up. you clearly have not played the game and have no idea how the loot system or mission work. you're wrong, it's okay. it's the internet, and no one will ever know who you really are.
>>
>>385804895
>No, it would be pay to win if you could pay for something exclusive
It's pay to win if you can pay for anything that can give you an advantage. Free players being able to get access to the same things if they invest enough time into the game does not change the first sentence.
>>
>>385804925
>obscenely overpowered equipment
can you bring up any single ingame weapon, character or trap stat to show these obscene power gaps? the differences between rarities is in the single digits of DPS.
>>
>>385804972
It actually is pay to win. You can spend real money for an advantage in game. This cannot be refuted.
>>
>>385804925
If you fail a mission in Fortnite because your gun doesn't do ten more points of damage per bullet it might not be the guns fault.
>>
>>385805026
You're misunderstanding the point. A single digit is still a higher digit. Paid to win. The game is pay to win. Otherwise there would be no point in opening loot llamas. Nobody would even bother. Nobody would spend any money on the game after they purchased it.

Except that they do, because they AND you inherently understand that there are benefits to opening the loot llamas.
>>
>>385805123
Doesn't change the point. Game can be made even easier if you spend money.

Pay

To

Win
>>
>>385805034
>This cannot be refuted.
You might actually have autism.

Also I have yet to find a definition of pay to win that doesn't make reference to multiplayer games, i.e. pvp.
>>
>>385805034
what advantage do you gain, over the free players you play WITH to achieve a common goal. what advantage do you have over anyone? a ridiculously small amount of bonus damage in your weapon or trap? kill xp is spread across the whole party, you gain no advantage there. you can't farm items or mats faster, you cant build faster, your buildings arent better, your skills aren't better. you do no get a single thing that is better for you, than anyone else you play with. any benefit you have received from paying is literally handed to the person you play with because suddenly, the thing both of you are shooting at dies 0.5% faster.
>>
>>385805227
>what advantage do you gain
I refer you to all of the examples you continue to list.

>>385805224
It's not exclusive to competitive games.
>>
>>385805167
>You're misunderstanding the point. A single digit is still a higher digit. Paid to win
But the free player can also have that higher digit?

Anyone is still free to point out where you win over anyone else with paying. You don't finish missions faster, don't farm faster, don't harvest or build faster. You may kill a fraction of a second faster, but that also benefits the free playing dude who was also shooting that guy you killed slightly faster, because he can now shoot something else too. You can pay to have shinier shit, you cannot pay to have an advantage. You can't pay to win the mission.
>>
>>385805227
>kill xp is spread across the whole party, you gain no advantage there
If you kill things faster everyone gets more xp, including you.
>>
>>385805301
Every definition I have found specifies that it either gives you an advantage in PvP games, or it gives you something you can acquire through no other method other than paying for it, neither of which is true in this case.

The phrase you are using doesn't mean what you think it means and has literally no bearing on a cooperative tower defense/autism building game.

People are taking issue with what you're saying because you're using it in a way I've literally never seen it used before, never played the game you're talking about, and consistently ignore the fact that people have ceded that yes, it is a pay to grind faster game.
>>
>>385805356
>But the free player can also have that higher digit?
His chances of having that higher digit are reduced.

>You don't finish missions faster,
You kill faster, which means more waves, which means more xp.

>You may kill a fraction of a second faster,
Which as I've just illustrated gives you an advantage by making things easier.

>You can't pay to win the mission.
Apparently you're only playing the easy, early missions.
>>
>>385805301
>I refer you to all of the examples you continue to list.
Gonna have to bring me up to speed on this one because I haven't listed anything that gives one player an advantage over another.
>>
>>385805490
>People are taking issue with what you're saying because you're using it in a way I've literally never seen it used before, never played the game you're talking about, and consistently ignore the fact that people have ceded that yes, it is a pay to grind faster game.
First time on /v/ discussing this issue I take it. Pay to win is not exclusive to competitive games. Paying to grind faster is literally pay to win. I'm explicitly telling you this right now.
>>
File: 1347849687418.png (255KB, 1029x809px) Image search: [Google]
1347849687418.png
255KB, 1029x809px
>>385805495
Read your post again. You mention at least two things that are actual advantages that you swiftly brush aside as being inconsequential even though that are legitimate, quantifiable advantages in game that you are actively trying to brush under the rug like I wouldn't fucking notice.
>>
>>385805561
> I'm explicitly telling you this right now.
Do you know what explicitly means? No shit, dude.

