[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I unironically loved this game.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

I unironically loved this game.
>>
>>385791761
then you're unironically an idiot.
>>
It was enjoyable first time through. Just was an awful Banjo game.
>When you and friends figured out how to play Bumper Cars and shit
>>
>unironically
Why don't you just say "i like this game" instead?
>>
>>385791761
I'm not going to say the "it's a good game but not a good _____ game" shit but this was my first Banjo game and I really fucking loved it. Couldn't understand why anyone hated it until I saw that the original games were completely different and fans were hoping for something more true to the series' genre
>>
I actually really liked the redesign and felt that it was a step up from Rare's usual thing of trying to be cute and completely missing the mark. But the game was kind of boring.
>>
>>385792152
>I'm not going to say the "it's a good game but not a good _____ game" shit

This isn't an invalid thing to say. The game was a major departure from the series, why can't it be criticized for it (especially since it wasn't that good on it's own).
>>
What did you "unironically" love about it?
The huge empty worlds with nothing to do besides the handful of specific missions for the door you entered of which there are usually 4-6 where the only major changes are NPC locations and the time of day?
The repetitive, recycled challenges where you drive through rings or drive an object to a certain location?
The lazy reskinning of about 6 NPCs for each themed world despite the series having dozens of characters to utilize?
The brainless multiplayer where you just repeat the single player missions?
The times when a game about being creative forces you to utilize an objectively inferior pre-made vehicle for another repetitive challenge for no reason?
>>
>>385792263
Cause saying "it's a good game but not a good banjo game" is a shitty way to say "you guys don't like it but I do" instead of saying "yeah the game completely swapped genres out of nowhere and people were understandably pissed, but hey I still enjoyed it"
>>
>>385792571
It isn't the same as saying you don't like it. I would say its a good game but not a good Banjo because it was intended to be shown as the sequel and not a spin off. I wouldn't say the same thing about mario kart being a good game but a bad mario game, because its a departure from the original and the original style sequel will still come out. This is banjo 3 but if you call it that its a bad game relative to expectations.
>>
>>385792938
not him but mario kart was never teased as a new entry in the mainline mario series so that's a retarded comparison
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLWLdO9GLWM
>>
JJ, get the fuck off of /v/ and go fuck your fat wife before I do.
>>
>>385793098
>mario kart was never teased as a new entry in the mainline mario series so that's a retarded comparison

That's exactly what anon was saying. He wasn't comparing them, he was contrasting. Learn the difference.
>>
>>385793098
wait what? That's the point i made , its presented as Banjo 3 which is why the "good game but not good X game" statement is valid unlike mario kart where its clear that mario kart is a spinoff
>>
File: Ace_Attorney_6_cover.png (101KB, 250x223px) Image search: [Google]
Ace_Attorney_6_cover.png
101KB, 250x223px
I unironically prefer this over T&T
>>
>>385791808
FPBP
>>
>>385791761

There's literally nothing wrong with liking this game

But the fact is, it's drastically different from normal banjo games

I still appreciate it for what it is, the Banjo-Kazooie charm was fantastic
>>
File: Banjo Kazooie Porchin'.jpg (305KB, 900x639px) Image search: [Google]
Banjo Kazooie Porchin'.jpg
305KB, 900x639px
I probably spent a decent chunk of time playing it (30+ hours, maybe). Even though I was one of the first to get butthurt over it, it was a fine game. It just got a little monotonous before the end. It was fun designing one-time vehicles to do specific challenges, but eventually you get good enough parts that you could make one single super-car that can do fucking everything. I made a flying penis where the wings attached to the balls, and you could eject from it and just drive the shaft-cycle on the ground.

Nuts and Bolts came out in the November of my 18th birthday during senior year of highschool, in that last stretch of freedom before adult life responsibility. That year, I was stuck at home all of Thanksgiving break with strep throat. The preorder bonus from Gamestop was an early access download code for the original Banjo Kazooie XBLA, released around the same time. One of my best friends sent a shitload of fake emails to Gamestop complaining that he never got his code and recieved a grand total of two, so he shared one with me. That was the first and only time I beat Banjo in one sitting. 100% in 6 hours. Happy memories~
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.