[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6

File: fran.jpg (144KB, 1100x1050px) Image search: [Google]
fran.jpg
144KB, 1100x1050px
Should I drop this game if I'm not enjoying it really at all yet? Just beat the first sewer dungeon where you first unlock gambits.
>>
>>385794705
ff games don't get better if you are not enjoying them
>>
>>385794705
that's so early on, i really wouldn't say you've experienced anything substantial yet, but it's up to you.
>>
That's barely done the prologue. Play up until you get Basche at the earliest.
>>
>>385794705
FF games aren't games you "get into", you either like them or you don't.
It isn't like persona in which you spend the first hours tutorialing before anything happens, and when stuff does happen there is a noticeable, large even, shift in pace and freedom. FF games give brief tutorials and then let you get on with it, nothing new is generally introduced from beginning to end on the gameplay end. The main drive to move forward isn't the gameplay, but the story and characters. So if you aren't involved in either of them, or see yourself getting involved in them anytime soon, you might as well drop the game.
This is the main reason FFVI and VII are so popular, the characters are basically all memorable and likeable, they contain no Hope-like characters to spoil everyone's fun, including the player's.
>>
>>385794705
If one of the things you dislike about it is the linearity, know it won't get better.
>>
>>385794705
>>385795921
On this note Fran has the dumbest most immersion breaking character design of any game ever, period.
>>
>>385796072
A lot of people show a lot of skin in this setting if you notice, it's not immersion breaking
>>
>>385795472
sounds good.

>>385795921
>>385796002
the main thing I was looking towards was the combat. constantly tweaking and building the most efficient killing machine kind of makes me hard. so far the characters are meh and the environments are drab as hell. this game feels like it's lacking heart.
>>
>>385796432
I know you are joking, but I don't hate you any less for it.
>>
>>385796072
Half the people in the group wear stupid clothes. Penelo and Balthier are the only decent outfits.
Basch at least has a reason for how he looks.
>>
>>385796510
Why would you think he's joking? Virtually the entire population of the main city goes around in glorified beachwear. Vaan and Penelo are overdressed compared to their fellow citizens.
>>
>>385794705
Be a man and see it through to the end.
>>
>>385796460
If the whole tweaking builds is what you want, this is most definitely not the game you want to be playing. Heck you'd be better of getting guild wars 1, the entire game is playable solo with heroes anyway, doesn't even matter that it is sort of dead.
>>
>>385796460
the main meat of the game is exploring the optional dungeons and bosses and taking on the elite marks.

You should experience those before you make your final judgement on the game
>>
>>385796590
The joke lies is in the fact that he is acting Fran's shitty character design is caused by a lack of covering clothes, when that is obviously not why the character design sucks. why anon, why do you hate jokes? I said I hated the poster, not his joke. Why do you make me kill jokes by explaining them?
>>
>>385796537
when you find the man in the dungeon yeah, get some fucking clothes once you're back in society though, jesus fucking christ
>>
File: blunder.jpg (17KB, 300x233px) Image search: [Google]
blunder.jpg
17KB, 300x233px
>tfw I went back to the great crystal to get Ultima yesterday
I forgot how horrendous that was.
>>
>>385796674
>you might as well finish the game before dropping it
Bravo, really outdid yourself there.
>>
>>385796002

FFXII isn't linear at all.

Ignore this retard, OP.
>>
>>385794705
This game is about the asses, if they're not enough to make you stick around just drop it.

Watch the cutscenes on youtube or something and play a better rpg.
>>
>>385796878
Yes it is

Shitty MMO quests doesn't stop the fact the main plot is still a line.
>>
>>385796835
you get to those in like 10 hours or less of normal gameplay

>I dont have 10 hours to waste on a game
then why are you even playing an RPG? go fuck off and play a LoL or OW or some shit
>>
Is this ever coming to the PC or should I just play the ps2 version?
>>
>>385796978
>RPG
I wish we would stop referring to the FF games as such. You aren't roleplaying, you don't even get to make decisions. I don't even get the choice to not like a character and refuse his/her companionship (looking at you yuffie and hope).

To OP: go play FFXI, a vastly better game. Better gameplay, better story, better characters. You can even play it in your webbrowser via a plethora of hosts if you are so inclined. The only con is the by now severely dated graphics
>>
>>385796978
Ten hours is a really optimistic estimate for getting to end/postgame content, especially for someone who likely isn't very experienced with this game, or maybe even genre. Plus, if he's not enjoying it an hour or so into the game, chances are that "lol just play it for ten hours before you decide if you like it or not" isn't going to fly.
>>
>>385797362
When I said XI I of course meant VI, 6.
>>
>>385797362
>deciding your parties class composition, allocating points to learn skills, and gaining experience to level up is not RPG

thats as fucking RPG as it gets
>>
>>385797503
It is basically like saying DaS is beatable in under 5 hours easy without any perfect "speed runner" play. Just not on your first blind playthrough, only after you know the game, the layout, the mechanics etc. can you beat it "fast".

A first time blind playthrough of XII isn't going to see the player get to those dungeons in anywhere near 10 hours. You can likely easily double those digits.
>>
File: 1499620945733.png (139KB, 394x360px) Image search: [Google]
1499620945733.png
139KB, 394x360px
I just started playing this last night and I have one question. Where do I get equipments?