I'm saying you're using the word incorrectly. Google it, and you'll see every definition listed agrees with me. You're the only hold out.
>>
>>385801750
Will the game live long enough to provide fanart of the thicc milf?
>>
ITT: shitters who have never touched the game shitpost incessantly about something they know nothing about

buying loot llamas doesn't give you an advantage, if you're going to say paying money for a higher chance at getting a gun that does .5% more damage when fully upgraded makes the game p2w then you're a fucking moron arguing semantics because you're desperate to not be wrong

that being said, the game does have flaws, but it's a pretty solid game right now, weapons have durability, but you unlock schematics so you can just make more, materials are persistent, so farming ore is really easy, once you learn the nuances of the random map generator you can find chests and mines easily on any map

I haven't found any schematics that take any super rare items to create, so there's no reason to just buy shit constantly like a phone game

I haven't spent a penny other than buying the game itself and I have 5 legendary weapon schematics, 2 legendary trap schematics, a mythic survivor, like 6 legendary survivors, a couple epic heroes, and earlier today just pulled a legendary outlander striker

the only real complaint I have with the game is how clunky and unresponsive the menus seem, especially the skill tree, it's fucking annoying trying to scroll over from the first node every time you get more skill points

any bros on psn? would be fun to have some people to play with besides randos, the game is fun to begin with but when you have a team of people who all actually know what they're doing and you can farm encampment missions it's an absolute blast
>>
>>385805491
>His chances of having that higher digit are reduced.
Actually with the drop rates of good gear, it's not a lower chance at all. Thanks to RNG and a wide range of good weapons, a single week into playing and a good chunk of free players will have epic or legendary weapons

>You kill faster, which means more waves, which means more xp.
That's not quicker mission completion, you really are trying hard to dodge things you don't have answers to aren't you? XP is shared. Free players benefit just as much as payed players. XP also does not constitute a win, so that's not even close to p2w?

>Which as I've just illustrated gives you an advantage by making things easier.
Which isn't winning? You get maybe 20 more XP, wewlad that's YUGE. Not like it takes 20k to level up or anything.

>Apparently you're only playing the easy, early missions.
I've finished plankerton actually, waiting on canny valley release to bother starting because they're refreshing anything you build anyway. I play with 2-3 free players at any given time, they aren't struggling at all. As I said earlier, one is even technically ahead of me.
>>
>>385805623
Still in the dark bud, going to have to greentext that one for me with a reaction image so you really get your point across.
>>
>>385805491
>You kill faster, which means more waves, which means more xp.
that's not how this game works at all, like not even fucking close
holy fucking shit, you literally have never played this game and have no fucking clue what you're talking about

is there a mod that can give this dude an hour ban or something? this is blatant shitposting which is against the board rules
>>
>>385805631
I'm saying your definition of the word is incorrect. The fact that you need to reference a search function to tell you what to think should raise a red flag in your mind. You do not understand the argument if you feel the compulsion to LOOK UP the DEFINITION of the very thing you are defending AFTER you've already started defending it.

>You're the only hold out.
Nobody else is bothering because nobody else cares. It's early in the morning and this argument is old. It's really simple. All you need to do is read.

If you can, through any number of steps, purchase an advantage, or purchase more chances at gaining an advantage in game, however small and no matter how that advantage manifests, the game is pay to win. If that advantage means you have to spend less time grinding, or get more returns for your grinding in the same amount of time, that is pay to win. It doesn't matter if the game is PVP; the concept of paying for an advantage does not mean an advantage against other players; it means an advantage free players do not possess. The argument that free players can get chances for advantages too is irrelevant because paying players also get those free chances at advantages on top of the ones that they pay for.
>>
>>385805658
The menus are pretty shit, especially on console. The collection book in particular is frustrating to navigate. Epic says they're looking into fixing it.

Does the game have weird lag when switching your squad bonuses around on the launch screen for anyone else? It sucks when I just want to swap two slots and it takes half a minute.

>>385805997
Say whatever you want, dude, I'm going to talk about the game with people who have actually played it now. I implore other anons to do the same.
>>
>>385805857
>they're refreshing anything you build anyway
can you elaborate on this? they're not wiping schematics and survivors and shit are they? just actual weapons and mats?
>>
>>385805968
It is how the game works. Shit poster.
>>
>a game has the same art style so it must be the same type of game

Jesus Christ kys. You literally know nothing about the game. Kys you stupid, cocksucking piece of shit.
>>
>>385806071
>Say whatever you want, dude, I'm going to talk about the game with people who have actually played it now. I implore other anons to do the same.
In other words you admit the game is pay to win but you enjoy it anyway. This is what I've been telling you people to do from the beginning.

You're free to enjoy the game as much as you want. That's what games are for. You only got ridiculed because you decided to try and blow smoke up everyone's asses by claiming the game isn't pay to win. You're allowed to enjoy pay to win games. Just see the game for what it is and accept that some people aren't going to like it because of that reason.
>>
>>385806071
the menus for me just lag really bad in general, like in the collection book and skill and research trees there's a full 1-2 second delay after every input, and sometimes in game if I move to fast like to build a trap real quick or something it can drop inputs, but it's not as noticeable as in the menu outside of a mission

you can tell the game was built with mouse and keyboard in mind, they did the best they could with what they had but the game is a bit too complicated for a console controller
>>
>>385806228
dude just fuck off already, you've made it clear you've never even played the game and you're just basing your argument on misinformation, no one cares what you think

