[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happened to the Escapist?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: The Escapist.png (99KB, 648x455px) Image search: [Google]
The Escapist.png
99KB, 648x455px
What happened to the Escapist?
>>
>>385791515
all they need is Yahtzee
>>
File: carlos posse.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
carlos posse.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>385791515
all of its content escaped
>>
Is Zero Punctuation still going? Forgot about it until now.
>>
>>385791648
Yahtzee is the only guy making content for the site apart for some writers and streamers.
It's surprising they still have the site at all.
>>
Zero Punctuation was the thing that gave The Escapist traffic for the longest time, and it's probably still the only thing.
>>
File: end me now.png (41KB, 127x216px) Image search: [Google]
end me now.png
41KB, 127x216px
I miss her.
>>
>>385791767
What about Critical Miss? Is white korra not bringing in views any more?
>>
I don't understand how Yahtzee is still being paid to do what he does.

His Crash review (and I pick this one as one of the more popular) scored him 122k views.

That's fucking nothing. How is this man still able to stay afloat by making one video a week that MAY score a little over 100k views?

Is that Mana Bar place of his pumping him full of cash or something?
>>
>>385791767

Why does Yahtzee stick with them? It seems like they're getting way more from him than he's getting from them at this point. Do they own the rights to that oblong cretin thing in all his videos?
>>
>>385792249

This is just a piss in the wind, but honestly I think they're paying him pretty well. The guy is essentially the only thing keeping their shitty site afloat, so 90% of the monthly income probably goes straight into his pocket.

He let's them be the managers and keep 10% to avoid having to do literally anything but make silly videos.

I'm quite convinced the only reason he sticks with them is because it means a lot less bureaucratic filler-work for him. Even he has to know that they're doing NOTHING for his viewership at this point.
>>
>>385792247
The videos are also put on an Escapist Youtube a week after they go up on Escapist and they get a lot more views there.
>>
>>385792247
>Mana bar
They closed up long ass time ago. Never went there myself, I live nowhere near roo-land, but people said the drinks were shit and playing games were uncomfortable so no surprise there.

The escapist yt channel posts Yaht's ZP vids a week later when they were up so Escapist might get the bulk of the views, but who knows.

He gets some scrap change off of his dull games (Consuming shadow and Hatfall) and he did write some novels which I assume he still gets money off of.
>>
I think the smartest thing The Escapist ever fucking did was force Yahtzee to make an actual intro with THEIR logo in it.

Unless he's willing to sit down and cut up a ton of videos to shop their logo out of it, he's in too deep now.
>>
>you now remember how enjoyable extra credits was for the first season
>you now remember those weird fucking canadians who weren't funny in the slightest
>AHND THANGK GOD.... FO' ME.
>>
>>385792630

>which I assume he still gets money off of

You know that if his books had any degree of success, he wouldn't shut the fuck up about it.
>>
>>385793072
>those weird fucking canadians who weren't funny in the slightest

it was fucking bizarre

on paper, their jokes were generally pretty good

just, like, literally nothing that came out of their mouths could make you laugh, something about their voices?
>>
>>385793608
A couple of years ago I found them on youtube, doing sort of the same shit. They're sponsored by fucking Magic The Gathering now, but they'd all just gotten older and weirder. Guess it just goes to show you can have infinitely funny jokes with your friends, but translating them isn't just recording yourself.
>>
>>385793072
>you now remember those weird fucking canadians who weren't funny in the slightest
Fuck, I remember one where they parodied Yahtzee and it was the least funny thing I've ever seen. It was just a stream of things Yahtzee might say, being said by someone who wasn't yahtzee. It was fucking dire.
At least I think they're the guys you're talking about.
>>
>>385791565
this
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.