[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fortnite

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

Is it worth getting?
>>
>le diverse cast meme
>four characters
>two white girls but no white guy

Trash it.

I played thousands of hours of L4D2. I don't need to play this abomination.
>>
>>385795983
without listing all its flaws ill just give you a straight answer

no
>>
>>385796127
Aren't there unlockable characters?
>>
>>385796226
What are some of the flaws? It looks pretty fun if you have bros to play with
>>
>>385795983
>mmo
>dude diversity lmao
>HAHAHA GEEK JOKE XD
stop shilling this garbage already
>>
>>385795983
I've been playing since Alpha. I'd say no overall.
>>385796127
>four characters
There's 32, but there are only 8 body-types and they just put a different skin tone, features, and clothes on each one. Male/Female of each of the 4 roles has a unique body-type, this was done primarily for ease of modeling.
>>
>>385796474
Why are you still playing it?
>>
No early access game is ever worth getting. Stop being reddit tier cancer.
>>
File: lia 11122.jpg (52KB, 774x465px) Image search: [Google]
lia 11122.jpg
52KB, 774x465px
>>385796335
online only, if server maintenance you cant play
Llamas(lootbox) is only way to get new schematics/cards(aside from chance at daily login/STORY quest rewards.
you need to retire(destroy) cards to get manuals that other cards need to evolve(lvl thier star up)
the Llamas loot is random, you may never get the card you want

you can hit a wall pretty quick if you try doing to many things at once(lvling to much shit instead of focusing)

its goin free2play next year so right now skip it since we are basically beta testing
>>
>>385796615
>Why are you still playing it?
Because it's fun. But I'm also an autismo who loves base-building stuff and doesn't mind the mediocre combat, the fact traps are almost universally useless, the fact Defenders (AI Stand-ins for players you have to personally give weapons and ammo to who use them up like a 2 cent hooker and her heroine) are universally useless, the developers are incompetent, the monetization aspects are way too overthetop, the grind towards the end of the 2nd area is extreme, and the 3rd area literally has 1 finished level.
>>
>>385796718
Overwatch is online only and that's a fantastic game
>>
>>385796838
Nice try, shill
>>
File: 1483683178940.jpg (480KB, 628x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1483683178940.jpg
480KB, 628x1000px
>>385795983
Wait can someone explain to me the pricing structure of this game? Is it like loot based? And are characters locked behind a paywall, despite the standard version being $40?

I don't understand.
>>
>>385795983
The inventory/loot system overshadows the game itself.
>>
>>385796838
you can play and earn lootboxes without spending a dime in overwatch

you cant earn survivors/defender/heroes/schematics in fortnite unless you either pay for Llamas or stockpile the ingame vbucks from limited quests/rewards to buy the Llamas
>>
>>385796968
Lemme break it down as best I can.
>Pricing structure
It's a F2P game and this is its Early Access stage (being owned by Epic Games, they opted to stay in the Epic launcher instead of also hosting it on Steam at present.)
You can buy and earn V-bucks in-game. These are used exclusively to purchase Loot Llamas, the equivalent of a loot box. They contain stuff you can use in various parts of the game:
>Heroes to play as
>Weapons to kill things with
>Survivors and Lead Survivors which act like equipment that you put into slots in the Survivor Squad menu for bonuses to your core stats and secondary stats
>Defenders who you use in place of real players (if they didn't suck so much)
>Traps which you build like Weapons and then tape to parts of your base to kill/move/stun enemies
Unless you get really lucky or save all your Bucks for the few good Special Llamas (a Llama they rotate daily that has specialized/better loot at higher V-buck prices,) getting the characters you more or less need to progress after a while is exceptionally difficult because it's all RNG. You get a few Green and a tiny smattering of Blue Heroes and Weapon/Trap Schematics from main quest, but it's basically not enough.
$40 is their "Entry fee" which gets you access to the game, some decorative banner icons, and a week's worth of Daily Pinatas (which is 1 regular Loot Llama per day for a week and not 6 Loot Llamas per day forever plus a Founder's Llama.)
Characters are not necessarily locked behind a paywall, so much as getting higher rarity copies of them is. Without any serious improvements, F2P players will be almost as bad-off in this game come the 2nd area as new players in modern Everquest.
>>
>>385796127
Why does the colour of pixels matter in a fucking game? Jesus
>>
File: 1497968279627.jpg (81KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1497968279627.jpg
81KB, 1280x720px
>>385797426
That doesn't sound very fun, makes me question why they're even putting the initial game behind a paywall.

Sucks I guess, game looks kind of fun. I'd just think all that loot management sounds really obscene and overbearing compared to the bits and pieces of gameplay that I've seen.
>>
>>385797779
Loot management itself isn't actually that bad. Obtaining the loot is the problem. Gameplay also isn't anything particularly special.
>>
>>385795983
No Fortnite marketing team, it isn't
>>
>>385797426
Well shit that sounds terrible
>>
>>385795983

Post THICCnite
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.