by your definition shit like tf2 is p2w, just fuck off, sperglord
>>
>>385806385
It fucking is. Any game where anything that you can buy from the store gives any kind of gameplay advantage is pay to win by definition.
>>
I want to talk about the game but /v/ won't let me, all these threads get are shit posters regurgitating the same thing over and over no matter how many times they are corrected
>>
>>385806457
what in the tf2 store gives you an advantage when stock weapons are the best for everyone?
>>
>>385806556
I'm gonna check /vg/ for a thread, they're all waifufags but at least that board has video game discussion
>>
>>385806556
You can fuck off back to your safespace reddit board for this shit then. Or go circlejerk in /vg/general with other gullible retards who bought early access.
>>
>>385803224
This, holy shit. These niggers need exterminatus.
>>
>>385806718
>durr safespace
Literal drooling retard.
>>
>>385801750
>managed to sell 500k copies with literally zero marketing and after being dormant for 5 years
I say no
>>
>>385806773
I am seriously amazed how it managed to do that, dungeon defenders 2, as shit as it is, miles above this abortion, hell even sanctum is.

Twitch was a mistake.
>>
>>385806937
Is there a more mismanaged TD series then Dungeon Defenders?
>>
>>385806718
>image board about video games
>try to talk about a video game
>HURRR DURRRR FUCK OFF DONT TALK ABOUT THAT HERE

the absolute state of your life, m8
>>
>>385801807
When the name is in the pic your just trying to hard newfag.
>>
Well Battleborn isn't fun, so no. Though it looks somewhat ugly like it.
>>
>>385807897
nigger he said what kind of game, not name of game you retard
>>
>>385801750
>published by Tecent
>40 bucks
>microtransactions up the ass for progression
>not on steam or origin or any store
gee I wonder
>>
>>385801750
is it fun though?
>>
>>385801750
Yes.
>>385801807
>>385801812
>>385802229
Not to mention it has a terrible HUD. Worst HUD I've ever seen in a video game apart from Battleborn's.
>>
>>385809043
I've watched a friend play it. 90% of the game is hitting cars, and 10% of it is hitting slowly moving zombies. Probably not worth your time.
>>
>>385809017
>>published by Tecent
Oh man, you mean the Chinese equivalent of EA, the ones that own league of legends? Yeah nah fuck that shit, I'm not touching it with a 10 foot pole.
>>
>>385801750

Hey.

Post THICCnite

>>385801807
>>
>>385809407
>I've watched a friend play it.
Lol, I love /v/.
>Sex?
>I saw a friend do it. Sweaty, very repetitive. Probably not worth my time.

How hard is it to keep your mouth shut if you don't know what you're talking about?
>>
When did it become acceptable to shove pay-to-play multiplayer games full of cosmetics? Like absolutely SHOVED TO THE BRIM with them? There's effectively no difference between P2P and F2P multiplayer games now.
>>
>>385809564
>Food analogies weren't dumb enough, so you had to resort to sex analogies

If sex was 90% not having fun and 10% having slightly more no fun, then I wouldn't recommend that either.
>>385809658
And there are retards who will unironically defend it. For free.
>>
>>385809784
You haven't played it so you don't know. That's the point. It doesn't matter what the analogy is, the point is what matters. You're talking about something you haven't experienced like your opinion has any value. You're talking out of your ass.
>>
>>385809658
>>385809920
There's literally zero(0) cosmetic items in this game.
>>
>>385802024
A spelling mistake
>>
>>385809920
Literally the only thing you can't discern about a game from watching over your friend's shoulder is the controls. That's it.
>>
>>385810787
Whatever justification you need to keep judging games you've literally never played. Imagine if a game reviewer watched an LP and then reviewed a game. How much would you value that review?
>>
>>385802503
>>385802509
>straight up fucking lying
fuck off you shill. The game is 100% geared around forcing you to pay once you reach plankerton and beyond, not just because epic weapons dont do jack fuck anymore, but because you need to break down weapons to get materials to level up your legendary weapons and survivers. The survivor mechanic by itself doesnt make any fucking sense in a game like this at all, the entire thing reeks of mobile garbage that somehow got fused with a console game. You dont even fucking keep the bases that you build since the entire game is mission based so everything goes away after you clear the mission. The only base you keep is your storm shield which you can only do missions there when your shitty little claptrap-like robot tells you you can. The game doesnt even fucking have a horde mode, which is what it was fucking advertised as. Dont buy this piece of shit game, the devs straight up ignored the alpha testers for years and they'll certainly ignore the """"""beta"""""" testers as well.

also
>difference between common and legendary are negligible
Im fucking laughing. a common gun will do like 40dps, a legendary does around 200. I've got a legendary floor trap that absolutely shitstomps any other traps i ever find because of how dumb strong it is.
tl;dr
fuck you shill
>>
>>385811820
> How much would you value that review?
Exactly the same as normal if they watched the entire LP from start to finish and didn't try and comment on the controls.
Watching the game played silently on Youtube is how I get the majority of my reviews now. Reviewers are pointless.