I only get girls from treasure chests and I'm up to the point where I'm going to the palace thing and I still have the default dagger lmao.
>>
>>385797567
wrong
>>
>>385796834
Whoever the genius was who decided the great crystal shouldn't have a map, I hope he got fired.
>>
File: Fran with sisters.jpg (25KB, 512x371px) Image search: [Google]
Fran with sisters.jpg
25KB, 512x371px
>built my characters based on what I thought would work best
>Ashe: Knight/Time Mage
>decide to turn this into a solo Ashe summoner run when already in Garif lands
>it's fucking great
>not built for this at all though

Any tips for a solo run with a knight/time mage/summoner? Already have Mateus.

>>385794705
You're extremely early on.
>>
>>385797885
If you look at the zone names they have a pattern that makes it easy to figure out where you are. Added to the fact it's just connected circles that go up or down it makes it easy to draw your own map.

This was the point behind the great crystal layout and not giving it a map. Some people liked making their own maps
>>
>>385797979
>any tips
Yes, throw the disc out of a window and go play an actual good game.
This whole zodiac remake is causing an unsettling amount of revisionism when it comes to this game.
>>
>>385797503
Zertinan Caverns and the 2nd area of Barheim passage garamsyth waterway are not end game areas

Cluckatrice and Rocktoise are not post game content

Notice I said OPTIONAL DUGEONS AND ELITE MARK, which can be undertaken quite early into the game, are the best parts of it. You illiterate speedreading mobile addicted fuck.

And of coarse he needs to play more than an hour of it, this isnt your OW or angry birds or other modern trash that are made to be easyble consumable and disposable, it actually requires the barest amount of dedication to enjoy, and if your addled brain is literally incapable of that then I dont even want you playing FF12, you dont deserve to.
>>
>>385797836
>everygame with a story and dialogue choices is an RPG

wrong
>>
>>385798229
Painkiller is a fantastic game and it requires exactly one picosecond to get into.

The problem with JRPGs that usually cause them to have a "getting into" period is that they require little to no player input for the first 5 hours or more.
The name of the game is "Press X to continue" as you watch a bunch of cutscenes to introduce the mechanics, the characters, the world and the basic plot outline.
You have no say in where any of it is going, who gets to come, or what they get to bring along.
>>
>>385798660
so what your saying is you dont like JRPG

good, fuck off and let other formulate their own opinions without your autistic ass demanding everyone have the same tastes as you.

I on the other hand like JRPGs are understand the importance of giving them the proper amount of time to blossom. Sometimes it pays off and sometimes I realize I am not into it and drop it

If OP is serious about wanting to enjoy the game then he needs to give it the proper time, not drop it before it even begins
>>
File: 1500497923596.png (157KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1500497923596.png
157KB, 500x500px
>>385798229
Right, because when you talk about optional dungeons and elite/bonus bosses in a Final Fantasy game I'm going to assume you mean extra mid-game content. The point still stands, "It gets better ten hours in" is a questionable defense for a game at best, and worth even less when the person in question is already think of dropping it. I'd recommend maybe an hour or two more at the absolute most if he really wants to be sure he's not missing out on something he might like. it does have a pretty slow start, after all The game isn't going to suddenly transform into something he likes just because of some harder content.
>>
>>385799078
And I am saying it might

in the end its him that will decide, neither you or me can speak for him
>>
>>385797885
>not making a mental map inside your head while playing

Are you retarded? Do you get lost when walking outside as well?
>>
>>385794705
This game is for the people who gets an enjoyment out of watching a bar get bigger and numbers go higher. Otherwise, it's very boring.
>>
>>385799051
>pretending everyone in this thread is the same person.
Why do fanboys always do this, is it so inconceivable that more than 1 person dislikes your game of choice so you pretend we are all one and the same?
>>
>>385799269
Can't get lost in places you never enter anon.
>>
File: ashe_by_tsuaii-darx99j.jpg (544KB, 785x1110px) Image search: [Google]
ashe_by_tsuaii-darx99j.jpg
544KB, 785x1110px
>>385794705

I know exactly how you feel,so I will say this: It's true that you haven't yet had a chance to explore the Gambit system much at all, but see everything else you feel about the game, especially the dungeons, is correct. So if you keep going to continue, you will burn out at around the 20 hour mark, then retry for years, but mostly can't get past the first two hours. You will never finish the game until you get absolutely furious with the game and play it through only on that and full knowledge that there will be no joy. A halfhearted "Maybe it will be worth it eventually" attitude will not save you. I heavily recommend you abort your playthrough this time.
>>
>>385799284
where did I ever imply samefag?
You seem awfuly defensive
also:
>I like X
>STFU FANBOY, ONLY FANBOYS CAN LIKE X, OPINION DISCARDED, EVERY NORMAL PERSON CAN SEE X IS SHIT
>>
Go until you fight the mimic queen. If no love is found, get rid of game and instead buy switch
>>
>>385796971
Whoa, it's almost as if it's exactly like 90% of JRPGs.........
>>
>>385797362
No one likes a pedant.
>>
>>385794705

What's the story behind the Seitengrat?
Is it a glitch? is it supposed to be here?
>>
>>385797808
Have you never played a video game before in your life? Jesus.
>>
>>385799960
its there to make you google seitengrat and expand your understanding of the world
>>
>>385799960
Likely a dev-testing weapon, but it's definitely supposed to be there. There's a row of chests in the Phon Coast that, using the first japanese character of each item you get from that, spell out clues to the locations of the Seitengrat/Great Trango/Gendarme (though this is totally lost with the English names, never mind how cryptic it is in the first place).
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.