[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Serious question: Will this in any way allow Sony to control

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: ss (2017-08-01 at 01.06.38).png (59KB, 807x442px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2017-08-01 at 01.06.38).png
59KB, 807x442px
Serious question:

Will this in any way allow Sony to control what games get ported over to in USA??

Example
>Studio X non affiliated to Aniplex
I want to make this anime into a game for Switch, PS4, and Xbone

>Sony
We have to give you permission for the game to be sold in NA
>>
short answer is yes, long answer is complicated

either way, it's potentially extremely anti-consumer, Sony is a fucking scum company and sony niggers are the worst people on this board
>>
>>385787235
>We have to give you permission for the game to be sold in NA
correction
We have to give you permission for the game to be sold as a Switch or Xbone title.
>>
anime games are always released on sony platform and not the other two so thing will change nothing
>>
I thought Funimation was doing stuff through Universal
>>
File: CLOU_NDS_BXSHT_RETAIL.jpg (669KB, 1000x897px) Image search: [Google]
CLOU_NDS_BXSHT_RETAIL.jpg
669KB, 1000x897px
You need to remember that Sony Pictures =/= Sony Computer Entertainment.

Because they are owned by the same parent company, it will be easier for them to cooperate on projects, but it won't stop games based on sony-owned non-vidya properties being made for competing platforms
>>
>>385787385
mad af, all jail based Sony for stomping in the competitions hand once again
>>
>>385787492

I know I just didnt want to phrase it like that to avoid console war from teh get to go
>>
>>385787385
This, if microsoft was in this position they would pull "PC and Xbox get exclusive costumes in this game, and they receive it 2 months early". Nintendo would probably keep everything exclusive as well but at least the west will get it on the same day as the east
>>
>>385787235
>Will this in any way allow Sony to control what games get ported over to in USA??
hope so
>>
>>385787586
yeah is totally not a coincidence they made this move after Switch is getting hard traction in Japan
>>
>>385787998
>hope so
disgusting
>>
>>385787937
mother 3
>>
File: 1430018137974.jpg (117KB, 634x845px) Image search: [Google]
1430018137974.jpg
117KB, 634x845px
>>385787235
I didn't know that funimation made and own the properties of the anime they localized.
>>
>>385787235
nah, at best it will help create or increase the duration of timed exclusivity to some licensed animu games, will also help with offering said animus being available to rent/buy on the PS Store
as for controlling what gets ported, only if it's directly under their own development and publishing rights such as Bleach Soul Resurreccion (which is a PS3 exclusive).
Sony owning Funimation won't suddenly make them also own NIS America and Bandai Namco
>>
>>385788043
>not wanting to play all weeb games in one plataform
disusting
>>
>>385788207
That's a fairly old example, Nintendo seems to be focusing on international releases lately. Pokemon Sun/moon was available in 9 languages day one.
>>
>>385788295
its a gray zone. they cant block the game, but they do can deny access to any dub or VA funimation uses for that anime show
>>
>>385787235
>Sony buying Funimation

Aw fuck no! Stop buying other companies dumbasses.
>>
>>385788956
that's because it's fucking pokemon, some random no name anime would never get as much care
>>
>>385787235
A majority stake in a company doesn't always mean a controlling stake. Still, it probably will have some effect if not now, in the long term. Assuming Sony Pictures doesn't get shut down before then, because it haemorrhages money.
>>
>>385789445
>A majority stake in a company doesn't always mean a controlling stake
read the article

95%.
Sony basically owns em now
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.