And your game is shit. So fuck off, shill.
>>
>>385812452
You're a living cliche, my man. Your post embodies everything typical to the worst of /v/.

Congratulations. Fortnite is an alright game. I think you have to play a game to have a valid opinion on it. If that makes me a shill, then I guess you're just a fucking idiot.
>>
>>385809017
its also published by gearbox
>>
The UI is a disaster
>open armory
>there's no weapons in it
what did they mean by this
>>
>>385812309
>You dont even fucking keep the bases that you build since the entire game is mission based so everything goes away after you clear the mission
Why would you expect otherwise? Did you get disappointed in the AoE2 campaign when you had to rebuild your civ and army every time?
>>
>>385812979
watch a trailer from 2014, or last fucking year for that matter. The game was advertised completely differently than what it is now.
>>
>>385812621
>You're a living cliche, my man. Your post embodies everything typical to the worst of /v/.
Not an argument. You still haven't given any reason whatsoever why I should be wrong.
Music, gameplay, graphics, all this you can see by watching someone play. The ONLY thing you cannot tell is the responsiveness of the controls.
>Congratulations. Fortnite is an alright game.
It's P2W, Early Access, and published by fucking Tencent. The gameplay is repetitive and involves high amounts of RNG and very little actual combat. There is nothing "alright" about it, it's a garbage fire.

You're either a shill OR you're very, very stupid.
>>
>>385813076
You didn't answer the question.

Why would you expect static bases on instanced, randomized missions? Did you also expect for loot in these missions to not respawn? For resources to not respawn? What a great idea, let's have all missions occur in the same world where the entire map has been scoured clean and there's a massive fuckheap of a base already built.

I dunno what to say, there's a base you continually build and defend that keeps your changes, 1 for each zone. A horde mode would be great, but there's no reason to assume that because one isn't in now that it will literally never be added.

Also, relying on trailers to be an accurate depiction of a game nowadays is a mistake. I have no idea how people keep falling for it. You'd think with how wise and cynical /v/ is you'd know better by now.
>>
>>385813369
What is there to argue? We fundamentally disagree. The end.
>You're either a shill OR you're very, very stupid.
The sheer fucking irony.
>>
>>385813372
Why would you expect static bases on instanced, randomized missions?

>the game advertises itself as a horde mode tower defense game
>lol y did u expect horde mode

well gee maybe because they said it was a horde mode game? and instead what we got is defending this shitty reactor for 7 minutes then doing it over again. maybe because theres no point to building large bases like they try to claim, since everything charges at you at ground level or at tallest 1 floor above. all you ever see are 1-2 story shitshacks that are built once people are bored with scavanging around for the quest missions (which are all the fucking same, turn on 4 transceivers in a 15+ zone, complete 2 15+ missions)

not to mention its BARELY a tower defense since you cant hardly path the zombies since all they want to do is run straight at the objective and bash down any walls in their way. The game reeks of a million different ideas getting slapped together without actually having any of those ideas polished or actually made correctly.
>>
>>385813807
Did you expect it only to have horde mode and no mission? How long did it take you to realize that instanced missions wouldn't keep the changes you made to the map saved? How often to you have to have someone help you pull your own tongue out of your throat?
>>
>>385813446
>N-no U!
You're not worth whatever they're paying you.
>>
>>385802024
It's the amount of time the playerbase will last.
>>
>>385814083
nice ad homs kiddo
>devs claim game is going to be x
>its y
>lol ur dum
enjoy the (you)
>>
>Posters: 35
>One person has been autistically defending the game this entire thread from all other anons with weaksauce arguments

There's no way this isn't shilling.
>>
>>385814183
I haven't said anything about the game, and the only thing I disagree with you about is the playing vs watching a game.

That's why I think you're dumb. You're so eager to hivemind and shit the bed screaming shill you can't even keep track of the conversations you're having.

>>385814220
>Ad homs
Did you come to /v/ expecting academic debating? Sorry man, if it took you until just now to realize you weren't going to get what's in the trailer then you must not have played many games in the past decade. It is what it is.
>>
>>385804464
>You cannot progress faster no matter how many legendaries you're sporting.
STop me if I'm wrong, but legendaries are supposed to be powerful gear correct? If someone has strong gear than they will obviously kill things faster than people with more common gear. Thus if it's a "defend" mission things are much easier even if they can't literally go "MADE IN HEAVEN NO STANDO" and speed up the clock. It won't go by faster, but it will certainly be EASIER. Meanwhile they can also progress through the find and rescue missions faster becauses they can kill whatever's in the way faster.
Paying for lootboxes, while not giving you better gear automatically, gives you more chances for better gear.
>>
I just got up to canny valley (third area out of four) and it turns out it's not even half done. Your quests just stop part way through. You know what that means? If you keep playing right now, when they add the quests back you won't be able to party with people randomly, and since mobs aren't scaled you'll never be able to win. GG.

It's a fucking disaster filled with mobile game tier p2w transactions and ALL upgrades, not just even specifically broken stuff, but literally ALL upgrading and ALL weapons and ALL characters are tied to real money transactions, you can get maybe half of enough for a loot crate in a day, end of story.

I don't know why they have all this p2w shit if they're charging money for the base game. Save that for when you go f2p (which they've already announced is happening, so anyone paying money for this and not just getting it off of twitch streamers is a sucker.
>>
>>385814386
Legendaries definitely do make things easier and buying lootboxes gives you more shots at legendaries. So, buying shit does make the game easier.
>>
>>385814476
And yet there's one person in this thread shilling the hell out of it.
>>
>>385814386
>>385814547
its not just getting legendaries that makes the game easier. It gives you the schematics which you can retire for drops of rain/other parts which are used to level up your guns. legendaries are the best because they can go to a higher max level than the rest of the guns, which is needed in higher areas. Epic guns (purple) and below will just tickle the enemies later on down the line because around plankerton all the enemies become fuckhuge bullet sponges which require fucking tons of ammo to kill, not to mention shooting that much breaks your guns that much faster.
>>
>>385814698
>ctrl-f "shill"
>9 results
Stop shilling the word shill.
>>
>>385814858
Ah, the shill is new here! Hello Tencent shill!
Are they called Tencent because that's how much they pay you weekly to pretend to be a fan of their bad game?
>>
>>385814760
>Never played the game the post.
>>
>>385815048
>lying
fuck off shill
>>
>>385815019
Yeah dude, totally.
>>
>>385814202

Underrated
>>
>>385815048
At any valid criticism you say "b-but you haven't played the game!!" even though he has. No matter what they say. What would he have to gain by lying? Because we know what you have to gain by lying in defense of the game.

Obvious fucking shill. 0/10, give Tencent back their pocket money, you aren't earning it.
>>
how do you even become a shill
i wanna get paid for being a retard
>>
>>385809017
>published by Tecent
yeah, the Asian versions, why the fuck are you buying those?

>microtransactions up the ass for progression
literally false
>>
>>385815048
As the "shill" I have to say that you're incorrect and that that's exactly how legendaries/epics work.
>>
>>385801750
those women seem STRONK

and I bet they get that BBC
>>
>>385815048
he's right though. Without rare or higher schematics (which you get ONE (1) guaranteed from a loot llama, it's totally RNG if you get more, and you may or may not just get a survivor instead meaning no manuals for your guns until you get lucky which could be literal weeks of grinding). Sure you need to upgrade survivors too, but they are SIGNIFICANTLY less important, in fact, they hurt you, because having higher FORT power means you're ineligible for more missions sooner, and thrown to higher level missions before you have gear that can help you.

I won't even get started on needing to re-roll weapons to get teh right element to beat elemental husks later on, because may the lord help your poor 1-2 damage per shot soul against 10-15,000 health fatties with the wrong element. Wanna know how you get a new element? Totally rng.
>>
>>385804998
Except it does and makes it no longer pay to win since they are not required to pay in order to win. Paying to alleviate grinding is not the same.
>>
I've been reading a lot over the years and been watching many hours of gameplay by now and to me it looks incredibly repetitive and flawed.

The enemies are not smart and weird enough to make for challenging defenses.
Defense building (building a maze and traps) means doing the same layout over and over as there is no way to funnel the AI due to it attacking walls, invalidating most possible designs the nice editor would allow.
Classes are not unique enough to bring one over the other - some are outright inferior to other kinds, making it questionable to field them.
Weapons feel highly identical and the passive perks they come with are very boring in design - why no complex status effects and unique mechanics like chanining attacks and other weird modifiers like other games offer?
It's f2p done the wrong way with tedious mandatory unlocks and else p2w slapped on top (not that it matters for a PvE game but it's rather sad and discouraging for anyone who might want to pick it up) and I doubt it will generate enough income for them to sustain.

Then there's the fact that this has been around for roughly 5 years (or so). I've been hearing about this for so long with so many development stages and yet it never went anywhere. It's nice that they finally release it but it doesn't seem more advanced than what it was years ago and the current result shows they have creative and production issues to put it in good shape towards a release. To me this early access release seems pretty much like a cash-grab to recoup some of the development costs after they realized this will never go anywhere but for some reason hadn't pulled the plug years ago.
>>
>>385816502
that's exactly what it is. Ignoring the fact you can literally pay for guaranteed top tier legendary weapons right now with the "limited edition" and "ultimate edition", the rerolling for legendary weapons until you get energy damage is ridiculous, because you can have something really good, and it ends up worthless because it's nature against a fire husk or something and that's just the end of it, you'll do literally 0 damage to an enemy, when you're doing fucking 700-800 a shot on others.
>>
>>385816502
>Defense building (building a maze and traps) means doing the same layout over and over as there is no way to funnel the AI due to it attacking walls, invalidating most possible designs the nice editor would allow.
This pisses me off the most. I came into this game thinking I could create elaborate kill boxes and trap mazes to funnel hordes of enemies through, only to see husks attack the first wall they see, even when there's an open path right next to them.
>>
To the shill defending it and calling it P2W, there is literally a weapon you can only get by preordering that's a statistical upgrade to the normal stuff. That's inarguably P2W, not even "Pay to not grind".
>>
>>385817412
Do you not know how to reply to a post?

Also that's not an exclusive weapon. You can get the schematic from llamas.
>>
Stop posting in shill thread, you're giving them free advertising.
>>
>>385817861
You're genuinely pathetic, Anon.
>>
>$60 for a founder's pack to a FTP game I don't even know is good

lol, no. Fucking founder's pack for Paladins was $20 and I bought it on sale, after playing the game for a week.
>>
>>385817976
It's $40 for a founder's pack.
>>
File: 1501192567611.webm (3MB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1501192567611.webm
3MB, 1024x576px
>>385801750
>>385801807
>>385801892
>>385802017
>>385802024
I'll explain some of these posts.

It's Orcs Must Die + Terraria (some say Borderlands instead).

It features thicc, but she's subpar as a hero, bear daddy is just better and it isn't even the best class to play nor the cutest girl.

It goes F2P "some time in 2018". It IS a F2P game by design, it's only in a paid early access because reasons, and this is why it features microtransactions in the form of random loot boxes* (*llama piñatas) with random upgrades/garbage. You can still get these lootboxes by just playing the game, or even buy them with ingame currency that you also get from just playing the game.

Other than that it's a pretty typical game of build defenses and get attacked by waves of monsters. Resource gathering is required to build your bases, but gathering goes really fast and is more of a mini game.

It's fun and addictive, and has the most enjoyable building system in any game I've played bar none.
>>
>>385817976
I can sell you one of my two friend codes (which unlocks the base game) for about $30, if interested see https://www.reddit.com/r/indiegameswap/comments/6qwgii/h_fortnite_w_paypal_steam_wishlist/
>>
>>385817749
He might be referring to the Founder's versions of the same weapons, in which the ONLY difference is that they cost like 1 copper ore less to craft, which is absolutely nothing. The only good thing about Founder's versions of weapons is that they can't be accidentally trashed.
>>
>>385816502
>>385817019
>there's no way to funnel the AI
Strange how I've done it almost since the beginning. It took me two or three missions to learn how to funnel them into going exactly where I want every time. There's literally a one picture guide on the /vg/ general thread with this.
>>
File: 1500611230641.png (234KB, 477x480px) Image search: [Google]
1500611230641.png
234KB, 477x480px
I guess I'm the only one here, so I'm looking like a total shill while just replying to retarded posts now I guess

>these complaints about elemental damage
>they're this late into the game and haven't realized that you can carry not only one, but THREE weapons in your equip slot at once, not to mention that you can very quickly swap any weapon out from your backpack at any time
>>
>>385801750
in art style and UI design yes 100% but /v/ eats "basebuilding" awful combat shit like this up for breakfast
>>
>>385801750
games are almost instant so i would say no
>>
File: cock.jpg (27KB, 580x325px) Image search: [Google]
cock.jpg
27KB, 580x325px
>>385801750
I watched it on Giantbomb being shilled by the dev and it looked like TRASH.

Far and away the worst thing looks like the combat. Base building also seems like a bunch of oversized minecraft blocks and looks like shit.

Look up how long this has been in development and be fucking amazed.
>>
>retarded fags who purchased this abomination are trying to defend it
Keep trying, shills. There is no way I'm getting it.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZ1g604g7N8
>>
>>385819545
>abomination
What makes you say that?

>graphics are gorgeous
>artstyle is basically pixar
>m-m-muh SJW!!!! because its promotions feature a black guy and two women, while the objectively strongest heroes in the game are bear daddy and the male variants of soldiers
>combat is simple but fun, its combat barely differs from games like borderlands, terraria or orcs must die, games that /v/ have almost never spoken badly of
>>
File: 1766760-gabe_newell.png (1MB, 808x740px) Image search: [Google]
1766760-gabe_newell.png
1MB, 808x740px
>>385819980
>>graphics are gorgeous
>>artstyle is basically pixar
>>
>>385819980
>combat barely differs from terraria
have you played EITHER of those games?
>>
>>385820052
>cartoonized UE4 looks bad all of a sudden
>i guess it's more like 2007 TF2, another game /v/ loved

>>385820102
For hundreds of hours each, yes.
Fortnite's combat, and the combat of all of those games, are LITERALLY all about moving around and leftclicking. Well to be fair in Borderlands you also have ONE ability per character to use, whereas in Fortnite you can have any two gadgets on all classes as well as subclass (there's like 20 of them) unique abilities and traits.
>>
>>385801750

this game is actually boring shit

it tries to be like 3 different games in one and none of them are any fun
>>
>>385820383
Orcs Must Die, Terraria and Borderlands are actually some of the closest GOTY candidates in each of the years they came out. Terraria goes through the GOTY contender phase pretty much every year it gets a major update though.
>>
>>385820292
terraria allows you to get through difficult fights with skill in kiting.
fortnite tells you to fuck off and spend more money to upgrade your gear by destroying your weapons if you can't kill enemies fast enough.
>>
File: 1000times.jpg (114KB, 580x842px) Image search: [Google]
1000times.jpg
114KB, 580x842px
>>385820514
>Orcs Must Die, Terraria and Borderlands are actually some of the closest GOTY candidates in each of the years they came out.

I like you for some reason
>>
>>385820626
You do realize that the tier of gear obtainable in the game right now aren't even designed for the second area of the game, right? It's all loot intended for the first area. That's why the second area is such a spike up in difficulty, but also why it's perfectly beatable by playing with literally one other player, in a game where you lose nothing on just playing a full group.
>>
>>385820983
>all designed for the first area
what
>>
>>385820626
I'm in mid Plankerton (the second area since you've never played the game) using Level 15 Rares and I down enemies very quickly. I have not spent a single dime on the game as my friend gave me a free Standard copy. I legitimately kill things faster than he does because I understand how the weapons work.
>>
>>385821429
>using level 15 rares to down enemies very quickly
mind posting a video of that then? Cause my legendary quickshot and my legendary razor at level 20 each (though only 2 star still) are doing barely 300 damage a headshot on enemies, and that takes nearly a full mag of each to get a kill on fatties.
>>
>>385821321
The first area of the game is actually very well balanced all around. It's definitely a finished zone both in progression, pacing, story, etc.
The second area is still being worked on, it's only playable because the story has been put in, but balancing it is a work in progress. Remember, it's an early access game in a stage between alpha and beta.

Lastly, the third area of the game is blatantly unfinished. People cry bitch tears about it like it's unexpected or something.
It's. Early. Access. Not even a beta version of the game yet. People are being childish as hell over this nonsense whining over things that you literally can not expect. It's almost like this is the very VERY first early access games they've ever played. Meanwhile I have played a dozen early access titles, so I know what to expect.
>>
>>385821647
Are you fucking cereal? My epic deconstructor shotgun does 400+ on headshots. At level 1/10. In Stonewood.
>>
>>385821676
>it's an early access game
with a $60 paid physical release being sold retail in stores. It's not early access.
>>
>>385821647
What were their Level rolls? Both my Level 15 assault rifles have an accumulative 30% damage increase by the skills alone.
>>
>>385821751
>in stonewood
no fucking WONDER, I'm talking about plankerton you mong. Of course shit trash mobs will be destroyed by trash gear. When you get past rank 5 FORT you'll see a huge drop off in damage and spike in enemy health.
>>385821825
both energy, both 15% damage on the level 15. Plus crit damage on the 20 on the razor, crit chance on the quickshot.
>>
>>385821792
$40 or 40€. You can only find it at a higher price on third party sites. You can also get the game completely for free from a friend code. It's also a F2P game in every sense of the word because it's built to be one from the get go.
For an early access game. Nowhere is it being sold as anything BUT early access.
>>
Is Sentinel Hype worth leveling? Seems like the only Constructors worth a shit are Penny and Kyle
>>
>>385821937
>completely free from a friend code
if you have a friend who bought the $80 version.
>nowhere is it being sold as anything but early access
except in retail stores where it's got 0 mention anywhere of it being early access, or in the PSN and XBL stores where it has no mention of being early access.

I will applaud them on crossplay though, it's cool being able to play with my ps4 friends.
>>
>>385821967
Completely up to your own PLAYSTYLE. Penny and Kyle are popular because they're simple as fuck, one literally being all about just leftclicking their way through missions with a hammer equipped, the other being all about setting up a fortified base and letting traps/other players kill everything safely from there.
>>
>>385821902
I'm not sure what the issue is then, my assault rifles are only Rare so I can't level them up higher than 20. I know I'm using my Legendary Ramirez with them (she has a skill that gives ARs 24% more damage but I don't have that unlocked yet), so I don't know if that makes a difference.

What could also be killing you is not leveling your Offense stat in the Skill/Research trees.
>>
>>385821676
>its early access
and there goes any shred of credibility you might have had.
>not even a beta
haha except on the xbone version it says closed beta and that it was supposed to release on the 25th
>>
>>385822112
I've been focusing entirely on tech and offense, and I got a lucky mythic outlander from those 15 free llamas a few days ago, so my stats are pretty okay (she's 3 stars level 23), I'm telling you, I don't believe you about killing mobs in plankerton with rares in any sort of reasonable timeframe. I burn through 800-900 bullets in a mission EASILY, with over 80% accuracy.
>>
File: 0X6HTg5.jpg (147KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
0X6HTg5.jpg
147KB, 1920x1080px
>>385822067
>if you have a friend who bought the $80 version
Doesn't counter my argument in any way, shape or form. You CAN still get it for free that way.

>retail stores
Okay, I'll admit defeat here, I really don't pay attention to that shit. Haven't for years. Retail isn't a concern to me anymore. That sounds fucking retarded though, should really be fixed asap because that genuinely fools customers.

>>385822180
I took this screencap just for this post. See that big-ass EARLY ACCESS logo in the corner? It's all over the game, at least in-game.
It's objectively an early access game in a stage between alpha and beta. The "release" last week was just the alpha ending and opening up a paid early access.

The game is slated for real release when it "goes" F2P in 2018. It is in no means considered anything but an in-progress early access game until that point.
>>
>>385822358
If you don't want to believe me then that's not my problem. I just did the first "Build the Shelter" story mission yesterday.
>>
>>385822442
You CAN but it's like saying you CAN win the lottery, that's not a valid argument to the fact they're charging money for a game that's not only designed as f2p, but is literally announced to be going f2p, and is being marketed in retail stores as a complete game all it's own, with no mentions of microtransactions.
>>
>>385822606
Not him but what's your gear and hero, levels and stats? I just wanna be somewhat prepared.
>>
>>385822606
I'm saying you're spewing bullshit and I'd like some proof, it's not that hard to record a video clip, surely. If you don't want to give it, well, then I know you're lying for sure, even though I'm already 90% sure.
>>
>>385822442
except again it says beta on the XBOX version, not the pc version.
>>
>>385822623
>that's not only designed as f2p
... Yes? It IS a F2P game. In early access for people who literally get rewarded with founders rewards for founding the current stage of the game.
>>
>>385822442
Why does every game now imitate that ugly as fuck blizzard artstyle
>>
>>385822770
Not sure, it's popular?
Luckily Fortnite copies TF2, not any Blizzard game.
>>
>>385818336
post the original
>>
>>385818336
>It's fun and addictive
*shit
>>
>BUY MY GAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>385807897

dumb cunt, literally go buy a shotgun and blow your brains out NOW
>>
>>385823241
Not at all. It's legitimately fun. The core gameplay, the base building, the variety of missions, the satisfaction of looting treasure chests, and doing any of it with more players is just great entertainment.

It's addictive because you can lose hours just building a comfy base and upgrading shit.
>>
>>385822653
Overall Level is 21, using a Level 15 Legendary Ramirez I got out of the 15 Free Llamas. I have all of the first Skill Tree completely maxed out save for the last 3 Defenders you get and the first Research Tree near done. You'll have to forgive my uninformative answer as I'm at work right now.

>>385822704
I'm not spewing shit, I can put things down reasonably. And again, I'm at work so even if I wanted to take the time to record a clip I couldn't. What you may also want to look at is your Fireteam Alpha Squad. I have 3 "Ranged Damage Up" Survivors on that squad so I get a bonus for it. And I actually just thought of this right now, I would have to ask my friend how many "Party Offense Bonus" nodes he has in his Skill Trees because that could be what's bumping me up as I don't usually play without him.
>>
>>385823321
Do you feel accomplished?
>>
>>385823321
>WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH IT LOOKS LIKE SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>385822915
I kinda just hate cartoony optics and they are overly popular since blizzard started that trend.
>>
The shilling by this one guy to defend a P2W, Early Access shitshow is unreal. Hope he's getting paid overtime.
>>
I love it I just wish they would add more stuff to put In side your bases so it isn't so empty
>>
>>385801750
They're both terrible, yes.
>>
>>385801750
Not as inflated with self-confidence as Battleborn
>>
a friend gifted me a key, its alright, yeah its F2P by desing so the further you progress the more grindy it gets, but its OK, a nice time waster.
>>
>>385801750
Nah, it's probably the next Trove though.
>>
>>385801750
Flat out awful, just like Battleborn. The game is literally broken; 0/10, would not recommend
>>
>>385807897
>what is reading comprehension
Go back to school you race-mixing faggot.
>>
>somehow /v/ thinks this is a e-sport
>the devs made an none-sport but fun gameplay
> /v/ says that overwatch is better
> a fucking e-sport wich sucks cuz the developers are more focused on balance than adding game content even fucking early access nowdays has more content.
/v/ideoganes amrite?
>>
>>385828341
Overwatch is shit. This is also shit. /thread
>>
File: sQoetvL.png (90KB, 116x339px) Image search: [Google]
sQoetvL.png
90KB, 116x339px
>>385826568
>>385827013
>>385827875
>>385827920
In the future, play before you judge, kiddo.
>>
File: 1459919923323.jpg (36KB, 579x577px) Image search: [Google]
1459919923323.jpg
36KB, 579x577px
Battleborn was good. Yeah I said it.
>>
>modern day

Battleborn was literally last year.
>>
>>385814202
I
C
E
B
U
R
N
Thread posts: 246
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.